It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Slave Trade. Worse Than Ever.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
Gosh golly gee people. How can you be so cold? Why is it none of you are considering the economic problems which drove these slave traders into the business or the psychological problems which motivate their customers to purchase the sexual services of three-year -olds.
Thank God for agencies like Acorn to assist them in helping to establish their business' by providing advice and assistance on purchasing brothels and filing taxes.
Do you believe there are people who actually are in favor of sending these people to prisons rather than to the doctors and psychoanalyst they need so much more.
True, some children may be inconvenienced but should we equate their lack of educational opportunities with the internal torment their dealers and customers must be experiencing. Come on guys. Show a little heart.
You conservatives are just so heartless I could scream.

You wasted your time writing that drivel...and everyone else's time who read it.

I want my time back.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
any one know of an armed opposition to this. an organized group that is trying to stop this, with force when needed. i have wanted to become involved for a long time. say what you will, that im just looking for a reason to fight... maybe your right, i dont care though, i dont feel that way. i feel disgusted at this stuff, i feel horrible and sick for any child that is torn from there familys to have to endure this kinda #. i would be more than happy to kill any one involved. i have a very very soft spot in my heart for abused kids, well just kids in general

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Even in the middle of rural Pennsylvania....
run by South Korean Mob out of Queens,NY.
and the shame part is, it's these poor women who suffer, not the real criminals.

and I could only imagine how much worse it is in a country NOT like the US.

From the Reading Eagle...Pennsylvania.
Reading Eagle
The rings charge the women or their families about $25,000 to smuggle them into the United States from Korea. Often smugglers themselves will loan them the fee at outrageous interest rates.

The slavers typically fly the women through rogue nations such as Libya and often bring them across the Mexican border using passports purchased or stolen from South Koreans who are in the U.S. on legitimate tourist visas.

Tourists who sell their passports to slavers report the documents stolen a few days later and get new ones to return home.

Once in the U.S., the sex slaves are shuttled to Flushing, home to the nation's largest South Korean community.

The women are sent to work in massage parlors in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and other nearby states.

When the women arrive in Berks County, they are told they owe the driver $500 for the trip from New York.

Older South Korean women who run the parlors typically offer to pay for the ride, making the women indebted to them.

The older manager, or madam, then explains how the business works. The madam arranges for room and board and deducts those costs from any tips the slaves make from having sex with customers.

The ring maintains its hold over these women by keeping them in debt.

Slavers take the women's passports and identification. The women are told that if they are discovered, they will be thrown in jail and deported and will still owe the ring the $25,000 loan for bringing them to the U.S. in the first place.

The women have sex with a dozen or more men a day, and at the end of the week - after paying for their room and board and interest on the smugglers loan - end up with nothing or only a small amount, perhaps $80.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by Aeons
Only both Judaism and Christianity existed with slavery.

Erm, that's not true. Slavery was pretty much a way of life for much of Europe from at least the Iron Age straight through to a 1000 years ago and maybe later. Even the alleged seat of democracy, Ancient Greece had a slavery culture.

I am aware of that. I was responding to a post that was attempting to say that living Christianity would make slavery unlikely, and pointing out that this isn't true.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I was trying to find any published information of US companies that have been caught using slave labor.

The main one that comes up is the US Government.

Surprise, Surprise!

Here is a vid outlining filipino migrant workers thinking they are on their way to the dream jobs in Dubai, only to find out they are going to Iraq to build the new US Embassy.

Here is a blog post outlining much of the same voicesfromiraq.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by srslyguyz
any one know of an armed opposition to this. an organized group that is trying to stop this, with force when needed. i have wanted to become involved for a long time. say what you will, that im just looking for a reason to fight... maybe your right, i dont care though, i dont feel that way. i feel disgusted at this stuff, i feel horrible and sick for any child that is torn from there familys to have to endure this kinda #. i would be more than happy to kill any one involved. i have a very very soft spot in my heart for abused kids, well just kids in general

Seeing commandos or armed militias drop in on these mofos and blow them into mist would make my day. I have often wondered where these groups are too.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

There's a saying i've come across once or twice and it goes a little something like this:

"No matter how much things change... things still remain the same"

