It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House Readies a Stealth Stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett was adamant on Sunday, when asked if President Obama was considering a so-called second stimulus to deal with the rising unemployment rate. "I think it's too soon. It's premature to say, 'Is a second stimulus needed?' " she told David Gregory, the host of NBC's Meet the Press.

But a moment later she said the White House was already looking at tax credits and other measures to further stimulate the economy. "There are a range of suggestions that are being considered right now by his economic team, and we'll see what we come forward with," she added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.time.com...

Other Sources:news.yahoo.com...

It looks like a second smaller secret stimulus is being talked about in Washington. This time benefit extensions, tax cuts and other proposals that may add up to nearly $100 billion when all is said and done.

Although I doubt that the White House will be calling it a stimulus they will be doing just that.

Is a second stimulus needed? Do we need to spend more tax payer money? Or in fact are these stimuli in reality doing more harm to the economy than helping?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have a fracking idea. How about a total freeze on income taxes until say May of next year.

Oh wait, that would not get the money to the bankers, mega corps, unions, or the other people in need.

What was the first Stimulus again? We do not get to see where it actually went do we? Oh yeah the 553,000 dollar jobs. How many were their again.

No, no tax cuts. That would make too much sense.

Here is the best idea ever......The federal government could fracking take a 2 year fracking vacation and I would put 10 to 1 money on an immediate recovery. Just keep those fracking idiots from doing anything else from screwing up the economy.

edit to add some emoticons(felt like adding some FLARE)

[edit on 10/20/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Part of this would be some tax cuts, (probably not a whole lot) but there would be tax cuts.

If you would like to see where your money from the first mega giveaway of our treasury went you can check it out

www.recovery.gov...

Republicans tried a (I guess you could call it a government vacation) shutdown of the federal government back in 1995. Which should have gave politicians a lesson about bi partisanship and working together to actually help this country, however no lessons were learned.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hahahahahahahhahahaaha lol'ing hahahahahahahahahahaha

Obama couldn't spend his way out of debt. So they have to resort to tax cuts? Geee, like Bush, like Reagan, hahahahahahahahahahahahaa!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I am sorry but the first stimulus package did not go where it was supposed to.

Why do we need a second one when they stole the first one?

The Bailout Package, stimulus package, and whatever other names you attached it are just theft of tax-money, plain and simple.

Where'd The Bailout Money Go? Shhhh, It's A Secret

[edit on 20-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My favorite part is when they asked the administration why they chose $700+ billion dollars for the last stimulus plan, and they said, "Well, no real reason, but we just wanted to pick out a very big number."

I have a better idea, why don't we get a stimulus plan for $10 TRILLION dollars, and then cure every problem on earth? After all, money is a made up illusion.

Funny how simple people think that by throwing more money at the problem we solve the problem, but they don't realize that the people causing the problems are also the ones providing "solutions".

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The only stimulus this package is going to bring is a revolution.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I like how Hassett put this...

Other Republicans, like economist Kevin Hassett, a former adviser to McCain's presidential campaign, say it might be better to focus on policy fixes that could have long-term impacts, not just short-term impacts. "You can have a stimulus every quarter from now until we go bankrupt," Hassett said. "But would that be good policy?"

I don't believe that spending more is going to help. I believe that the original stimulus in fact lengthened the recession and made things worse. Giving billions of dollars to failed companies was a bad idea. The DOW is once again over the 10,000 mark but and thus the economy no longer is in Recession (Yea right) But how long will that last?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't believe that spending more is going to help. I believe that the original stimulus in fact lengthened the recession and made things worse. Giving billions of dollars to failed companies was a bad idea. The DOW is once again over the 10,000 mark but and thus the economy no longer is in Recession (Yea right) But how long will that last?

