It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden panic attacks: Sign of things to come?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I hesistate writing this thread because I have no evidence, other than my own experience, to validate this theory; however, recent things have happened which make me question whether there is something about to happen in the near future.

Last week, my boss, who is a very down to earth easy going sort of woman, phoned in and said she would not be able to make it to work. She ended up taking a few days off only to return and tell us how, out of the blue, on her way to work, she got this overwhelming feeling that something bad was going to happen. This feeling turned into a panic attack and she ended up going to the hospital feeling like she was about to have a heart attack. She told us that, prior to this event, she thought that panic attacks were all in a persons head and not really...well...real.

That was last week.

Three days ago on Saturday, while at work, I too got what I can only describe as ... I suppose you can say it was an explosive type negative feeling. It's kind of hard to describe. If this makes any sense, I guess you can compare it to the moment the phone rings, and there is that brief moment of anxiousness. Well, it felt like that but more intense. This passed quickly but left me somewhat confused as to why I suddenly felt that way.

Today.

My fiance calls me and tells me she is coming home. Why? She said she feels like she is about to have a panic attack! I know this may just be cooincidental but I have to ask ATS. Is anyone else, or anyone that you know, having sudden panic type attacks?

Is there perhaps something going on in the collective conscious that is trying to warn us of something?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't generally get into this sort of discussion for the same reasons that your boss had. I generally tend to believe that things like panic attacks can be controlled, if not completely avoided. With that being said the past two weeks I have had this random sudden sense of tension immediately followed by the feeling that I should not be where I was at, but that I should be elsewhere. I have discussed this with a couple of people to have them tell me that they too have felt very anxious lately like they needed to be doing something, or like they were waiting for something. I can't explain it at all simply because I have no idea what could be causing this feeling. I have no undue stress in my life, I have not suddenly changed my diet, and I have been getting proper amounts of rest.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I believe that there are alot of unexplained things going on in these times. Especially recently. More people are seemingly nervous, anxious, or just plain acting weird.

But then again, maybe its just me.

I, too, am feeling a little unnerved lately. But, ever since I surrounded myself with the mass influx of information being presented here lately, I have been taking all things with a grain of salt.

Funny, but I have a feeling something is brewing. And it ain't coffee!

I still fear for those who think there aren't problems happening as we speak.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Crazy that this was brought up. I had one of these at work last Monday, and had nothing to even fear. Things were going pretty good, and I never really get anxiety at all. I'm a social, outgoing person. I get along easily with everyone. I suddenly just felt like I was wasting time, and that something bad was on the horizon.

However, the feeling did pass. I have always felt as if I'm "awaiting" something, but I bet anyone can say that. Another possibility is that this is induced just from the general doom & gloom prophecies that seem to be EVERYWHERE today. Whether it's in the MSM or on ATS. You can never get away from "The end is near."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The only situation I can equate this phenomena to was about 2 years ago I had this feeling like I would die if I didn't leave the city I was in. I can't describe it only to say that it was a prolonged anxiety that came and went with different intensity. Upon leaving the city, that anxiety left immediately. I believe the anxiety was telling me that opportunities in that city for me were a dead end.

On a biblical note, there are some that think the great war in revelations is a spiritual battle and not a physical one. If you interpret revelations as a spiritual battle you will see that in the end times people will struggle mentally and emotionally. They will have doubts, be deceived, and not know which way is up or down. Life would be confusing.

If you believe in ascension theories then anxiety is a form of releasing and informing you that you may not be on the right path, or that something isn't working in your life. I believe we are all being informed through some higher knowledge, and being lead like sheep pushed to the areas we need to be in to do the greatest good for everyone.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have also been experiencing this on and off recently. The only things that I can compare it to is the feeling I had when my grandmother was sick and I knew that the end was near for her. I would just start hyperventilating and felt like I was going to die. The other time I had these feelings was after the 9/11. Almost like Post Traumatic Stress disorder. Lately I have had mild feelings of this but they seem to pass rather quickly more more frequently. I think that gut feeling that people have speaks for itself. The shape the world is in today and everything we hear about on a daily basis is enough to put the more sensitive people in a tizzy!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Thank you for your reply SpaDe.

What you describe is exactly what my boss has described as well.
Not to hype the issue, but I'm a firm believer that we are all connected supraphysically, and, if something major were to happen, it would manifest emotionally first as our logical brains may have a hard time deciphering this sort of information.
Of course this is all speculation at this point but I am curious to see how prevalent this may or may not be.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I suffered from two in the last week with one being real severe. Almost to the point of me having my wife call an ambulance. I thought it was the big one but I rode it out being I had more of a feeling it was just a panic attack. Lucky I was right unless maybe it was a minor heart attack. I'm just worried about going to the Doctors because I feel like I'll just leave being prescribed all kinds of meds then stressing about what they tell me.

