It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

www.foxnews.com

Like any Fortune 500 company, the Taliban are building a financial colossus by raking in revenue from a host of different sources and ventures -- causing problems for U.S. and NATO forces trying to disrupt their bloody campaign in Afghanistan.

Official assessments, analysts' estimates and published reports show that the Taliban, which with Al Qaeda are the top targets for allied forces in the region, are generating up to a half billion dollars or more in annual revenue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.watch.org
www.cfr.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Marines Engage Al-Qaeda & Taliban Militants
Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...
US Govt. Paying Taliban **Enemy Combatants** Monthly; Upwards of 20% of Budget
Why do the Taliban never run out of ammo?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The irony is thick in the air for me because I was just discussing this topic last night in the Blackwater thread supplied below how if the mercenaries are sent over to Iraq, Afghanistan, and wherever else, why are we not trying to go after the Asian Golden Triangle, or the Middle Eastern Golden Crescent, and the drug smuggling, and as well the human trafficking because these are the sources for a lot of dirty money being made.

Like my friend, TheMythLives has been trying to make ATS aware of the problem of missing children and missing adults here at Missing Persons- Help Find Us, this is one mission ATS'ers should care very dearly about, if any real conspiracy were to be solved by us conspiracy theorists, it should be this one.

Shouldn't it?

These are the most important of conspiracies because people actually go missing, drugs are linked to it, and there is no one fighting this fight for those adults and children.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The problem is that this is not a new issue and neither is it a hard issue to see, the links are quite obvious, people and children go missing, drugs are smuggled, and money is made.

Eye To Eye With Katie Couric: Human Trafficking (CBS News)

The Afghanistan War, the Mujahideen and the Golden Crescent

Lord of the Golden Triangle Part 1

Lord of the Golden Triangle Part 2

Taliban Insurgency in Pakistan - 1

Taliban Insurgency in Pakistan - 2

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And this is why our armed forces won't be leaving Afghanistan any time soon.

These guys aren't just insurgents, they're a well financed military machine.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

My question is if this is going on why is it not being stopped?

Modern Slave Trade. Worse Than Ever.

If we went over to Iraq and Afghanistan it should not have been for the oil.

It should have been to stop this because it is a bigger issue than oil and greed.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Hey this the new brave world, why fight the economic powers of nations when you can build your investment on them to come around a use those investments to fight them back.

Our enemies or so call enemies are becoming very savvy and resourceful.

With the economic meltdown any investor money out there is welcome including terrorist.

I bet a lot of that money is coming from Dubai and their many investments programs that are backed by the US and the UK after all US needs that money to keep the debt going.

Remember many has ignore that when China started getting antsy about America economic decline the US started to turn their eyes to the rich oil countries, including giving seminars for Sharia law in finances and getting banks in the US to accommodate for our friendly middle east investors

Connect the dots people connect the dots.

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Or, maybe they are just covering up the trail of the suppliers?

Nothing like killing off the people who did your dirty work for you, huh?

I don't know about this because of the lack of effort to get these bastards in the first place sure makes it difficult to see which side has the most to lose, or profit from it.

What is funny to me is that most people have never connected the War on Drugs to essentially being Prohibition : Part Deux, not that I am supporting drugs, nor would I have supported the alcohol during the Roaring 20's, but the similarities are overwhelmingly simple to anyone with a brain.

That's why this particular issue is such a hot topic to me, because if you wanted to stop the drug smuggling, the human trafficking, and whatever else is linked into it you would go after the source and end the damn war.

The Golden Triangle, Golden Crescent, and Columbia are where the drugs are grown, people and children go missing, which is alluded to being a part of the funding towards this then you go after the bastards, plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It has not been stopped yet because the world is run by greedy globalist psychos.

Once they are removed from their positions, then we shall enter the Golden Age.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
It has not been stopped yet because the world is run by greedy globalist psychos.

Once they are removed from their positions, then we shall enter the Golden Age.

What Golden Age?

Who are the greedy globalists?

Are you speaking of the Bilderberg Group, the banking elite, or Washington D.C.?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

We have been grown to believe that life is sweet clean and occur with downfalls and up days.

But our world have an ugly secret that has been around for centuries, the trafficking of human life is not new is ancient and now is more profitable than ever.

But in our society that relies on human nature and think that everybody has a good side deep inside this type of things are unconceivable, and limited to only those countries out there that are not like America the free, the land of opportunity and good will.

