It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Commission finds problems with Communications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The ever wise group of monday morning quarterbacks known as the 9/11 commission descended on new york today to pass judgement on the performance of the greatest residents of new york city - its rescue workers.

Link

So what did they find? Inadequate communications. Bad radios. Bad repeaters. Bad P/A systems in the buildings themselves. Lack of knowledge of other stairways in the building. Lack of knowledge of a better evacuation plan.

So what did they find? Well, for starters... nothing new. These are things that were discussed beginning the afternoon of September 11th itself by surviving members of the teams on the scene and by management of those agencies. The lack of coordination between agencies was identified as an immediate problem and is being worked on regularly through drills. Frankly I find that this commission found nothing new, and I hope that they steer away from their past history of politicizing everything and at least leave emergency response out of the presidential campaign. Perhaps the responsible thing to do would have been to use the millions wasted on much of this "commission" and use it to improve rescue operations and preparedness instead. I'm sure the FDNY could've found better uses for the money than the Right Reverend Ben-Veniste blessed be he.

Congrats on finding the problem we involved in the rescues identified 12 hours later. You're only 3 years off.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree. Why bring this up three years later if the problem was addressed the day of the attacks? It seems to me the 9/11 commision are puppets to the Bush Administration. What does that mean? Lack of communication and knowledge. Sound familiar? Of course. Lack of communication between the FBI and CIA. That's why Bush wants to make the Patriot Act permanent. This is just another clear example of what Bush needs to make sure the Patriot Act stays permanent this time. No questions asked.

new topics

join