Still I'm fairly young(33) but a bit over weight(25-30lbs). I think part of my stress is due from that but I feel I can fix that naturally. I actually have a treadmill coming this week

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
The only situation I can equate this phenomena to was about 2 years ago I had this feeling like I would die if I didn't leave the city I was in. I can't describe it only to say that it was a prolonged anxiety that came and went with different intensity. Upon leaving the city, that anxiety left immediately. I believe the anxiety was telling me that opportunities in that city for me were a dead end.

On a biblical note, there are some that think the great war in revelations is a spiritual battle and not a physical one. If you interpret revelations as a spiritual battle you will see that in the end times people will struggle mentally and emotionally. They will have doubts, be deceived, and not know which way is up or down. Life would be confusing.

If you believe in ascension theories then anxiety is a form of releasing and informing you that you may not be on the right path, or that something isn't working in your life. I believe we are all being informed through some higher knowledge, and being lead like sheep pushed to the areas we need to be in to do the greatest good for everyone.

Ditto. And we are coming upon the end of Day Six of the Mayan Calendar, heading right into Night Six.

I think science, all the religions and spirituality all agree these are the end times. But the beginning of the new paradigm.

Endings bring panic because we try to hold on. Easier said than done, but get in the groove, approach all of your fears and transmute them. Definitely don't fear what is to come .. the ride will be bumpy for a time, but I believe what's replacing this mess is going to be worth the potholes along the way.

Approach each moment as it is... that moment.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Hey Doc I heard you call my name "The end is near." Well it was close.

OP. I have been seeing a lot of it with people in my town. Not actual panic attacks, but the whole mood of people. Angry, somber, distressed looking and acting. I have seen today, two people blow up on a pharmacist at a drive up window and clerk in the grocery store. People that I have never heard talk politics talking about the economy and politics.

We live in a very interesting time.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I experience this for the longest time already.

My best explanation from my experience is the constant barrage of stress that accumulates on an hourly basis which essentially gets unleashed when faced by a trigger. Hospitalization is an option but I told my employees not to since I learned to cope with it or I simply got used to the symptoms. It took me a long time before I finally coped with it. I never liked hospitals and doctors.

A few minutes of break is needed. ATS is one form of getting my mind off things.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've been through this a couple times.

As for the rather innocent ones feeling it out of the blue, well I can only equate it with their umbilical cord being cut. After having one's head in the sand for so long with the thinking that everything will be ok, we should trust our governments and be secure in knowing they care about us etc.

It's a moment when you realize you are indeed on your own and the world is not what we thought it was. A moment when you realize that everything was a lie and you were deceived like our ancestors said we would be.

-The next paycheck might be the last, MAYBE FOR YEARS!
-The last bastion of freedom from tyranny on this planet is falling fast.
-War war war and probably more war.
-Terror attacks of any sort can happen anywhere at any time. What is taking them so long?
-No one can save you and no one will try. It all and they all depend(s) on you.

It doesn't help that we have our heads in a microwave, on low, CONSTANTLY with the exponential invasion of microwave / wifi / cell devices. Can you say COLONY COLLAPSE DISORDER?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Look around you. There is very little to feel good about. Our country and financial system seem to be dying. There is fear our goverment is trying to kill us with swine flu and vaccine. Our politicians seem to be totally divorceed from what the citizens want. Jobs are anything but secure if you even have one. Hate is everywhere. Everytime you turn around someone is trying to seperate you from your money. Our society has turned to crap and I don't see it ending. Until as a society, we can focus on improving society as a whole rather than being focused on individual gain then these problems will just grow larger. Is it any wonder that people are having panic attacks left and right?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The panic attacks are triggered by a thought.
Vibrations can also trigger PA when you don't know what's happening and why are you shaking.
I started to notice the vibrations in the head sporadicly in the past,usually after heavy thinking and enlightment about the subject of thought.
Lately i'm almost feeling it every day.
I'm a musician and sound engineer and also do some meditation.
Sometimes when i'm really concentrated in my mixes i get this explosion of lightness in my head and i let go and it lasts long time,usually till i get distracted.
It fills my body with vibrations similar to what happens when in deep meditative states.
I used to smoke marijuana but i had to quit cause the vibrations where so intense that i had panic attacks.
I think this happens easily to me due to the trance states i've induced myself making beats.
A joint,old soul and funk records,a sp1200 drum machine,loops,2 hours in a trance state and bammm!A panic attack!

