It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOURSELF?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As an astrologer i believe that when we are born into this world the first breath we take influences are whole life.
Where the sun, moon and planets are alligned when we are born creates who we are.
The planets control feelings, emotion and also times and incidents in our lives.
The moon controls our mood.
The sun also known as our star sign controls our looks, manerisms, attitude and fortune.
The strange thing about astrology is it combines both science and mystique. A non-believer can read his/her star sign and it would make no sense to them at all but someone who is willing to accept it and is open to suggestion will find that a reading is crystal clear.
Throughout history the stars have been used as guides, the vikings used them to find their way on the ocean and greek philosophers used them to predict events. My advise is that astrology is just a guide to a persons fortune or even happiness.

If you would like a reading or an insight into your basic personality just send me a U2U and i will gladly do it at no cost (unlike Mystic Bloody Meg).

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You are pretty good. Got the thing at bottom right. How cancers are such and such. Thanks man, good job.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What does Patrick Moore say when asked about astrology!? "It just proves, there's one born every minute" !!!!!!!!

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by CupidStunt]

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Patrick Moore is an astronomer there is a slight difference between astrology and astronomy.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yes, you are correct!

One is a science, and the other a load of hocus-pocus for the generally ignorant and gullible, scientifically illiterate, and vulnerable people in our society!

The fact I quoted Patrick Moore ("It just proves, there's one born every minute"), suggests I agree with his view that you have to be stupid to believe in astrology and astrologers who string people along with generalisations that apply to everyone or 'mine' them for data they can use to 'amaze'.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As a non-believer Cupid you obviously dont understand the reason for astrology. Astrology is a science which studies human nature, through astrology we can identify our basic personality and knowing exactly who we are and what we want can help us achieve our goals. All the people i know who study astrology lead happy and fulfilled lives, they get what they want out of relationships and out of their careers, for those of us who believe, astrology is just a guide for hope and regardless to what anyone says that hope CANNOT be taken away from us. So in future please dont bad mouth astrology if you dont understand its true potential.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Mez, thought that was great. thanks for doing that.

Quite disagree with the naysayers on this, keep doing your thing .

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks for your feedback Cassinni.
Maybe CupidStunt wont be so sure of himself if i can get more positive remarks like yours, thanks alot.

< MEZ-MARE-EYES >

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'll make positive remarks about things that forward humanity, and not rubbish like astrology, that takes humanity back to the stone age! What tangible effects does astrology have, other than to lull dull people into an ignorant bliss? Heroin does the same thing, but would you consider that a good thing?

People like you, with your unscientific hocus pocus are little better than superstitious African witch doctors..........

Maybe there is some truth in some of assumptions and predictions you make, but cummon, why don't you go looking for a scientific explanation, rather than explain it all with flimsy spiritualism and general crap!

As for planets millions and billions of miles away making any difference to a person when they were born, how about that mountain next to the hospital that had far more gravitational attraction on you than Pluto?!!?!?!?!?!?!

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by CupidStunt]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Evidently, CupidStunt doesn't realize that modern science has, for quite a long while now, been "rediscovering" natural substances that have been used by the so-called "backwards superstitious mystics". Natural substances that promote healing of wounds, treats diseases minor & major, even cures for many minor ailments.

He's obviously been lulled by the mainstream "common knowledge" that modern science was the key to finding these things for the first time...WRONGO!

Personally, I don't believe in astrology but I've seen a true example of it at work. I don't believe in it because the results are generally too vague & imprecise to have to *depend* on for making your own decisions in life.
The example I'm referring to involved my Grandmother...Her astrology forecast predicted that she'd be having trouble talking to people. Wound up that she was diagnosed with cancer of the larnyx just a few days later...And had to have it removed.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It seems like you dont really have an arguement when it comes to astrology do you Cupid,
1). You don't have a clue about it.
2). Even others like MidnightDestroyer who dont beleive in it have nothing bad too say about it.
3). This one i thought was hilarious, you said that astrology was like heroin, which come of it, its not white, you have complete control over it and it certainly dont mess your head up.
Now i must admit your post have kept me entertained but if you dont mind please hold your thoughts.

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I recently got two reports from a website, which were based on my exact time and place of birth. They were startingly accurate - particularly the one parents could use to try and see what their child would be like (I put in my own details and it described me as a child pretty much spot on). The other was a karmic report which again gave a very good representation of what I was like as a person and some rather startling insights into parts of my nature I'd overlooked.

However I don't place much faith in daily horoscopes, even though I read them occasionally just to check how accurate they are. They never seem anywhere near the truth even though I try long and hard to apply them to events in retrospect.

TBH I find my tarot cards more useful for the occasional guidance and aid in focussing.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have a pack of tarot cards and have studied how to use them they use the same ground rules as astrology, belief and positive energy. They both seem to have the same effect to me the end result being guidence. Spiritual guidance is there for us to seek our idea of happiness and also awareness of the bad things that may happen in our lives. Both tarot and astrology readings are concluded by the path we walk. They are the paths to our fortune but we have a choice in our fate.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
MD, I find your remarks puzzling to say the very least! Sticking up for a subject you don't even believe in doesn't seem to make much sense at all. And to assume that I have as much disregard for natural sciences as astrology is plain ignorant considering the data you have to work with.

As I said before, many traditional beliefs do hold some truth. We should strive to peel away the ignorant susperstitions and look at the valid points in a scientifc way, unlike Mezzy the witch, who obviously doesn't! For example, much could be learnt by modern medicene from the potions created by African witch doctors. But that doesn't mean witch doctors are a good thing; how many people have, and continue to die in Africa because of their insistance to an ignorant, poorly educated population that AIDS is caused by evil spirits and therefore disuading them from seeking modern medical treatment, that would have tangible life saving effects?

