It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Slams Obama Encouraging Volunteerism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Last night during House there was some quick advert for some "volunteering" website.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Good angle. I hadn't thought of the legality of this issue. I was just focused on the morality of it.

It's a similar argument with the global warming crowd.

If you think it is bunk, you hate polar bears and the environment.

Here it's just that if you criticize, you hate volunteering and hate helping people.

It's manipulation. Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

If he thinks encouraging volunteerism makes us anything like Mao's China he has idea what he is talking about.

I believe someone in Obama's cabinet has said something about Mao. What was it again hmmmm.... oh yeah, Mao was one of the lizard ladies heroes, that's right.

What was Mao known for again, oh being a Communist and a mass murderer of 70 million people.

Hell, I think having a hero like Stalin or Hitler has gotten a little brighter.

edit for a gramma error

[edit on 10/20/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Here's a thought.

Does the White House think we're so stupid that we need to be reminded to volunteer?

I watched House last night but missed the commercial. My six year old wanted to read so, priorities. . . . .

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Dammit mike, I R want to be an american too!!

whatever happened to rugged individualism?

btw, if everyone volunteers, who exactly are we helping?

I think a lot of this is just political/social/governmental masturbation

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Watching Heroes the other night I caught the girl ask her unemployed father something to the effect of, "Dont be mad at me for bringing it up but...have you thought of volunteering?"

It was after he told her the job hunt wasnt going well. I thought to myself, "Self, I wonder if she was talking to me or him?"

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Priorities, priorities,..

I wanted to watch House last night but I had a Choral Concert to manage, damn boychoir gets me every time.

Is it volunteering if its for a private all boy choir? Or are we sexist for not letting girls into the Boychoir?
Lovely...ache now.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

Rugged Individualism went away a long time ago. Sadly, when the government started stepping in, things went downhill.

It's like the pancreas. An organ that produces insulin for the body.

If you start dumping insulin into your system, the pancreas will not see the need for it to make any. Thus developing a life-long dependence on an artificial need.

Our society has become the pancreas.

And do you know what part of the body that means D.C. is?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So true, I volunteer where and when I want to, Normally its giving blood or doing things for my kids school, food drives stuff like that, I will choose how and when I donate my time on dont need the Hollywood or The White House to tell my that.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by willow1d

Damn you know what, I have seen that type of crap in other shows as well, I saw that and looked at my wife and said see this is why you cant watch TV. Here read Glenn Becks no book arguing with Idiots, followed by Common Sense.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

yes, I know what part of the body DC is. And its time for a High-Colonic.

edit sp

[edit on 10/20/2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Thank you, Mike, for saying what I wanted to say but I got a bit titched about it lol.

This isn't about volunteerism, it is about Media saturation from Obama's team, and some people are veidently buying right into it.

Volunteerism is free work, so why are we paying "volunteers" with free trips to Disney? Who has tha cajones to follow up on this story and find out just exactly WHO gets these free trips and how they fit into Obama Land and what they did, or paid, or represented.

Please people, you get so caught up in the whole hate Glenn Beck thing you miss the point.

If you want to volunteer FINE, but this should not be a government run work for free program. This is media overtake, they already have several news channels, they are going to "consider" bailing out newspapers, get away from the Government run media for cripes sake!

And dang, quit shooting the messenger.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

'Welcome. Didn't mean to hijack grover's thread, but this stuff is important. If we ignored the likes of Beck and just listened to MSNBC, then we'd have no clue.

It's the same reason I troll Daily Ko's and Huffington Post. If I don't hear ALL sides, then I'm only getting half the picture.

As for Disney, any ATS members out near Aneheim? Maybe we could do what the media fails to do and investigate a story!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So I guess most people missed the story where 60 televison orgaizations have agreed to do a weeks worth of programming this week for the President, through this foundation? Kind of like the National Endowment for the Arts?

There is NO place Obama doesn't have his fingers, and Beck is the only one calling him out on it. People are now being manipulated by the boob tube even more than ever.
minnesotansforglobalwarming.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thats because HuffPo is drowning... droooowniiiing!

These are last gasps of air for a dying fish.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I just wrote Disney corp. Asked about the "free days" for volunteering.

Hope to hear back soon.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Aw Grover I had such hopes for you! You asked for proof and got it, and now all you can do is cast aspersions and laugh? I am saddened, really.

You could just admit you got a bit blindsided by this and didn't know the details and bought into the hype. I could respect that, even if you declared you still hate Beck. But come on..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

There is this whole "give back to the community" thing.

I have never taken from "the community". I have called 911, but I pay taxes, they get paid by me. I have taken an ambulance, I paid that bill too, no insurance. I pay school taxes, but I homeschooled and my kids are grown now.

Just what has the "community" done for me that I should feel I "have to pay back"?

I give when I want, to whom I choose, for my own reasons. I don't need or wish to be guilted into it, or made to feel i will be cool and fashionable if I do.

Granted, this is how some people work, fads and all, but the rest of us see right through it.

More media manipulation and like it or not Fox News is the only one not in the tank for Obama's World.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I hope you get a response, Mike. I am anxiously awaiting that one!

I imagine it will be cleansed for public consumption, but we shall see.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Not even a valid argument many presidents have urged us to volunteer...remember Bush seniors thousand points of light to name one from a Republican.

My you guys are a paranoid bunch...you really should increase your meds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join