It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's Face Spotted in Ikea, Glasgow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

'Jesus's face' spotted on the toilet door in Ikea Glasgow

A bearded face, with long flowing hair, is plainly visible on the wooden door of the men’s toilet in the Braehead outlet of the Swedish furniture and meatballs giant.

Some debate over whether the face truly represents the Son of Man, or whether it is in fact Gandalf out of the Lord of the Rings, or even a member of ABBA.

Source: Telegraph UK

Click the link to see the photo!

(edited for formatting)

[edit on 20-10-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It does bare a striking resemblance to Jesus, or possibly Gandalf, or at a stretch Osama Bin Laden.

I would have thought God could find more glamorous places to put images of Christ than a toilet door in Glasgow, but what do I know?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
its like the hoaxed rug or whatever u call it.

except this one is natural

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Maybe not jesus, but more or less that white bearded dude from Lord of the Rings.

Definitely him.

Now maybe if we pull back the wood... we'll find the ring....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I think it looks like George Harrison in the Beatle's Yellow Submarine!

Oh how we love to find faces of our heroes in anything! Sandwiches, potato chips, etc.

It's an innate human skill to find faces in things....maybe it's the Virgin Mary in drag!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My money is on one of the Beegee's.

That is all.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
How funny!

You can't mistake it is the men's room by the face on the door!

Jesus? I don't know about that. Since I wasn't around thousands of years ago, I have no idea what he looked like!

I wonder how much money that door would fetch on e-bay?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, "Half face" would be a more accurate description.
What's more impressive in the picture is its simmetry: but actually, it looks to be the result of cutting two slices of wood, then stiching them up in some mirrored/symmetric way (see illustration below).

Basically, i think that someone did cut a free trunk into two sides (A & B), then got two surfacial slices (brlue & green), then stitched them, obtaining in this way this interesting result. Evrything symmetric can be obtained in this way.
P.S. # 1: I wonder with which actual image of Jesus it has been compared
P.S. # 2: I wonder what could be the possible symbolic meaning of appearing in some toilet

Nice find, thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnieNakki

Now what would a jew from 1st century CE Palestine look like? The bible says little about it, except "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.”

So we can assume he looked like a typical peasant with dark olive skin, short curly hair and a prominent nose.

The result is most likely something like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a26373ad4344.jpg[/atsimg]
Using archaeological and anatomical science rather than artistic interpretation makes this the most accurate likeness ever created.

They guessed at the length of Jesus' hair on the basis of the reference by Paul that "If a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him."

Thats the realistic approach.. but people dont like ordinary, so in most places, artists make jesus to look more "super".. like in usa:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2eb625d0a5a1.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats the way when you make stuff up, play with fairy-tales instead of facts... NOONE agrees on anything (especially if its looked at logicaly, rationaly it seems)

So most of the images we have of Jesus today are probably not accurate, but then again there probably wasnt any jesus in the first place, concidering the lack of writings about him from that time.

[edit on 20/10/2009 by Daniem]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Looks like a bearded tooth (complete with root) to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Has anyone checked out the womens toilets for an image of the Virgin Mary, or a female member of ABBA??

Highly imaginative. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the ET type face directly underneath the "Jesus" image.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
IKEA?

I see a sad and troubled blind man with long flowing hair and a beard. To me, this represents 'Höðr' the blind God tricked by Loki into killing Baldr the shining.

I'm taking this omen to mean that a competent but 'second tier' or less well known agent or body or country will be tricked and used as a 'blind tool' to take out an agent or figure or body or country more central to the world stage by a duplicitous third party. This more central agent or body or country will be thought as being relatively 'untouchable' defence-wise but will brought down by a something that is generally thought of as being innocuous or perhaps not usually thought of as a weapon in general terms.

[/völva]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Looks more like a cows rear end if you ask me

I cant believe people would call this the face of Jesus.

Pfft.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What do you expect it comes from Glasgow, no offence to any glaswegians on ATS, are you sure whom ever took the photograph, was not drunk or stoned out of thier face?

Aye can see it noo, the son of man blessed the bog!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
What do you expect it comes from Glasgow, no offence to any glaswegians on ATS, are you sure whom ever took the photograph, was not drunk or stoned out of thier face?

Was probably some pal of this man...

I still really do not understand the need for someone to see anything in inanimate objects, it confuses me to say the least.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

link   
Jesus doesn't want The Vaselines for an Oakbeam.

"ROFL!"

link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
My money is on one of the Beegee's.

That is all.
Naah, it's Dusty Hill from ZZ Top.

Other than that, it's just a pattern in some wood

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

You know I recently read in a "odd news spot" of something similar, only it was on a women's toilet lid! Things are getting mighty strange Indeed! -Perhaps eithen "Stinky too!!!"

edit to add; Hey! I starred ya! & flagged ya! -why not!

...On this note; I hope god does not watch me while I go to the toilet, yo!

[edit on 20-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Have you ever been to Ikea? Once you're in, you've got at least a 3-mile walk ahead of you even if you just need a bathmat.

It's no accident that Jesus appears on Ikea's toilet door - that's where most people go to pray for god to show them a quick way out of the store.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Hey ya cheeky
, the person that took the picture had obviously just purchased some Pear Cider from the wee market bit next to the toilets

PS: What's wrong with being drunk and stoned out your face

<<   2  3 >>

join