It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with thread subscriptions, pls.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Is it possible to not get a subscription to every single thread I post in? I had no idea this happened and when I went to manage subscriptions, I had automatic subcriptions to at least a hundred threads! I had to sift through all of those to find the ones I really had an interest in. Some threads I'd like to subscribe/bookmark, but darn, if I have to sift through a hundred or more to find a favorite thread, it's not worth the trouble.

I looked, but could not find an answer to this question. I did a search and someone had a similiar question back in 2004, but it went unanswered.

Can anyone help?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have no idea, but i noticed that if i reply to a thread, it shows up.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great question!! I have wondered about this myself now for almost a year!
Not that it matters, I kinda like it so I can check for replys incase I'm sidetracked....
But I do have mixed feelings to actuall subscription!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There's no way to opt out of subscribing to threads that you reply to, but you can cancel subscriptions for the threads that you don't wish to follow anymore.

Here's how to unsubscribe:
In MyATS, click the red X next to the thread that you wish to unsubscribe from. Note, if you click the red "all" at the top, you'll unsuscribe from them all (you may not want to do that). Hope that helps...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I did that. I deleted the 50 or so that were there, but when I went into member tools, manage subscriptions, all the ones I had deleted in MY ATS were still there, along with 75 or more others. I guess I will have to manually delete every single one that I'm subscribed to, but don't want to be.

I wish there were an easier way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I also think this should be addressed. Also I have brought up that the site should think about some way of notifying a poster that someone has replied to a post. Something like a U2U, I am not a programmer and do not know what this would entail. But to keep a thread interesting or conducive to debate, I believe this would really bolster it.

top topics

join