It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious flaw in the bible...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Here is a series of recent posts I made dealing with just that topic:

There are always those who will never get a chance to hear about Christianity, and those devoted to other religions. Are you telling me these people will go to hell, even if they were the best person they could be?

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment. Hebrews 9.27

You MUST learn about Christianity during your physical lifetime..."God" really has his plan thought out well aye?

EDIT: And btw...what makes God so "all mighty" and powerful, that he can say I have no right to judge, but he has the right to judge and send totally innocent people who've never even heard the word "Jesus", let alone the English language, to Hell... ... ...I just really don't know what to say, I can't see how so many people still believe this stuff...it boggles my mind...but then again...the stupidity of man never ceases to amaze me...

You MUST understand, there is still a huge number of people who do not hear the teachings of Christianity. I just can't see how you can accept that your God sends them to hell when they don't even know they did something wrong...

-Hell was made by man to keep people believing through fear.
-Heaven does the same thing, but lures them in using utter bliss and happiness for eternity.
-I see people constantly pushed into religion by use of this fear, or desire for happiness in the afterlife. It offers comfort in knowing, when really you have no idea what happens after death.
-I see all this happening on a world wide basis, relentlessly trying to force people into religion. Mean while, our society continues to degrade and break down.

To me, it looks like one of the worlds largest businesses brainwashing everyone possible. Every aspect of religion shouts MAN MADE. The only good I see coming from religion is the bliss derived from ignorance, but is that really good?

EDIT: Christians do clearly state that any person unable to ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus as their savor will go to Hell, no matter the circumstances.

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by CHA0S

That is why Christians have missions. Christians are to spread the gospel of Christ.

[edit on 20/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
I think there are bigger issues with the bible than specific timing concepts like genesis. The biggest flaw to me is that there exist millions of people on earth who have never, and will never hear of the bible. Christianity's reach is far, but it can not access everyone on the planet. What of these people? Are they going to hell simply because they have no access to Christian concepts? The simple and obvious answer is that Jesus is in fact not the only way to spiritual salvation. There are other ways that aren't reliant on outside factors such as the bible or church that spiritual fulfillment can be achieved.

You are stating a basic misconception of Catholocism. We believe that there are people who may never hear Gods word but are not condemned to hell ( what about Abraham who was born BEFORE Christ? He did not go tel hell.)

God will save the worthy whatever the religion. It is simply a matter of Are you on the express way or a back country road to heaven?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why is it that Satan is considered evil, e.g. is there a passage in the bible where he kills a lot of people, and yet God isn't considered evil, but in fact good, although God has supposedly committed mass murders, on global scales (Noah's Ark) and smaller scales too (Moses and the Red Sea), and has also incited murder (e.g. stoning drunks, killing homosexuals)...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The bible says the Earth is around 6000 to 10,000 years old.

Really? Where does it say that? Good luck finding it.

Next, you build that strawman argument and then say:

There are a few obvious problems here...which I want to discuss. Firstly...carbon-dating. It is accurate in dating objects as old as 60,000 years old from what I've heard

That is not the Bibles "problem". Frankly, the "young earth creationists" viewpoint is the problem and is total nonsense IMO. It's also a non-issue as far as the faith goes.

So...what say you Christians?

So you "challenge" Christians to answer it? You thought "Aha! I got 'em now!", right? Wrong.

[edit on 20/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
what about the dinosaurs they are millions of years old and lived where yet here on Earth sorry the bible is a rewritten book of crap. Now haters hate me i guess but thats just my opinion so much was left out of the bible its rediculous, so misleading

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

You give an argument we've already discussed thoroughly...I suggest reading through the thread...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
what about the dinosaurs they are millions of years old and lived where yet here on Earth sorry the bible is a rewritten book of crap. Now haters hate me i guess but thats just my opinion so much was left out of the bible its rediculous, so misleading

If you feel the need to ridicule, spell correctly.

