It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm That Monitors Blogs, Tweets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pauldamo

The only thing they will learn by watching mine is that I'm watching them.

I have been studying them and learning from them my entire life.

It just creates a feedback loop like an Ouroboros and confuses the Hell out of them.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

[edit on 20-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have always found it fascinating that people freely post on myspace, facebook, twitter, etc. Big brother doesn't even have to put up cameras and listening devices because so many willingly post all of their information up to the minute. Big brother gets all in intel he needs on these sites. All big bro has to do is get an account from said sites. Insane crazy!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherSon

Well... what about the passworded stuff?

No prob. Some (if not the) most formidable cryptographic technology exists with the NSA.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Not surprised by this at all.

In fact I would expect it.

They have been doing the exact same thing with phones for decades the internet is just another style of phone only difference is we may or may not want to be talking to or hearing from someone and can't just hang up on them.

I mean heck who in their right mind would spell out what they were planning on doing concerning terror attacks or something like that on the internet. If anything it would be sent to multiple email addresses a fragmented message only to be piece together and decrypted by the end user.

Easiest way would be embedding it in multiple movies/video files say America's Funniest Home Video's video clips and sending them to friends whom extract the info from the video and then meet up at a bar with everyone put the info together then decrypt it on a computer that has never had nor will have any type of internet access. Using a cheap piece of junk that can be trashed after the decryption takes place.

In the end this will just be money wasted with only results being lone terrorists whom are stupid and unorganized anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Dear 2, 3 and 4 letter Alphabet Soup Agencies, I will be homeless on 01 NOV 2009. Hire me with a good paying job and a pre-signing bonus. I want to be just like you, one of Satan's Minions. I want to wear a cheap suit and dark glasses. I want to talk into my elbow. I want to cruise around in an SUV with tinted windows and an antenna farm on the roof. I want my piece of the "Anti-Christ's" "Hope and Change". This is my final offer !!!

sign me,
"LoneWolf"

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Do you people really know what the CIA is into? Do you? If not you might want to, umm, research.

This should not be a shock at all my friends, and foes.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
I have always found it fascinating that people freely post on myspace, facebook, twitter, etc. Big brother doesn't even have to put up cameras and listening devices because so many willingly post all of their information up to the minute. Big brother gets all in intel he needs on these sites. All big bro has to do is get an account from said sites. Insane crazy!

The SS and KGB wish they had it so easy 'back in the day.'

Who needs armbands when you have iPhones!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, time to start deleting stuff. I wonder though, how do you delete old threads?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And this is surprising how?

lol

don't use these self aggrandizing ego junky services and you don't have to worry about it.

Good spys don't use the grid anyway. so they catch a couple of bigmouth idiots blabbing away to seem tough.

so what.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
wait, hold on a minute...

Your saying that someone somewhere believed what they typed on a online forum open to the public somehow thought that was private?

sorry, I fail to see the story here. Simply put, if someone is putting together their plans to commit crimes online on their blogs...they should recieve their punishment, and a darwin award.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Certainly no surprise here after all, nothing you post in public should be expected to be private. There's really nothing from preventing private companies or criminal organizations from doing the same. Someone looking to create a hit-man or even a mad-bomber could perhaps look for a certain psychological profile that meets the criteria and then proceed by recruiting the target.

Knowing what everyone else knows has always been the aim of any good government or megalomaniacs plan to remain in power.

Now that you all know that they are watching and listening it's your job to post dis-information in order to subvert their evil plot.

The truth is, "Osama bin Laden" is a hero to his followers, but we are too ignorant to care why.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It's as simple as a nursery rhyme... "Once you collectively know how people think... you know collectively how to control them."

We are their oracles... they feed off our exsistence.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
If agencies are telling you now that they are buying a stake in a firm that
monitors blogs it means they have been doing it for a long time do not kid
yourself.

These agencies are years ahead of the private sector and your phone calls
can be monitored anytime anywhere by the military as well as spies being
contracted out by your government, specific government agencies and
private eye agencies.

You say they are not playing by the rules let me let you in on a little secret there are no rules when it comes to spying even though you are lead to believe differently. ^Y^

[edit on 19-10-2009 by amari]

Amari,

Despite what you are lead to believe by the TV, Movies, and the MSM. There are rules that the Military, CIA, NSA, and all of those other agency have to play by. Those rules are actually laws started by EO-12333. I have posted that on other discussion boards on ATS and I’ll do so again EO-12333. This is what each and every single one of the US Intelligence agency is legally able to do. So there are rules and we do play by them, or we go to jail, for a very very long time. And just because the ability is there and believe me its there, doesn’t mean that they can or do use it….

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauldamo

this is really going too far,makes you feel paranoid as your typing knowing everything you post is going to be probably seen by the c.i.a.does this make you feel intimidated,i know a lot of people say, i don't care if they see my messages and such, I've got nothing to hide,but you might show a different point of view in your posts,that they mightn't agree with,and in the future ,compiled together, might cause you a bit of trouble,do you think this scenario could be possible.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

I thought it went too far along time ago, didn't they have that anti-terror law where they can access your information from where ever when ever without a warrant? Phone taps without a warrant? Arrest without a warrant? Torture without a warrant? And it is still continuing under Obama administration?

Imagine how happy the elites must be when noticing how fast the population forgets lol

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The influence of intelligence agencies on the blogsphere is no surpirse to anyone who has been paying attention.

I see it all the time, particulary on conspiracy sites(*snickers and waves to the CIA*).

