It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
hmmm, my last night on earth.....

if something happens tomorrow here's what we'll do. everybody, we're going to meet at the baseball stadium in denver colorado where the rockies play, bring guns and ammo, co safter that we'll raid every kwik-e-mart in town, and go up into the mountains and live. if it hits we'll be able to see it no doubt.

if it hits, this may be the last time we see the stars for a long while....

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was unable to locate any information on the size or mass for this object. It could only be a couple of hundred meters in diameter, in which case it would only cause a small nuclear sized explosion... if it were to hit in the ocean, would only kick up the surf a bit.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i know this sounds cruel and heartless, but i hope it hits somewhere in the middleast. i'm tired of these people fighting all the time. it's pointless!!! there is no clear cut way for them to stop fighting other than them killing themselves, why doesn't this thing do it for them?

please don't be offended by this, it's just my closedminded opinion

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well scary thing about that wish is if it were to happen, in the mideast, or worse still, if it were to hit russia or china, it could easily start WWIII. The effects would be identicle to a nuke strike, and the country of impact may well respond in kind, assuming the opposition launched it as a sneak attack.

Assuming your wish were to come true, consider that US forces, likely with tactical nukes somewhere in the works, as well as the Israelis would be affected, both of whom have easy access to nukes.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, the apparent deadline for NEAT is drawing near. Information on it is pretty scarce to be truthful. I know that Byrd has made a lot of posts on this thread that this is scare mongering, and has been debunked.

Be that as it may... my information says that NEAT reaches closest approach to earth between May 5 to 12.

Byrd, tell you what: if we are still here on May 13, I will be happy to give you my best impression of Mel Torme singing "Your the tops baby" while doing a striptease for the ATS community on my computer table.

However, if I am right, well, all I can say is that a little preparation is not a bad thing, even if the reason for it never comes.

I honestly hope that I get really sloshing drunk and have to show my hairy a$$ on ATS, because the alternative, well...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
wow man. too bad it isn't coming closer. that'd be a great scare. do you know if it's going to be visible in the daytime sun, or only at night?

Niether, actually. Remember, it's SO dim that they only saw it a short time ago. Even if you knew where to look, you probably couldn't find it without a good telescope and a lot of patience.

this seems pretty interesting. do either of you belive that there is even a slight chance there will be fragmentation and we'll see it, or if the earth will pass through the debris field? that'd be a show.

None whatsoever. It's a solid rock, and they don't fragment. Ice balls (comets) do.

Furthermore, this thing is TINY compared to Earth. If you represent the Earth, this thing is about the size of a sesame seed. There's not a lot to make a debris field out of, and if you fragmented it, you'd get some Very Small Pieces.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"Bryd : Furthermore, this thing is TINY compared to Earth. If you represent the Earth, this thing is about the size of a sesame seed. There's not a lot to make a debris field out of, and if you fragmented it, you'd get some Very Small Pieces."

Isnt this NEAT "comet" and if so what happend to the actuall comet did the CME basicly destroy the tail and the coma?
Sorry if this has been posted up before if been readin alot and lost track. Also HARRP has been kicking for the past 3 days, anyone have any idea what HARRP actually (can) do?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mesmerized
Isnt this NEAT "comet" and if so what happend to the actuall comet did the CME basicly destroy the tail and the coma?

No. NEAT is long gone. This is an asteroid. No tail, no ice. Just rock.

No. They took pictures of NEAT on the way out of the system. Check some astronomy sites.

No. The coma and tail are made from melting ice. As long as there's ice on the comet, it has both coma and tail.

Also HARRP has been kicking for the past 3 days, anyone have any idea what HARRP actually (can) do?

A good place to start is at the HAARP homepage:
www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"Byrd, tell you what: if we are still here on May 13, I will be happy to give you my best impression of Mel Torme singing "Your the tops baby" while doing a striptease for the ATS community on my computer table."

Sounds cool, any chance of you setting up a web cam so we can all see it, we could even invite the people from Zetatalk.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Better start picking out your outfit -- cause we'll all be here on May 15th. There will be no physical pole shift, Planet X won't have stopped the Earth's rotation, and no asteroid will have wiped out 3/4ths of the planet.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There will be no physical pole ----, Planet X won't have stopped the Earth's rotation, Posted by Byrd

I never said there would be a physical pole flip, although it is looking to be a very real possibility of a magnetic pole reversal (although it wont happen overnight as many think, I think it'll take at least 20 years).

I also never believed or posted anything regarding the planet X theories.

In terms of a webcam, I dont have one, but can very easily take and post a pic of my hairy a$$ if you would like. Quite honestly, I would be happy to do so, assuming that we are still here on the 15th...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
according to this page the sun completed its "magnetic pole reversal" and is restarting its solar cycle, sorry if this has been meantion before on this post

science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Loooooooong read.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We will still be here on May 15th. And on the 16th, too.

In fact, we'll still be here and no major world-changing disasters or asteroid impacts will have occurred by December 25, 2003 nor will earthquakes have wiped major sections of the landscape off the map nor will HAARP have turned us all into tall green reptiles.

In fact, none of the Doomy-Gloomy-Armageddon prophecies will have come true.

I expect that we won't have a significantly higher set of earthquakes this year (the number of quakes per year has been declining, actually) and I will confidently predict that the meteorites that get through our atmosphere won't raise much of a ruckus.

SARS won't overwhelm the Earth. West Nile Virus will re-emerge and in spite of predictions by alarmists won't become a new plague of unprecidented proportions.

...and we'll have several more comets and some near Earth objects spotted this year and every time we get one, I predict that someone somewhere is gong to say they're going to hit the Earth or smack into the sun and cause huge changes -- no matter how distant those objects are.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Oh yeah... and FEMA won't have rounded up everybody with guns. And the New World Order still won't have happened.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
haha...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
There will be no physical pole ----, Planet X won't have stopped the Earth's rotation, Posted by Byrd

I never said there would be a physical pole flip, although it is looking to be a very real possibility of a magnetic pole reversal (although it wont happen overnight as many think, I think it'll take at least 20 years).

I also never believed or posted anything regarding the planet X theories.

In terms of a webcam, I dont have one, but can very easily take and post a pic of my hairy a$$ if you would like. Quite honestly, I would be happy to do so, assuming that we are still here on the 15th...

A global magnetic pole reversal isn't unlikely at all. It happens from time to time and is part of the whole geomagnetic cyclus of the Earth.

For the second thing, planet x theory is based uppon irregularities in some planets' orbits suggesting that there is an unknown huge object that is orbiting the Sun that is the reason for these iregularities because of it's gravitation field. I've never seen Dragonrider write anything about this, but I guess Byrd was talking to a wider audience who guillably believes anything if it's just "scientificly odd" enough.

And as for the a55 thing, DR... I really don't wanna know what your a55 looks like

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure if all you guys read about this yet. I am not quite sure what to make of it. Hopefully none of us will find out what Mr. Rogers thinks about it.

entertainment.msn.com...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just bumping this. It's now the 8th, and in exactly 1 week I can say ...

I told you so.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join