It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defying Gravity - Government Backed TV/Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I've hid in the background and reviewed the site and numerous posts for several months now and only recently made the plunge into the ATS family.

This is my first thread as a new member so please be nice and bare with me.

First, I used the search and didn't see this mentioned on any ATS threads so if it is please accept my apologies and Mod please move to the appropriate location.

In reading various threads on disclosure, ETs, insider info, ect I've seen several mention one of the main reasons full disclosure either won't or can't happen is the shear Shock Value of such life changing information inflicting severe psychological damage on the global populace in general. Thus resulting in a social and not to mention religious breakdown on a global scale.

Now, having said that, I've seen others state that one way the Government is 'easing us into the idea that we are not alone', is by way of 'indoctrination' through various TV shows and Movies. These movies / shows supposedly have Government backing.

I'm not saying this is not true by any means. On the contrary, one show that I personally believe is a result of this type of indoctrination is DEFYING GRAVITY.

The show aired on ABC and only 8 episodes out of 13 filmed actually aired before the show was brought down in episode 8 as the 'season finale' in mid to late Sept. of this year. (2009)

Now, depending on who you ask, the show was either canceled out right due to low viewership or has been temporarily taken out of the programming until a better spot can be found either later this year or early next year. (some say its being picked up by another network)

For those that are not familiar with the show, the initial 8 episodes that aired can be found on HULU.com. (not sure if all 13 are there or not)

The synopsis of the show is as follows:

"As our technology improves and our thirst for knowledge beyond our planet intensifies, traveling to other planets is no longer beyond our reach. Defying Gravity follows a team of eight astronauts (four men and four women) from five countries (as well as the ground crew) as they embark on a six-year journey through 8 billion miles of space.

As the crew heads to other planets on their ambitious mission, they will need to learn how to co-exist with each other in close quarters. The series will follow these astronauts in present-day, but we'll see how they got to where they are via a series of flashbacks.

Will these brave men and women survive this dangerous journey? How long will it be before average citizens are able to travel to other planets? Would you be able to live among seven strangers for several years without going crazy? It may not be that far into the future!"

What the synopsis doesn't say, is the underlying plot of the whole show is the REASON for the actual mission. Supposedly only known by a select few of 'higher ups' within NASA, is the 'secret mission' which involves the 'Entity' only referred to as 'BETA' which is supposedly hidden behind Venus.

This 'Entity' has been in 'contact', (all telepathic from the few episodes that aired), with 1 of the NASA 'higher ups'. We are not told the reason or details of the 'communication', nor why she is the only one it 'speaks' to. Only that this mission to explore the solar system is a cover up for the crew, (supposedly chosen by 'BETA' for unknown reasons), to go to Venus and 'meet' BETA itself. Also for unknown reasons.

Watch the episodes on Hulu and tell me if the hairs on the back of your neck don't 'tingle'.

My main point here is, what do you 'my ATS family' think not only about this show, but the thought of the Government indoctrination of the populace via Movies/TV??

Could this show have been the Governments way of 'preparing us' for the "supposed" disclosure later this year??

Could this show have had any 'hidden truths'??

Thank you for indulging my first thread.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Acutally Beta is on the ship I think. In fact all thirteen episodes have aired in Canada, just not in the US apparently. I think they genuinely are looking for a better time slot.

But yes I agree with you. Beta is a cool concept. Especially after episode eight, I guess you actually see Beta, and it supposedly looks like a fractal Madelbrot set cascading on itself over and over.

But yes, it is a great show. And people should be watching it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed the show.

You'd think if it had government backing, they would be able to keep it on the air though

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
One of my first threads was similar to this. But about the show Jericho.

I have only seen one episode of Defying Gravity. Working two jobs, time with the kids and in between time in here, leaves me virtually NO room for television programming. But that episode I saw of Defying Gravity was very interesting.

Those I have spoken to about the show were less enthused, however.
I think it is one of those shows that unless you lean that way initially, you probably won't "appreciate" it.
Much like Jericho.

I thought Jericho was a brilliant show, but it went nowhere with the public, and I don't think that the Government had much to do with that.
In fact, if anything, I think that possibly shows like these hit a little too close to "home" for folks, if you will and they tune them out automatically.

Anyhow... Nice thread. Welcome again to ATS.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I haven't had much time to post on here in awhile, but this thread caught my eye. Defying Gravity is by far my favorite show. From what I have read abc just doesn't have the room for the time being(although the return date for DG still has yet to be confirmed),however it is still airing/or has already been televised in Canada(Episode 13 "Kiss" is to air this Friday),Germany,and England. You can find all the unaired Episodes linked up on the hulu discussion board!
I think it's a great show, some people hate the fact of all the flashbacks,but I think this just is another way to reinforce forshadowing/fractal time connection. I think this show has alot of hidden thruths in it(just got to know what your looking for), episode 12 "Venus" had a very good example of this IMO. I really hope this show returns even if it's not on abc, so long as it is on another station anywhere I will be happy.

Great first thread and welcome!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank you each for your posts. I realize I got long winded in my OP and my main point/question may have gotten lost.

So, couple things:

1. What is the in general thinking around the Government preparing us for 'what's to come' by Movies/Tv?

2. I know Sci-Fi Movies have been around for decades and I love Sci-Fi movies, but I've noticed they have increased in number over the last year or so. It reminds me of all the 'Saucer' movies of the Fifties after the Roswell incident went virual and people began comming out of the woodwork telling what they'd beein seeing.

3. Is it me or do the sightings, recent government 'admissions', (ie water on the moon, new planets, ect, ect) seem to be increasing? Heck, someone even posted on this site somewhere that sightings in the UK had tripled in the last year alone.

I just can't help but feel that the Government is prepping us for something major comming. Not saying what that is but I think we all feel it to some degree.

When you think about it, feeding the populace a little truth mixed w/fantasy over a period of time and decreasing the fantasy and increasing the truth makes perfect sense as a way to prepare us for big news.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
what if it wasn't defying gravity but v that was the one sponsored by goverment in preparation for world domination.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If anything, Defying Gravity is a challenge against a heartless system. It was more about individual power, responsibility, courage....and none of that black and white extremism. The characters defied authority and questioned orders and did what they thought was right despite the government's "the mission is everything" "do as you're ordered"...stuff.

Did anyone listen to the opening and closing Donner speeches in each episode?

In reality, I say it was canceled because there wasn't a woman walking around in a bra every episode.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

If this is their way of preparing us, they really could have done a much better job with the show to get people's attention. I made a thread on BTS a while ago basically saying that defying gravity is the worst show I"ve seen on TV in quite a while, absolutely dreadful.

new topics

top topics

join