Don't be afraid of vibrations,let go and remember your ascending with the planet.
If mother earth is raising the frequency,so you should

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I suffered from anxiety attacks for 10 years. When I first started to have them I thought I had heart probs and was going to die. I used to get dizzy, chest felt constricted, pins and needles all over my body, then hyperventilate and sometimes pass out. There was no rhyme or reason about them, I could be just watching tv then boom! I would be on the floor hypeventilating and shaking. I used to have these every day, and I became agrophobic, couldn't go to the shop, ride a buss or anything because they would trigger an attack.
But I found ways of stopping the attacks before they started by centering myself and breathing. And by forcing myself to go into places/situations that triggerd them and facing them. And then they just stopped, all without meds.

I found that if someone else was anxious, I would kind of feed off it and this would trigger an attack. Even now when someone around me is anxious and even if they are trying to hide it, I can tune into it, the butterflies start, and I have to centre myself, so I do believe that emotions/anxiety can and does get transmitted much like catching a virus. Panic spreads.. Trick is not to dwell on it, just see it as a momentary abhoration, or it will become like a damacles sword over your head, with you waiting for it to happen again which brings one on!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First - S&F! For bringing this up!!

You have no idea how wierd this is to hear your OP and listen to others saying their 'sensing' this too.

I was just talking to my best friend yesterday about this very subject!! I don't want to write a novel about the 3 incidents I've had over the last 20yrs that were related to feelings of severe dred.

(all three of which came 'out of the blue' and were feelings of 'something isn't right, something is VERY wrong somewhere)

Each time, some tragic accident happened resulting in a loss of life. I either saw the accident physically or knew the person that died.

I'm not claiming clairvoyance by any means. Only explaining what happened the last 3 times I felt this way. THE SAME WAY I'VE BEEN FEELING FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS!

For 2 weeks now, I've had this severe heavy feeling of 'impending doom' type thing. It's not gotten to the point of a panic attack yet but it's definately distracting my work and home life. Even my wife has been telling me how 'distant' I am lately.

Then yesterday, I was talking to my best friend at work and I was telling him about this feeling and described the last 3 times I felt like this. I told him verbatum,

"This one feels different. Its like it doesn't have anything to do with me, like it's "out there" somewhere. Like something is fixing to happen on a very large scale and it scares the crap outta me."

I have no idea what it is or where its comming from and I don't care how much people tell me I'm crazy. I know what I feel and I know it's not right, something is comming and it's big.

I cannot believe how weird this is to actually see I'm not alone and others are feeling this to....I'm seriously getting chills just writting this.

Keep the stories comming I'm REALLY interested to hear what's going on now!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I take the biochemical approach. Yes, we're bombarded by a multitude of stressors every moment. Whether it be physical, emotional, intellectual, or spiritual, chemical reactions are constantly attempting to bring about an equilibrium after the experience. I think when our reserves of certain neurotransmitters or nutrients get too low, we start short-circuiting even from small issues. Biochemical repair is needed when this point is hit.

I personally took high dose nutrients for a solid year to clear up my symptoms. Panic attacks were only one of them. This could also be related to adrenal insufficiency. I think a b & c vitamin daily would go a long way to help people out experiencing panic attacks. Personally, I take adaptogens now. Bacopa will up gaba levels in the brain amongst other things.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I don't generally get into this sort of discussion for the same reasons that your boss had. I generally tend to believe that things like panic attacks can be controlled, if not completely avoided.

Likewise, however just under a month ago I experienced panic'd feelings/feelings of dread on and off for about 2 weeks despite having nothing to be worried or stressed about. A close friend of mine who now lives far north of where I am, also experienced something similar. The thing that worried me the most though, was that during those 2 weeks, I didn't dream, not at all. Now this worried me because I always dream, always remember them in great detail, much to my other halfs annoyance
He can't understand how I can remember such details especially as he dreams/remembers dreams once in a blue moon.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by DocEmrick

Hey Doc I heard you call my name "The end is near." Well it was close.

OP. I have been seeing a lot of it with people in my town. Not actual panic attacks, but the whole mood of people. Angry, somber, distressed looking and acting. I have seen today, two people blow up on a pharmacist at a drive up window and clerk in the grocery store. People that I have never heard talk politics talking about the economy and politics.

We live in a very interesting time.

I definitely have seen this as well. People seem to be so on edge that any little thing would set them off. You go into a store and everyone walks around like they have a chip on their shoulder. Its a bit creepy.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ive been feeling fine, but I had a deja vu feeling yesterday that was interesting. I almost never have them, but this afternoon I did. Not only did I first get the deja vu feeling of having heard what this guy was telling me as he was speaking, but when I realized I had heard this before, I started thinking about what he was going to say next. And he did say exactly what I expected in his next sentence!

I have no evidence, but it happened. Believe me or not. This has only happened maybe 2-3 times in my life so its very cool when it does.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join