It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious flaw in the bible...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Ok, let's add chemistry and geology to the mix in terms the oceans.
In the center of the oceans where the oceanic plates split, there are fumeroles (black smokers) that pump litrally millions of tons of toxins into the oceans everyday, factoring also the deposits of minerals etc washed into the oceans from rivers on the continental shelves, also the polution absorbed by the oceans from geological processes, aeolian deposits, and let us not forget anthroprogenic activity, so if the earth was millions of years old then what we would have is oceans that have become like a chemical soup unable to sustain life.

[edit on 103131p://f22Tuesday by Selahobed]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

we can safely say he wasn't referring to a day on Uranus...

Maybe...but assuming that the days being referred to are earth days, even though they're clearly being used before the earth itself is created seems a bit presumptuous, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

If he's creating the Earth, then do you think that he's actually standing in the place that is in the process of creation?
Oh...ok...so I was correct...God is trying to confuse us...why doesn't he just talk about how pigs fly and time goes backwards where he lives as well...and then leave us to work out that's what actually happens where he is...

reply to post by LordBucket

Please refer to above response...and I'd assume he'd have his blue print for Earth made...and knew exactly how long it would be...

[edit on 20/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Unregistered

If he's creating the Earth, then do you think that he's actually standing in the place that is in the process of creation?
Oh...ok...so I was correct...God is trying to confuse us...why doesn't he just talk about how pigs fly and time goes backwards where he lives as well...and then leave us to work out that's what actually happens where he is...

No. You're still wrong

I think since he placed us on Earth, and the bible was made for us to follow...we can safely say he wasn't referring to a day on Uranus...

How can you be right if you said the above?

EDIT: Where did God say to follow the creation?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Another fallacy to consider is just because something is not written down, does not mean that it did not happen. I like many people, can and will tell a story and not include every single detail.

I don't recall anything in the Bible about man having to take a crap now and again, but obviously we do. Does that some how negate every thing else in the Bible?

I mean, if the Bible is everything and I am not specifically mentioned, does that mean that I do not exist?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Flaw in the Bible ? Sure it is , ill quote this here :

Nairaland.com
The Genesis story was used to control the people and to force them to worship the Anunnaki Elite as gods from the sky. The story of Genesis is not the story of the True Divine Creation. The story of Genesis is in fact, very recent when compared to the scheme of things, so how can it be a creation story?

There were already various groups of races of aliens and earthlings on Earth when the Anunnaki Elite first took control of a portion of the Earth. There were battles among the various groups for supremacy, but the Anunnaki Elite were too powerful for them. The Sumerian tablets record events of so-called origins of man and creation that were really events of the beginning of the Anunnaki Elite’s latest colonization of the Earth. The conquerors themselves wrote the tablets. Thus, what was recorded on the tablets by the Sumerians dictated by their so-called gods, was self-serving. Through past experience, the Anunnaki had seen how religions could control the populations of various worlds. This is an important tool that they use for control.

The Old Testament is dedicated to Yahweh. It is very male orientated because the Anunnaki were extremely upset with Mother Goddess worship and wanted to eliminate any mention of Her. The Old Testament acknowledges the presence of many Anunnaki "gods" on Earth in early times. The Genesis story is about the spread of humankind through generations following Adam and Eve and the story of the "divine’s" disenchantment with humankind that preceded the deluge.

And this is Why you never make sence of it !! Savvy !!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Kind of like, "Back in the day" and , "in the old days". Exactly what day? The word "day" literally had no meaning until calendars were created to keep some track of time.

I have no qualms saying the planets is billions of years old, that dinosaurs once roamed the earth, that there were wooly mammoths and sabertooth tigers. We can even track mankind back how far? 6 millions years or so as of a few weeks ago?

This still does not negate the story of the Bible in any way shape or form, because without a date, you have nothing.

What exactly is "in the beginniong"? The beginning of what? It is all speculative, and open to individual interpretation which is cohesive with scientific facts and evidence.

If anyone professes to know the beginning of what, or what a day is to God, then it becomes time to walk away.

The whole carbon tenet is unstable, IMO, and there is a lot of study to back that up, just as there is study to refute.