It will last as long as the Rich get enough of us poor into the Market again and than booommm short sell and make her collapse. Same thing happened in the First Great Depression.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well seeing as how the first stimulus made absolutely no difference in the town I live in, I highly doubt a second one would do much good. Tax cuts aren't going to reopen factories. Out of 7 factories in town: 3 have shut down, 2 are running skeleton crews, and the other two had to cut back on production hours. The effect of that is that daycare's have shut down, which means even if you find a job there's nowhere to take your kids so you can work, and the price of everything has gone up since there aren't as many people spending money and the businesses have to make their profit up somehow. No new construction, no potholes getting fixed, no nothing. I'll be surprised if they manage to keep the roads clear once the snow starts falling in a month or so.

So seeing as how the first one didn't do squat aside from benefit Congress' buddies , I vote we pass on further pillaging by the federal government in their failed attempts to stimulate the economy by creating more debt..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It's going to be hard to get enough of us poor in the market again to pull that off. With many of us unemployed. Knock wood I still have a job.

We import too much manufacture way too little and then the cost of living is so high that companies outsource jobs overseas because they get cheaper labor. And we wonder why we are in such a mess?

I just don't see how throwing good money after bad is going to help.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I couldn't really say unless I knew more about it. I'm no economist, but I wouldn't mind some tax cuts to those in need right now and some taxes on the wealthy.

It's impossible to say that the first stimulus didn't help. We can't possibly know where we'd stand without it. The DOW's up over 10,000 again, which seems to predict good things.

The administration said a long time ago that one stimulus might not be enough, so I'm not surprised to hear that they're still considering it. Is anyone?

I definitely agree with Hassett that we need policy changes, though. We can't just keep spending money we don't have in the same structure. Eventually, it will guarantee failure.

I'm curious to hear more about a second stimulus, though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well the tea parties rallies are starting to get momentum again, remember when the H1N1 scare cut the rallies

Yes I see the commercials on TV about when is the next rally to talk about the waste and fraud in the government.

So if another stimulus is due as we will have another stimulus the tea parties are going to turn ugly.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So far as I understand only about 25% OF THE FIRST MONEY HAS BEEN SPENT SO FAR. So with 525$ to go lets just wait and see

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Sorry to bring this to you but the rest is in the hands of Wall street and for the generous bonuses they will be giving at the end of the year.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That was TARP all that money is in the hands of John Galts down on wall street.

The 700 billion in stimulus was meant to be rationed out to states over I believe 3 or 4 years. The states however instead of making shovel ready jobs cushioned their budgets with it and spent some of it on stupid projects like a multi million dollar boarder crossing that receives maybe 12 cars a day.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They just need to keep funneling more taxpayer money to thier shell-corporations and elite buddies so the can invest in as much gold and silver as possible in order to drive the price to levels where you or I couldn't even afford an ounce. Then they can pull the plug and we have a good 'l Serfdom of America.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well like I posted on another thread the "American stimulus funds" has been used to make this big flashy and expensive sign in my neck of the woods telling us that a portion of the road was fixed (paved) with the stimulus money. To tell you truth the signs look more expensive that any work the did on the roads.

On top of that the city politicians has been found many of them on all kind of corruptions charges and fraud by the citizens for the protection of tax payer money.

I tell you here in my neck of the woods things are really getting ugly.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I am sorry but the first stimulus package did not go where it was supposed to.

Well, only about 17-18% of it has been paid out but we're still paying the interest on the other 600+ billion. Not to mention that the estimated total cost to pay it all back with interest and the states required input will exceed 20 trillion.

But hey, they've created almost 40,000 jobs. That's just an outlay of 500 billion in printed money and interest per job when it's all said and done.

With math like that, who needs a failing economy, a corrupt political system, a robber baron financial world, a world backed agenda to destroy the dollar, a president and administration that want to subjugate the citizens to the UN, an overblown multitrillion dollar military that protects everyone but the US citizens, a congress and senate that are planning to double the cost of healthcare in the name of making it cheaper and a media that despises the average American citizen and works in concert with the administration to keep them distracted and ignorant of the facts?

It's like a bad movie. You couldn't make this stuff up and have people believe it.

new topics

top topics

join