It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-USAF officer: If Israel strikes Iran, we'll probably join

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Charles F. Wald, former deputy commander of United States European Command, said a military strike on Iran could set back the Islamic Republic's alleged nuclear weapons program by several years, but cautioned, "I don't think Israel can do it alone."

Last month, Wald and two former U.S. senators authored an article calling for U.S. President Barack Obama to begin preparations for implementing a military option against Iran.

The goal of such preparations, they wrote, would be not only to achieve military readiness for such a strike, but to persuade Tehran of the seriousness of the administration's intentions and convince Israel that it need not act alone

www.haaretz.com...

a top us general says the united states cant and wont stand by if and when israel hits iran's nuclear facilities.. the build-up to a war with iran continues... add this to the pile..

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We already have a number of options/plans against Iran.

Depending on the level of destruction desired, there's a plan.

One that the entire rest of the Middle East, including Russia and China can abide with.

It's not like the Iranians haven't been warned. Time and again. They gave promises, and they've done everything to indicate they are violating those promises.

I recall an interview with an Iraqi nuclear scientist. He was asked if they had a nuclear program and he indicated that it wasn't a serious program.

He was asked why Saddam indicated he DID have a nuclear program. His answer was, "because we told him we did."

Perceptions.

Perceptions will get you killed.

And Western perceptions of Iran are not real good right now.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by dooper]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

And Western perceptions of Iran are not real good right now.

Ya...the western Zionist media is good at tilting perceptions a certain direction.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I'm not a Jew, Israeli, or Zionist.

The reason you know I'm not in charge? I'd have pulled the plug on the Iranians years ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think it says in the Bible that if you are against Israel you are screwed....of course its not worded quite like that ....so my point is that the majoity of America or whats left of it is based on christian values and beleifes. Thats why we have allways been their for them.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Depending on the level of destruction desired, there's a plan.

With minimal civilian casualties, and not optimal civilian casualties this time please America.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It is incredible how the US and its allies bring up Irans nuclear facilities as threat and reason to go to war. If there are nations, which violate the nuclear non-proliferation-treaty it are the USA and Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...:_peaceful_use_of_nuclear_energy

Under this treaty every nation has the right to peacefully use nuclear technology.

Iran allows the IAEA inspectors to inspect the facilities.

If the US is concerned, that the inspectors are doing a shabby job, than it should fulfill the obligation of the non-proliferation-treaty and help Iran develop a peaceful nuclear program.

Israel has never signed the treaty, possesses hundreds of nuclear wareads and does not allow inspectors in its facilities. Nonetheless it recieves aid from the US.

Remember Operation Opera: Israel launched a surprise attack at the Iraqi atomic reactor in Osirak. The Israeli claim, that this was an enrichment facility for plutonium was later debunked. Propaganda tried to spin another story. How many times must history repeat itself?

en.wikipedia.org...

In the last ten years, the U.S. and Israel collectively have bombed at least six Muslim countries (including Gaza). Despite that, 40% of Americans want to attack yet another one, and 1/3 want to invade. Those are the same people who, if there is another terrorist attack on U.S. soil, will be walking around, eyebrows earnestly raised, innocent, self-righteous and confused, and asking: "why do they hate us??" And their friends and neighbors and leaders will assure them: "they hate us for our freedoms."
-- Glenn Greenwald

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

this is the obvious course of action for us. we are responsible for israels existence and all we need to attack iran is an excuse. and on top of that, we need israel to continue to believe that we are there allies so they have some kind of control enforced over them. its been decided, they attack a major enemy of ours and we arent 100% certain theyll win, we'll get involved.

new topics

top topics

join