It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U Alert Not Turning Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It looks like the U2U alert is not turning off even after the latest message has already been read.
The last U2U message I received was 2 days ago and my U2U alert is still ON.
It's as if the flag is not being reset after the message has been read.

Did something break in the code or is this an isolated incident?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I noticed that too so I screamed at my cat to stop it and he looked at me like "what am I going to do about it?" so I told him to not be insolent and he continued to stare at me so I attacked him and he bit me and I threw him on the sofa and he ran and hid and while I was looking for him he came out and stealth-attacked my leg, which brought me to the floor and I had to fight back and then I ran and hid in my room and then gave him more cat-nip once everything settled...and, still, the U2U is not fixed.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I have to say WOW, did you hit the catnip also?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It means you have a message that is showing up as opened but its not on the server end. Its the most common problem on ATS. Rather then blaming your cat, just go through and re-open all your mail, and it should go away.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I don't know. All I know is if my U2U is on, then that has always meant either,
1. Somebody liked or didn't like what I say.
or
2. I just lost another 500 or 1000 points.

I have never figured out how to gain points, but I am learning to recognize when I might lose points.

Sometimes I just don't check it, but later find out I should have checked it, even while I was sleeping, because I lost points, whatever that means.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Delete some of the last U2U's that you have received, or clear your U2U inbox completely. That should do the trick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
It means you have a message that is showing up as opened but its not on the server end. Its the most common problem on ATS. Rather then blaming your cat, just go through and re-open all your mail, and it should go away.

You think it is that simple, smarty-smarterton? Do not draw the ire of plucky, I will throw my cat at you....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Dont worry about the cat defcon5 , I have a degree in pussy catching!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The most likely culprit to this is someone misscapitalized your screenname when sending you an U2U as said earlier delete the U2Us or save them. That should turn the the alert off.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Go get a large rock

SMASH COMPUTER! SMASH IT GOOD!

Fixes that U2U light every time.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
DO NOT!! take pluckys cat lightly, it is not of this world and is being considered for deployment to numerous "hot zones" the world over, by the DoD.

top topics

join