It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can i VISUALIZE Chakras?? I am unable to "see" chakras...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
reply to post by kaskade

i think shankrock answered it.

actually he didnt answer the question at all. Obviously you stating "you dont know what chakras are" makes all your replies, and the future ones irrelevant.
i asked how to VISUALIZE them, now how to google, a definition.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
You don't see them just like how in a dream you are not really seeing the dream; you are imagining it, and the same applies to chakras.

It's all about focus and concentration.

Actually, the cortex that processes the electrical signals sent from your eyes is responsible for what you see when you dream as well. You see with your brain. Your eyes are just an input device. Pet peeve (along with the myths that we only use a small percentage of our brains and that we only use one hemisphere at a time, both I've seen elsewhere on ats).

About visualizing chakras, it's a tool to help you learn their locations, functions and order. The use of rainbow colors is a relatively new addition by western practioners. You may have seen charts of the human circulatory system with arteries in red and veins in blue. It doesn't mean the blood in your veins is truly blue (less bright than arterial blood yeah but it's still red).

If you find aural memory cues easier than visual ones, assigning each chakra a note of the c major scale is another way to do it (from c to b). If you use chakra beside the traditional 7, then use a lower or higher octave of c for those outside the body and for the minors, use the half tone if the two major either side of it are a whole tone away (such as f sharp for the thymus chakra).

Combining both methods, along with regular practice, will bring the best results as you involve more neurons in different parts of the brain and repetition will strengthen the neural network of the memory.

I think the main thing is to be aware of the location and sensation of them. Use of memory triggers will help you discover the correct locations easier to begin with and relocate them faster, for the same reasons as combining sight and sound.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thank you all for your inputs, i really do appreciate it.
I haven't really been on ATS for a while, so sorry it took so long.

Yea i think i am focusing on TOO MUCH of the "details" rather than what meditation itself is. The reason why i got into "chakra's" was i was trying to OBE, someone on here said to work on energy work and do CHAKRA meditation from now on. Since then i have "been trying"

its weird because i could FEEL my chakra's BEFORE i knew what they were, and i seemed in a higher state of bliss before i actually TRIED to do stuff with my chakras. I think i just need to back it up, and go back to how i was doing it. I seemed like i was doing just fine lol

<< 1   >>

join