It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Unemployment rate 21.4%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I found this article on MSNBC of all news organzations right? Its from there help desk and I am try to find other numbers to back up what MSNBC says.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is kind of shocking to me considering the goverment says the rate is around 9% and Obama said we wouldnt get over 8% if we passed the stimulus.

www.time.com...

So whats all say about Obamas hold over the media?( I know this one is a stretch)

www.foxnews.com...

Please let me know your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

wuho , seems it keeps getting better and better , seems that americans are going to pay for tens of millions/hundreds of millions deaths they caused across the globe .

karma strikes back , you reap what you sow

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

wuho , seems it keeps getting better and better , seems that americans are going to pay for tens of millions/hundreds of millions deaths they caused across the globe .

Wow....just wow.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Dude are you serious, I mean come on, America isnt the only ones who have caused heartache across the globe, we have only been a nation for 200 years. Dont forget about Europe and its slave trade, or Europes attacks on Navtive Americans, or Russia, China, Pol Pot, North Korea, Iran.

Damn America haas done more Right then she has done wrong, and we Americans contiunally strive to make up for our 90 years of slavery. We dont have a perfect past but its sure better the the nations I mentioned.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The American people are largely blameless - they are just victims of their propaganda networks.

They seem to believe that the stimulus was in some way supposed to help the citizens - and the economy is recovering - and unemployment is actually 9% - what a laugh.

It was of course just a buffer for the favored banks to prevent them failing while the Fed held the economy in a deflationary depression to bankrupt and steal the average mans real estate.

But - yes - we can only hope the entire nation is destroyed. It might wake some people up to whats outside of their own backyard.

Theres also a chance it will get rebuilt a lot better than it is now.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Don't have much time to respond (work).
But, S&F for a good thread!
I'll be back later.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Okay keep in mind were talking about people who want a job... there are plenty pf happy housewives kids and disabled persons who we don't count in these figures...

Now keeping that in mind there are a large number of economists, analysts and investors who watch that U-3 figure with great interest... you see when it reaches 10.2% that would reflect 25 to 30% of all willing able and ready persons out of work... that number is to high to sustain a healthy economy... that number will cause the next big market crash... one we might not come back from...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks for pointing that out Daddybare. The economy isnt something I am strong on but have taking a great interest in since 2004.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
its gettin pretty bad huh..

too bad people accept 9% at face value

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whateverponcho

I totaly agree with you, I still cant belive people have there rosey red glasses on. I guess when all of the goverment money runs out were screwed.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Thanks for pointing that out Daddybare. The economy isnt something I am strong on but have taking a great interest in since 2004.

You might want to go read this article by Thomas Palley...A second Great Depression is still possible.... He's very good about explaining Economists in layman's terms I think all of us are now using his car metaphor when trying to explain why things are only going to get worse from here....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You know I looked at that, And I see a second collaspe coming but from which sector will it fall? The Goverment, banks, commercial real estate, we are in trouble here in America.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Unemployment is the trigger in his scenario... he talks about

The destruction of household wealth means many households have near-zero or even negative net worth. That increases pressure to save and blocks access to borrowing that might jump-start a recovery. Moreover, both the household and business sector face extensive bankruptcies that amplify the downward multiplier shock and also limit future economic activity by destroying credit histories and access to credit.

Meaning that unless we can get a handle on unemployment everything will fall in like a house of cards set on a shaky table

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I will go back and re-read it thanks for that input there.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Also there is people who want a job, but don't need one to support themselves.

Like me. I'd love to work, even if only 10 hours a week, but my parents got me covered.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I want you to adopt me

Hey I'm even house broke... well mostly

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

me 2, I can contribute to your house in some way... My wife not to good of a cook but she can bake!!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

house broke?

you mean foreclosure?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

house broke?

you mean foreclosure?

What do you mean?