Point is, no one knows for sure, there are simply schools of belief that people belong to, and a school of belief in carbon dating is really no different than a school of religion, as both are faith based to the believer.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

so if the earth was millions of years old then what we would have is oceans that have become like a chemical soup unable to sustain life.
Natural processes help filter and clean the ocean...I don't have time to research it now...but I'm sure there are well established theories on how that works...but we need not worry about toxins, God will just wash it all away and kill all but 2 of every animal...he'll fix it...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

First...PALEESE stop using Wiki as a serious point of reference because it shows absolute weakness in your desire to be taken as a serious questioner. Why not say "Uncle Bob told me so."?

Second. What is it about Christianity that bothers you to the point you will try to "convert people away from the Bible?"

I completely disagree with Islam and Judisim but admire and respect anyone who follows the teachings. So I will politley discuss differences without saying "Dude, you are SOOOOO wrong and uninformed."

Third. Dude, you are so wrong and uninformed. Science is wrong frequently but since it seems to be your religion it MUST BE the truth it seems.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Kind of like, "Back in the day" and , "in the old days". Exactly what day? The word "day" literally had no meaning until calendars were created to keep some track of time.
As I said...if God is all knowing...wouldn't he know the word "day" would refer to 24 hours on Earth...and to use the word "day" would be moronic if you want as many people as possible to follow you and read past the first page of the bible...

What exactly is "in the beginniong"? The beginning of what? It is all speculative, and open to individual interpretation which is cohesive with scientific facts and evidence.
Well...since he referred to the skies as the Heavens...you decide what he meant by the beginning...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

First...PALEESE stop using Wiki as a serious point of reference because it shows absolute weakness in your desire to be taken as a serious questioner. Why not say "Uncle Bob told me so."?
Oh...feel free to research the information I have put forward...you'll find it from even the most respected sources...

Second. What is it about Christianity that bothers you to the point you will try to "convert people away from the Bible?"
I don't possibly have enough time to explain why the bible is a major road block to the development of man kind in every aspect...take a look at the thread titled "Can you see the matrix?" in my sig...

Third. Dude, you are so wrong and uninformed. Science is wrong frequently but since it seems to be your religion it MUST BE the truth it seems.
No...it's not a religion...it's science...it cold hard facts based on pure logic and reasoning...basically, Science can be wrong, and is in some aspects, but at least it changes over time, and develops, and is based on real things, when was the last time the bible was rewritten because it got proven wrong, but that's the thing, you can't PROVE it wrong unless a. you turn back time, or b. it itself is inconsistent. However, even when inconsistent people state "Oh, translation error."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

What? Like bottom feeders like shellfish that have been found to have a high level of toxins in their systems? Or currents that carry vast amount of nutrient with them? Or could it be carbon that gets locked into the rocks on the ocean floor? Fact is, there is a high amount of suspended particles in the oceans that take a very long time to reach the ocean floor, then that doesn't include the minerals that are in solvent form in the oceans too. What is is filtration system that has kept the oceans clean for gazzilions of years then?

Btw, very mature noahic comment, or does Christians with answers make you mad where you have to insult?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
God gives womankind pain in giving birth and the snake is forced to crawl on it's belly. The snake gets punished how exactly, whilst all women are now forced to endure pain, not for what they did, and THEN he goes and impregnates a virgin supposedly (I think it's a virgin, or just some-one elses woman) and forces them to go through pain. Oh isn't God great.

"You'll have great pain when you give birth."
"Then I just won't get pregnant."
"Too late."
"But I haven't had sex."
"I don't care... you're going to feel pain..."

Satan's so bad... he tries to tempt us towards evil... Evil?!? Like having sex with someone you love?!? Like watching Australian Idol?!? Like giving a blood transfusion?!? Dude... that freakin Satan...He needs to be stopped...before he gives us too much free will...

"Bless me father, for I have sinned."
"It is ok my child, what have you come to confess?"
"I got a blood transfusion and it saved my life."
"GET OUT!!! GET OUT OF THIS HOLY PLACE!!! YOU ARE AN ABOMINATION UNTO GOD!!! HOW DARE YOU LIVE!?! GET OUT!!!"

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Oh...feel free to research the information I have put forward...you'll find it from even the most respected sources...

I don't possibly have enough time to explain why the bible is a major road block to the development of man kind in every aspect...take a look at the thread titled "Can you see the matrix?" in my sig...