When I was growing up in my Island of PR, no everything including news were limited and controlled by the US, we used to get news papers from Latino America where the news were not sugar coated and pretty, where the pictures were not fixed for the sensitive eyes of the American people, the news were rough and nasty the pictures were explicit and it showed the side of humanity that in our nation here in the US the government and the media try to hide so well.

Yes life is not what many think here in the US is a lot harder for those that ugly things happens to touch them.

Human trafficking is dirty ugly and deathly.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

We have been grown to believe that life is sweet clean and occur with downfalls and up days.

But our world have an ugly secret that has been around for centuries, the trafficking of human life is not new is ancient and now is more profitable than ever.

But in our society that relies on human nature and think that everybody has a good side deep inside this type of things are unconceivable, and limited to only those countries out there that are not like America the free, the land of opportunity and good will.

When I was growing up in my Island of PR, no everything including news were limited and controlled by the US, we used to get news papers from Latino America where the news were not sugar coated and pretty, where the pictures were not fixed for the sensitive eyes of the American people, the news were rough and nasty the pictures were explicit and it showed the side of humanity that in our nation here in the US the government and the media try to hide so well.

Yes life is not what many think here in the US is a lot harder for those that ugly things happens to touch them.

Human trafficking is dirty ugly and deathly.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by marg6043]

Well, there is the difference between most American's and myself, I have never seen the world through the hazy eyes of fleece being pulled over my eyes that the world was all full of cotton candy, gumdrops, and rainbows, but in the harsh reality that if I do not protect myself than no one else will, not even Law Enforcement.

I know the other countries of the world do not pull any punches when it comes to news, I have more respect for those news sources, they do not lie to the people and enshroud them in lies, cover-ups, or false realities, at least not the way our media does it's dirty job.

Yes, human trafficking is a dirty business, but apparently, business is good.

It should no longer shock anyone that this happens just as much as the drugs smuggled into America, but then against I believe the citizens of this country have just been desensitized to it altogether because it is so inundated into our every day lives and the thought rarely gets to their heads that the money behind it all must be large, so that the money to fight it must be just as big, and that money is being made all the way around, like a slithering and winding snake, an Ouroboros, if you will, an unending means to keep fighting.

Quote from Wikipedia : Ouroboros : Alchemy

The alchemists, who in their own way knew more about the nature of the individuation process than we moderns do, expressed this paradox through the symbol of the Ouroboros, the snake that eats its own tail.

The Ouroboros has been said to have a meaning of infinity or wholeness. In the age-old image of the Ouroboros lies the thought of devouring oneself and turning oneself into a circulatory process, for it was clear to the more astute alchemists that the prima materia of the art was man himself.

The Ouroboros is a dramatic symbol for the integration and assimilation of the opposite, i.e. of the shadow.

This 'feed-back' process is at the same time a symbol of immortality, since it is said of the Ouroboros that he slays himself and brings himself to life, fertilizes himself and gives birth to himself.

He symbolizes the One, who proceeds from the clash of opposites, and he therefore constitutes the secret of the prima materia which [...] unquestionably stems from man's unconscious.

Alchemist's fought for centuries to find the way to turn lead into gold, through magic, but they did not succeed until the war machine figured out lead of bullets would reap gold bullion and fill their coffers to overflowing.

Exclusive: U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm That Monitors Blogs, Tweets

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes those people, including but not limited to Rockefeller family, Rothschild family, CFR, Trilateral Commission, and specifically the Committee Of 300.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

hey...the taliban ARE THE NATIVES to that country...and they did not attack us on 9/11, only when we went into THEIR country.

they have the americans who are an invading force in their own country attacking them...hello, hello...what the hell do you expect them to do?

what if 80 thousand taliban landed in this country, would you attack them??
hell yes you would
you can't be INSURGENTS IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm

Yes those people, including but not limited to Rockefeller family, Rothschild family, CFR, Trilateral Commission, and specifically the Committee Of 300.

Can you supply some website links directing towards that?

Or possibly explain a bit more in depth than just stating it like that?

Just asking for clarification of your thoughts on the matter.

I can link them all back to the bio-chip, Verichip, Digital Angel, and any other, and using this all as a scare tactic towards making everyone fear for the safety of their children through the use of the media.

Bilderberger : The Global Agenda, Eugenics, Global Warming, And Biochiping Sheeple

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

hey...the taliban ARE THE NATIVES to that country...and they did not attack us on 9/11, only when we went into THEIR country.

they have the americans who are an invading force in their own country attacking them...hello, hello...what the hell do you expect them to do?

what if 80 thousand taliban landed in this country, would you attack them??
hell yes you would
you can't be INSURGENTS IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!