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The more people buy phone's which they know nothing of, the easier it will be for us/them/we to intercept and monitor. I am constantly being amazed at the amount of 3g cell phones all around me who are but a sms moment away from converting the cell phone into a true gps tracking without the owner ever realizing his cell phone is now constantly transmitting voice and location until its battery is removed.

As a humble person who follows a simple protocol in life, there is but one rule.

When you purchase any device which forbids you accessing the system files then you know your vulnerable. This applies to house hold appliances as well as any gps, 3g or non 3g cell phone device.

The new television's which are to be marketed in the U.S. in or around 2015 are and do have the function to be turned into an electronic eye and ear by the push of a button, similar to how cell phones are transformed to a listening devices by the use of a simple sms or hijacking the blue tooth freq.

As far as cell phone being turned into an ear, yes i have done this many times for the purpose of education.

The only way to disrupt the transmitting signal is physically remove the battery from the unit. Switching off the phone simply does not work. For all who happen to remember this post if and when you purchase your new television after 2015, you will need to physically remove the power plug from the wall.

However, to counter act the peoples choice in removing the power plug, many new and wonderful technologies such as wireless power to house hold appliances will be marketed simultaneously thus ensuring that there will be constant access to your private life even while you have flipped the mains switch from within your home.

This is no conspiracy, this is reality.

Have a nice day

[edit on 22-10-2009 by tristar]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is happening for a long time and everywhere around the world , not only in US.

Agents are advised to socialize as much as possible, and that is online, and not offline. Online because the number of people you get in contact with can not even be compared to to those with whom you may interact offline.
Most have daily updated profiles on all major socializing networks and have hundred or thousands of friends.

And besides ,all the movies and everything on secret agents, just sci fi , they are not really interesting to be around , boring most the time , and uncomfortable when it comes to socializing, that's why doing it behind the screen has much more advantages.

But as long as you'll only talk in a forum saying what's on your mind about the direction things are going, you'll only get the attention of those who bring the coffee to the high rank officers.

If your bank accounts won't bring surprises ( anything else than you usual paycheck) nobody will have thrills monitoring a software engineer or factory worker or anything else you might be, just because he says what's on his mind.
Because the first thing is checking your bank accounts, your assets , and it's as easy as listening to your calls or reading your posts.

But when additional income will appear that can't be justified by your usual work, that's when you'll arise their interest , especially when the income can be linked with saying what's on your mind...

Additional ways of making an income is what they are searching in all people to begin with

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy

It's not, Facebook is still belongs to this guy.

Facebook dude

I for one blieve that both Mark from facebook and Tom from myspace are just faces for some agency.

But it doesn't really matter who owns them or not. Is there anyone who believes that if the government doesn't own them they can't access their database? so it doesn't matter who the owner is.

To be honest i'd feel much more safe knowing that cia or another agency would own those socializing networks, because i'd know for sure that all trafic is monoitorised and my personal data doesn't go anywhere except for them. Because even if somones hides their ip , a computer would still leave undeniable traces .

I would only worry if i were to be pedophile or fascinated by terrorism

The problem itself lies in people's mentallity. They disclose to much about themselves : address , friends , family , pictures , everything.

I don't know how much help this is to a government agency , all they can do is to have a rigourus file on someone but that's it.

Everyone here knows about the nigerian scam letter. Nowadays with the help of information anyone can take from socializing networks con artists have lots of new scamming possibilities.

They even start sending letters like : "i was hired to kill you ..." put enough information found on networking sites, others even follow their soon to be victim for 1 day to take a picture.

With these kind of evidence anyone would wonder about their safety so they are sending money , usually with the help of prepaid debit cards or prepaid mobile cards that can't be traced .

Socializing networks do more harm than good , and monitorizing them is something i agree with completely , they are only helpful to scam artists , pedophiles and terrorists.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Criticism of Facebook

I have known that Facebook was a data-mining operation since it was started.

The book No Place To Hide tells all about the detail of it.

The White House on Facebook : Care To Share Directly With Obama?

Quote from Wikipedia : Criticism of Facebook

Data mining

There have been some concerns expressed regarding the use of Facebook as a means of surveillance and data mining.

Theories have been written about the possible misuse of Facebook and privacy proponents have criticised the site's current privacy agreement.

According to the policy, "We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services and other users of Facebook, to supplement your profile."

However, some features—such as AIM away-message harvesting and campus newspaper monitoring—have been dropped, even though the clause still remains in the policy as of November 26, 2008.

The possibility of data mining by private individuals unaffiliated with Facebook remains open, as evidenced by the fact that two MIT students were able to download, using an automated script, over 70,000 Facebook profiles from four schools (MIT, NYU, the University of Oklahoma, and Harvard) as part of a research project on Facebook privacy published on December 14, 2005.

A second clause that warranted criticism from some users reserved the right to sell users' data to private companies, stating "We may share your information with third parties, including responsible companies with which we have a relationship."

This concern was addressed by spokesman Chris Hughes who said "Simply put, we have never provided our users' information to third party companies, nor do we intend to."

Facebook eventually removed this clause from their privacy policy when it was updated on November 26, 2008.

Third party applications have access to almost all user information and "Facebook does not screen or approve Platform Developers and cannot control how such Platform Developers use any personal information."

In the UK, the Trades Union Congress (TUC) has encouraged employers to allow their staff to access Facebook and other social networking sites from work, provided they proceed with caution.

Beware of Facebook!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi all,

Wow, that's quite the piece of news. I suppose my thought on this might be, haven't they been monitoring what we write in posts, say on the tel and email, Now?
I think it's been going on for years and years. But I did believe the CIA monitored US external stuff.

Decoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join