As I've said before, astrologers rely on ignorant and gulllible people to fall for their 'predictions'. These predictions are always so general that they apply to everyone. Things you'd wish to hear about yourself, or that are bound to happen due to the law of averages. Here's my predictions:-

Taurus - You will die in a car accident this week!
Gemini - You are a very loving person, who enjoys nothing more than having your family around you! Take some time this week to re-build bridges in a relationship that might have soured!
Leo - You will have good luck this week with money!

All of those predictions are bound to come true for people born under these star signs this week. Doesn't mean I'm a great astrologer! (Don't worry if you're a Taurus, it probably wont be you!!)

Mez, if you think flipping over cards in a random fashion has any bearing at all, other than to draw in gullible people, then you're either a conman/woman, gullible yourself or stupid!

This one i thought was hilarious, you said that astrology was like heroin, which come of it, its not white, you have complete control over it and it certainly dont mess your head up.Now i must admit your post have kept me entertained but if you dont mind please hold your thoughts.

If I hold my thoughts, how could I possibly entertain you any more!?!?!

Shut your mouth and eat your dinner!

arc

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
as far as the tarot cards go I think it depends on how you use them and what you hope to gain from a reading. I do my own and very occasionally those for other people. However I don't 'predict' exact events as the cards all have many layers of meaning and also a reverse meaning. What I do, particularly when reading for others is point out what both aspects of the card's meaning are, tell the person what my gut feeling is - ie in a recent case a friend's 10 card spread had about 3 cards relating to various stages and forms of Love, I felt that maybe he was realising finally that he didn't want to be alone anymore after 5 years of content isolation and that his qualities as indicated by the other cards would benefit from and be balanced by more human emotion and interaction, also that he would be moving into a climate where he would be able to achieve this. He also gave me his feelings on how he viewed what the cards had told me - I never see a reading as something to impress someone with - it's a mutual discussion between 2 people.

Within a few weeks he had started going out socially again, met one of my girl friends and has just embarked on his first relationship in 5 years. Whether you see his reading as a prediction or a way of motivating my friend is up to you, I think the reading was one that strongly pointed out one of the weakest areas in his life, and because of it he decided to do something about it.

If you want to see something uncanny here is the 6 card spread I did on the state of the world the last time I got myself more than a little freaked by current events:

the present situation - tower card

what is wanted - death card

the fears - temperance card

the potential (for the question) - the star card

the potential (against the question) - justice card

outcome - judgement card

if anyone who has a pack of tarot cards wants to read the meanings of those ones... let me know what you think

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Perhaps I should qualify my previous statement...
I don't believe in *using* astrology.

Practical reasons forbide me to pay money for professional forecasts (After all, if a "professional" could *accurately* make predictions, they'd be able to make enough money for themselves to have no need to *charge* other people for their forecasts: It's a matter of practicality) & the general forecasts are too vague to be reasonably *useful*.

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

arc

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would never pay for a personal reading, nor would I ever charge anyone else. By personal I mean a reading on an individual level, not one of these computer-generated things you can download off the net. I have paid a very small sum for one of them out of pure curiousity to see how accurate it was.

Been told by too many people who practice wicca that charging for what effectively can be seen as a gift is an abuse of that gift.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"The ecliptic also passes through the constellation of Ophiuchus, which is not included among the so-called signs of the Zodiac. In fact, the Sun spends more time traversing through Ophiuchus than nearby Scorpius. During 2003, the Sun officially resides in Scorpius for less than a week: from Nov. 23-29. It then moves into Ophiuchus on Nov. 30 and remains within its boundaries for more than two weeks -- until Dec. 17. Yet the Serpent Holder is not considered a member of the Zodiac and so must defer to Scorpius."

What about this then? All you Astrologers ignore Ophiuchus! I'd be suprised if you'd ever heard of the constellation, Mezzy the witch!

Also, due to the fact that the Earth's axis moves in space 360 degrees over a 26,000 year period (known as precsssion of the Equinox), all of the Zodiac constellations are out, and all of the 'signs' people are born under for the sake of Astrological predictions are untrue; the sun is now in a different constellation in the sky when they were born as opposed to the ones defined 800 years ago!! So, an Aries is actually born when the sun was in Pisces, and a Pisces was born when the sun was in Aquarius..............

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sometimes I kind of wonder what effect there is on astrological readings due to all of the junk in orbit...Hundreds of satellites, space stations, etc.

How can an astrologer acurately read an Aquarius with Skylab ascendent & Sputnik in the seventh house?

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A conman usually financial benefits from a situation, so obviously im not a conman if i OFFER FREE READINGS.
Since the days of Atlantis and the ruling of the Olympian gods the people of Thebes studied the stars. In them days there wasnt light polution so some consellations where visible from earth and it was the consellations that where visible at the time which foreseen events. So more than likely this consellation which i havent heard of which you may have windled up in your very small but imaginative mind, Cupid, was probably not visible to them then so no, it wouldnt have made any difference to them then and it certainly doesnt nowadays. So to all those skeptics out there, believe what you want im not trying to brainwash you but dont come crying when your not as fortunate as the rest of us.
P.S fortune isnt always in wealth.

P.P.S its always entertaining when you try to challenge me CUPID please carry on with your rambling i have actually grown quite fond of it.

< MEZ-MARE-EYES >

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join