That is just it though the war machine wants to make its money and does not care about the current tenant, there's a new landlord in town, and they want the old tenant out.

It is all about the money not about the people who get in the way of them making it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Very interesting thread Spartan, and the drug trafficking in Central Asia and Southeast Asia has always been a concern of mine. However, I am having a hard time making the link you have mentioned about the disappearances of young adults and adults, male/female, in a the United States? Perhaps, some of the female victims have been abducted and moved into the international slave trade by organize crime in this country, but I don't see how it ties in with the Taliban and their revenue generation?

Now, we are all aware that the drug trade and foreign wars make strange bedfellows. For example for a long time their have allegations of the Central Intelligence Agency using revenue from coc aine to fund black ops in central America during the Iran/Contra fiasco from the mid-eighties and many unanswered questions. The jury is out on that one.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA is gaining revenue from the heroin trade coming out of Afghanistan. I am not seeing any attempt by the our forces in region to completely eradicate the poppy. Of course, there has been reports of SF troops and and DEA doing raids, but to me, it is just to show the international community that the US is attempting to stem illegal narcotics. It's theater by the PTB. It's an easy revenue stream for the Spooks, so they don't have to go before Congress for funding for something they may deem controversial. This money is going into their side projects while moonlighting.

There is a sea of dirty money going in and out of Afghanistan, just like, Iraq. The legal establishment won't follow the money trail, because there is no telling whose doorstep they may end up on. Lets look at the start of the war in Afghanistan, the biggest conspiracy is why the Bush Administration sat back and watched the heroin trade gather steam in that part of the world when the Taliban virtually eradicated that illegal enterprise when they were in power. Why was there not any initiatives developed to teach farming techniques to grow legal agriculture, like corn or wheat? Perhaps to much money was to be made? Now that is a conspiracy isn't it? However, that is for another thread and another time.

A disappearance can be a result of many things. However, the human trafficking and modern slavery is a problem that should be taken seriously by the Justice Department and the State Department, because it is a crisis. However, a serious response by the Federal Government is in order, and why nothing of any significance has happened is a conspiracy as well.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't know if it distracts from what is seen as the main task of shutting down al-Qaeda and Taliban miltants. There's a basic question of why these groups have come to the conclusion that a war of chance murder and harassment is somehow going to lead to the achieving of a world caliphate.

It's an unbelievably childish understanding of the world.

Maybe all their marrying of cousins is having a genetic effect on their intelligence.

They are a slave/intimidation-based society, where the strong man is given respect over the wise man.

Drugs are sold into Iran and Pakistan, which are both huge users. Wherever they have contact with the West or S.E. Asia or most recently in South America, there's human and drug trafficking.

They're donation-based, so who has the most to gain? In the short-term, drugs and people traffickers. In the long term, the religious elites of the Muslim world, who are also the social elites and the financial/oil elites, and the three worlds intersect.

Why do these - largely Western-educated - groups fund a return to medievalism?

The answer must be not because they believe so much that a world caliphate is possible - it would be like, electing the mafia as the government - but because they have something to gain, or, rather, something to preserve by promoting this wrestling smackdown level calling for killing westerners, which appeals to the largely uneducated, resentful, poverty-stricken underclass that makes up the vast majority of the populations of Egypt and most Arab and North African countries, a class which they're frightened of, actually, and which they have power over by virtue of being descendants of the family of Mohummad.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The afghan issue will blow over extremely fast, methods which are being used are so black ops that the color black seems white.

Every human needs food and water, guess which one is being traced and imaged from global hawks mapping to and from locations.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Way I see they make their money...

The drug, that we protect of course...
Pakistan... that we basically run.
Infrastructure building in Afghanistan THAT WE PAY FOR and the money is just disappearing in corruption... let's say we give 1 million to build X... at least 50% of it will end up in Taliban's hands.

What a joke... for us. But for the military-industrial complex, it's so much fun.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Jake51, the entire industry of human trafficking is linked.

Youtube Video : Human Trafficking in Colorado

Quote from Human Trafficking : United States *See More Information Here* Human Trafficking in the United States

Main article: Human trafficking in the United States

According to the National Human Rights Center in Berkeley, California, there are currently about 10,000 forced laborers in the U.S., around one-third of whom are domestic servants and some portion of whom are children.

The Associated Press reports, based on interviews in California and in Egypt, that trafficking of children for domestic labor in the U.S. is an extension of an illegal but common practice in Africa.

