It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

39 Year Old Man Joins Army for Health Care..Wife Has Cancer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

If he had a long standing job, or any idea of responsability, he would have had insurance from the git-go...

Unbelievable. First you blame the husband for not being responsible enough to hold down a job and maintain insurance coverage.

When that tactic was proven false, you then moved on to this wonderful little nugget of wisdom:

Yes there is minimal coverage, he only needs to keep the coverage that would include her!
Not his childeren"unless they also have pre-existing conditions"

So, by your logic he should only carry the bare minimum of coverage necessary to care for his wife, at the expense of excluding his children. That certainly sounds like the responsible thing to do. Nice try at your attempt to save face.

Its just to keep ppl from raping private small bussiness owners such as myself.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. It seems your beef is with the issue of health care reform. Because as a small business owner, you're being "raped." (Nice move playing the victim card in the most visually and metaphorically reprehensible way.)

For some odd reason, I'm feeling zero sympathy for your plight.

On the other hand, this man has a gravely ill wife, and a child for which to provide. He's been laid off from his job and is being forced to take a route to provide health coverage for his family by joining the military.

Despite you're original assessment that this man has been less than responsible in meeting the needs of his family, he has proven himself to be nothing short of selfless, noble and honorable.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan
WAIT. I thought you couldn't enlist after turning 33? only up to the age of 32.

Anybody else know?

The maximum age to enlist is 42 yrs old now as long as they're healthy and physically fit enough.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
reply to post by Doc Holiday

If he had a long standing job, or any idea of responsability, he would have had insurance from the git-go...

In March, he was laid off from his job as a raw materials coordinator for a plastics company called PolyOne, where he'd worked for 20 years.

He had twenty years in one job and he didn't leave it, he was laid off. And he had health insurance, btw.

I'll never understand this attitude of defending a broken system and blaming the ones that are screwed over by it.

But don't worry. I'm sure that nothing will ever happen to YOUR job/business/family/health.

Cause they are lazy so I have heard, damn the ship anoint the pirates!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The neo-cons see killing foreigners as saving americans.

Seriously. I want healthcare reform.. but it should be debated for a minimum of two years, due to the drastic changes it will bring.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

It's a pretty good move on his part, considering the situation they're in. If he goes with TRICARE PRIME coverage, it's only $38 a month for the family coverage.

If he should happen to die in combat, god forbid, i think the pay out now is $500k. And he also went for a good Comms MOS, so he has that in his favor too.

I just hope it works out for him and his family. It's an unfortunate sign of the times.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wait I know the way this works-

If she really needed healthcare she should get arrested...

"Yer gonna punish people fer being successful!"

"Ya, and you're gonna punish people who do not get incarcerated!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join