No...it's not a religion...it's science...it cold hard facts based on pure logic and reasoning...basically, Science can be wrong, and is in some aspects, but at least it changes over time, and develops, and is based on real things, when was the last time the bible was rewritten because it got proved wrong, but that's the thing, you can't PROVE it wrong unless a. you turn back time, or b. it itself is inconsistent. However, even when inconsistent people state "Oh, translation error."

So your answer is "Trust me?"

Pathetic answer.

As for science...Isn't a basic tenent of your science religion "results are based on the observer and must be able to be reproduced?"

Simple answer is 1.6 BILLION people can reproduce Christianity. TRY finding 1.6 billion to reproduce your (odd) attempts to ridicule only ONE religion and no others.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Btw, very mature noahic comment, or does Christians with answers make you mad where you have to insult?
No...it wasn't a post of anger...merely having some fun...as for the ocean thing...I think we'd need to get into some serious science to come to any conclusions on that one...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You will find your answers in the Book of Job.

Job 38:4-10

Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding.

Who has laid the measures thereof, if you know? Or who has streteched the line upon it?

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the corner stone thereof;

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Angels)

Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

And brake up for it my decreed palce, and set bars and doors,

Job 38:31-33
Can you bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
Can you bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? Or can you guide Arcturus with his sons?
Know you the ordinances of heaven? Can you set the dominin there in the earth?

Amos 5:8
Seek him that makes the seven stars and Orion, and turns the shadow of death into the morning, and makes the day dark with night: that calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the face of the earth: The Lord is His Name.

I believe if you read the same questions that God put to Job, you could quite honestly say, like Job did, that you cannot answer Him.

1 Timothy 6:20-21
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called. Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

The problem with people that post about the Word of God in the negative, is that you do NOT know the Bible. You post on a "single" line of scripture without knowing the whole Bible. It takes years of study with the gift of the Holy Spirit to understand the Word of God.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.

2nd Peter 1:20-21
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scriptures is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2nd Peter 2:1-4
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the LORD that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

For if God spared NOT the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness to be RESERVED unto judgment....

There you have it according to the word of God.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Simple answer is 1.6 BILLION people can reproduce Christianity. TRY finding 1.6 billion to reproduce your (odd) attempts to ridicule only ONE religion and no others.
I'm sure if you gave every person on Earth a simple, and well established science experiment they could all reproduce the same results...now go get everyone to pray for something...and we'll compare the results...

EDIT: Let me just ask you...do you think it's wrong to use science?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuberial

Yea? well guess what... Man can interpret anything anyway man wants. So i say dont trust any word exept your own.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think there are bigger issues with the bible than specific timing concepts like genesis. The biggest flaw to me is that there exist millions of people on earth who have never, and will never hear of the bible. Christianity's reach is far, but it can not access everyone on the planet. What of these people? Are they going to hell simply because they have no access to Christian concepts? The simple and obvious answer is that Jesus is in fact not the only way to spiritual salvation. There are other ways that aren't reliant on outside factors such as the bible or church that spiritual fulfillment can be achieved.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ljib777

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.

Wow...just wow...now we can't even think for ourselves...I'll refer to some recent posts of mine...

Religion: Usually informing it's followers that everything in the universe (including humans) was created by a God of some description, it relieves followers of the need to ask questions about reality, history and our origins. It totally strips you of any chance at independent thought, Christianity for example, a whole freaking book that dictates how you should live your entire life...was written by man, not a God...I'm not saying God(s) don't exist, or even that they didn't create us or the universe, just that no book on Earth contains the will of such an entity if one does exist...enough said.

All religions are different and full of lies about reality, sure, some of the stories my be good life lessons, but it's still the work of man, and a lot of the time, it's just plain bad advice. We don't REALLY know if the universe was created by a God, or if Gods(s) really exist. It's silly to accept everything you are told without evidence. Now you don't have to ask questions at all. Seemingly, some great book has answered everything for you. You now know where you came from and how you got here, you don't really have to ask questions about reality. You now know what's right and wrong. How can you accept all this and be content with it? It's an insult to independent thought.

In my eyes, religion takes us on a road in the completely opposite direction to where we should be headed. We shouldn't be reading a whole bunch of crap, accepting it as truth, and throw our questions out the window, we should be denying ignorance, we should be seeking real truth and answers, we should be asking questions (with totally open minds), and we should be doing it all without being mentally enslaved and manipulated by reality overlords. If any God(s) do exist, this is the way in which we will be able to know and feel it's existence. Here's an old thread I found quite interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join