Child Trafficking : Part 1

Child Trafficking : Part 2

Child Trafficking : Part 3

Child Trafficking : Part 4

Child Trafficking : Part 5

From America to Afghanistan to Iraq, and it all goes towards either the Golden Triangle or the the Golden Crescent.

Take a look at the Department of State's report from 2005.

Quote from Human Trafficking : Asia

Golden Triangle areas : Added by SKL

In Asia, Japan is the major destination country for trafficked women, especially from the Philippines and Thailand.

The US State Department has rated Japan as either a ‘Tier 2’ or a ‘Tier 2 Watchlist’ country every year since 2001 in its annual Trafficking in Persons reports.

Both these ratings implied that Japan was (to a greater or lesser extent) not fully compliant with minimum standards for the elimination of human trafficking trade.

There are currently an estimated 300,000 women and children involved in the sex trade throughout Southeast Asia.

It is common that Thai women are lured to Japan and sold to Yakuza-controlled brothels where they are forced to work off their price.

By the late 1990s, UNICEF estimated that there are 60,000 child prostitutes in the Philippines, describing Angeles City brothels as "notorious" for offering sex with children.

UNICEF estimates many of the 200 brothels in the notorious Angeles City offer children for sex.

Many of the Iraqi women fleeing the Iraq War are turning to prostitution, while others are trafficked abroad, to countries like Syria, Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Turkey.

In Syria alone an estimated 50,000 Iraqi refugee girls and women, many of them widows, had been forced into prostitution as of 2007.

Cheap Iraqi prostitutes have helped to make Syria a popular destination for sex tourists.

The clients come from wealthier countries in the Middle East.

High prices are offered for virgins.

As many as 200,000 Nepali girls, many under 14, have been sold into the sex slavery in India.

Nepalese women and girls, especially virgins, are favored in India because of their light skin.

The very lack of an effort by our own Government to up the ante against these heinous crimes is bewildering in that not enough effort is done to stop this because the demand is so high and as well so lucrative. This is where our money have been directed instead of a war for oil and land in the Middle East.

Quote from Wikipedia : Causes of Trafficking

Trafficking in people has been facilitated by porous borders and advanced communication technologies, it has become increasingly transnational in scope and highly lucrative.

Unlike drugs or arms, people can be "sold" many times.

The opening up of Asian markets, porous borders, the end of the Soviet Union and the collapse of the former Yugoslavia have contributed to this globalization.

Some causes and facilitators of trafficking include:

*Lack of employment opportunities

*Organized crime

*Regional imbalances

*Economic disparities

*Social discrimination

*Corruption in government

*Political instability

*Armed conflict

*Mass resettlement for large projects without proper Resettlement and

*Rehabilitation packages.

*Profitability

*Insufficient penalties against traffickers

*Minimal law enforcement on global sex tourism industry

*Legal processes that prosecute victims instead of the traffickers

*Poor international border defence

All of the reasons behind the causation and facilitation of it are side-effects of war as well.

In essence, Jake51, what I am stating here is that the entire thing links back to smoke and mirrors, and that in order to fight something a causation needs to happen to loosen the moneybelt of Congress, to fund these wars.

In other words, let it happen, or give support to it to happen, thereby creating the problem, and then have the excuse, resources, and plan to stop it with only the funding lacking.

Youtube Video : Taken

Taken was one of my favorite movies as I would to the same extent if someone kidnapped by daughter or son, there would be no going to the U.S. Government because in my opinion they would just screw it up and get my child killed.

Youtube Video : Man on Fire

Man on Fire was yet another one of my favorite movies about this disturbing trend of human trafficking.

There is a network to this entire process, a pattern if you will, which I can see and it is a disturbing picture when all of the pieces begin falling into place when you look at each piece individually and then place them side by side and look at the bigger picture, the large picture, overall, is disturbing because it is supposed to be a masterpiece by those creating it but instead it is a dark nightmare for anyone caught in the midst of this terrible web of lies.

It was suggested by a friend of mine that I respect very highly that I go into work looking for lost people and children and my reply was to the effect that I would be damn good at it, because I know things, but I would not want to be murdered by the very people who are play-acting towards stopping it when I uncover the truth of the matter that Governments on all sides of the playing fields are inter-linker and interconnected and when all of the names began coming to a concise mapping of who's who in what area, I would be a dead man.

My friend, who I have known for fourteen years, used to assist Law Enforcement.

Her answer to my answer was to the affirmative, that they would simply make me disappear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join