Guess what else was left out?

1. Cars
2. Nibiru
3. The Mayans
4. Alaska
5. Saturn

Now I see how right you are!!! The Bible IS trash.

Becaus ethe Bible did not say it, it proves how wrong it is?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

If you feel the need to ridicule, spell correctly.

Guess what else was left out?

1. Cars
2. Nibiru
3. The Mayans
4. Alaska
5. Saturn

Now I see how right you are!!! The Bible IS trash.

Becaus ethe Bible did not say it, it proves how wrong it is?

gonna trash me for spelling then you cannot even spell THE right lol ok

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There are lots of serious flaws in the Bible

Some people want to choose one of the 38,000 denominations of Christianity, believe the Bible that way, and base their life on it. I call that ignorance.

Does ANY proof or even obvious falsity of the ONE book they have make any difference to these people? NO! It's a hopeless game of Psychology with disempowered people fighting for something they don't understand.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm just going to post this picture.

Check it out ..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

...I always love the abstract nature of your posts...interesting picture...where is it from?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It is from this forum site.
They are talking about alot of intresting stuff about the 'creation' and stuff like that !!

God Is An Annunaki And Came From Planet X Or "Nibiru".

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is an old tired debate that has been discussed by people a lot more brilliant on both sides than are represented here.

I don't know why this has to be brought up again.

Know this.

I'm a Christian, but the Bible isn't my science text book. There are a lot more Christians like me than fundamentalist young Earthers.

Satisfied?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Sorry to be a bother...but the link doesn't seem to work...I tried fixing it myself but couldn't seem to find the problem...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I'm a Christian, but the Bible isn't my science text book. There are a lot more Christians like me than fundamentalist young Earthers.
So you don't take every word the bible says literally...is that what your saying? If so, that means you don't believe it's all truth...therefor how can we trust any of it...the problem I have is that people do blindly follow this stuff as absolute truth...I'm just pointing out why we shouldn't do that...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A few weeks back, I watched a series of videos of a lecture by a physicist named Gerald Schroeder. He talked about the creation story in this lecture and how science and the Bible can be reconciled as far as the ages and dates of things go.. I thought it was very interesting. I'll post the link to the playlist because I feel I can't retell it and at all get the idea right!

If you don't have the time to watch the series, in a nutshell, he says that up until and including the sixth day of creation, the day given was from God's point of view, not from the perspective of Earth. That's all I can really say with out botching up the rest.
Watch the series to get the bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

There's an expression. Throwing the baby out with the bath water. I don't believe that everything in the Bible is 100% fact. The same with Aesop's Fables. Does that mean that it doesn't hold value?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

No...it definitely hold value...as I say...there are some good life lessons to be learnt from it...but we really shouldn't need a book to tell us how to live, or be good people...and we certiantly shouldn't need the temptation of Heaven or the fear of Hell to push us into being better people...

EDIT: Even though it has value...that value is lost in all the wrong things it teaches...and to believe every word of it is foolish IMO...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i don't believe the bible says how old the earth is. i don't remember a verse saying, "thou earth is 6000 years old". It just says, "In the beggining", the beggining may of been 10 billion years ago, give or take a few billion years. The Bible is not a litteral translation of what God said, no one ever said that, it is writen by men and interpretated by men. It has been translated many many times. So stop being so argumentative and just take th Bible for its stories and learn from them. Who cares when the Earth started, i wasn't around then and it has nothing to do with my belief or life as it stands today. Move along, this thread isn't the one you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What if Satan wrote the Bible, Torah and Koran, in order to throw us all off?

Edit To Add: (Sorry boss was in my office
) What if Satan, or a demonic, ignorant entity, maybe even an alien, crafted the Abrahamic faiths in order to lure people away from their true nature; spirituality - and lead people to not question the universe, not question the reasoning behind things like quantum mechanics, and what's really out there?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by DocEmrick]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join