To me it means take a look at the World.... you have the Civilised people who have been living their lives since the dawn of man and you have the animals of this world who have also been here since the dawn of man.... one has progressed even further to bring us the Tech which is available today.... the other is still stuck in the dark ages acting like animals.... so you see? Nothing has changed since the dawn of man in our habitual sense.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What is your problem? Did I offend your sensibilities? Did I exploit the subject to mock liberals? Would you like a more reasonable argument?
You find it disgusting? You can't understand it? Does not the number of people being sold hint at the vast number of people involved in the selling of slaves as well as those buying them indicate that there are quite a few people who do not see this in the same light as you?
Yet you behave as though everyone should just automatically accept your view on the subject as correct. Why? When did your opinion suddenly become the last word on anything?
As even those opposed to slavery have established by pointing out how it has been around since prehistoric times, when history is included the idea that slavery is wrong is a minority view. Yet the fact that there are multitudes more who believe you are wrong then right means nothing to you. You KNOW you are right. It must be so nice to have the inside scoop from God as to the absolute truth on this subject unlike the rest of us mortals who have only opinions.
The scale of human slavery today shows that even today the idea of 'world wide opposition' to the idea is no more than political posturing. There has never been 'world wide opposition' to the idea.
And if one considers how recently even the posturing began they might be justified in branding it a 'passing fad'
Bottom line. You think it is wrong. I think it is natural. I see two different opinions. I ask why I or anyone else should automatically give your opinion any greater weight than mine. Why do I bother to argue? How do you react when labeled an inhuman butcher for eating hamburgers? Would you not ask why your opinion on subject should not be given the same consideration as a vegans? That the vegans object to hamburgers does not make them right. That you object to slavery does not make you right.
Do you have a more valid argument against slavery other than 'It's not nice'?
Do you have any real evidence that keeping people as slaves differs from keeping cattle or oxen to pull their plows other than opinions?
It is against the law? True. But you behave as though should the law be changed to allow it it would still be wrong. Why? Oh, I forgot. Because YOU don't think it's nice. Ge over yourself.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"Seeing commandos or armed militias drop in on these mofos and blow them into mist would make my day. I have often wondered where these groups are too."

Way to go. These people do not see the world through your eyes, they do not believe what you believe, they will not live as you want them to live, they will not practice the tolerance you believe they should. Lets kill them all. Yeah, and their dogs too.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
For those wishing to actively do something, this site might give you a push in the right direction. www.antislavery.org...

They are a UK based group, and offer many practical ways you can help to fight modern slavery. As well as a lot of useful info on the state of things currently in the world.

From the site:

WHAT TYPES OF SLAVERY EXIST TODAY?

Bonded labour affects millions of people around the world. People become bonded labourers by taking or being tricked into taking a loan for as little as the cost of medicine for a sick child. To repay the debt, many are forced to work long hours, seven days a week, up to 365 days a year. They receive basic food and shelter as 'payment' for their work, but may never pay off the loan, which can be passed down for generations.

Early and forced marriage affects women and girls who are married without choice and are forced into lives of servitude often accompanied by physical violence.

Forced labour affects people who are illegally recruited by individuals, governments or political parties and forced to work -- usually under threat of violence or other penalties.

Slavery by descent is where people are either born into a slave class or are from a 'group' that society views as suited to being used as slave labour.

Trafficking involves the transport and/or trade of people -- women, children and men -- from one area to another for the purpose of forcing them into slavery conditions.

Worst forms of child labour affects an estimated 126 million** children around the world in work that is harmful to their health and welfare.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

"Seeing commandos or armed militias drop in on these mofos and blow them into mist would make my day. I have often wondered where these groups are too."

Way to go. These people do not see the world through your eyes, they do not believe what you believe, they will not live as you want them to live, they will not practice the tolerance you believe they should. Lets kill them all. Yeah, and their dogs too.

Boo-Hoo. Child rapists are all people too. So are torturers, and the people who put out cigarettes on children. Slavers, they are just some poor bloke who is trying to make ends meet. I just don't UNDERSTAND and have the tolerance that I need to be okay in my heart with their cultural oppression of others.

Yep. You've shown me the light. I'll start immediately working on my tolerance levels for slavers who are just using a commodity that happens to be encased in human flesh.

But some children's "natural place" in the World is to have their anus made bloody by being raped by men. To have a life span of 25 years. Its NATURAL. For me to think otherwise is purely a moralistic problem.

Some people just have a place in the World. Some people are owners, and others are owned. The owned are flesh for their owners, to be used as their owners see fit.

One owner likes to beat small children and rape them viciously - that's the PLACE of the poor, and the taken.

[edit on 2009/10/21 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beta.services
For those wishing to actively do something, this site might give you a push in the right direction. www.antislavery.org...

They are a UK based group, and offer many practical ways you can help to fight modern slavery. As well as a lot of useful info on the state of things currently in the world.

From the site:

WHAT TYPES OF SLAVERY EXIST TODAY?

Bonded labour affects millions of people around the world. People become bonded labourers by taking or being tricked into taking a loan for as little as the cost of medicine for a sick child. To repay the debt, many are forced to work long hours, seven days a week, up to 365 days a year. They receive basic food and shelter as 'payment' for their work, but may never pay off the loan, which can be passed down for generations.

Early and forced marriage affects women and girls who are married without choice and are forced into lives of servitude often accompanied by physical violence.

Forced labour affects people who are illegally recruited by individuals, governments or political parties and forced to work -- usually under threat of violence or other penalties.

Slavery by descent is where people are either born into a slave class or are from a 'group' that society views as suited to being used as slave labour.

Trafficking involves the transport and/or trade of people -- women, children and men -- from one area to another for the purpose of forcing them into slavery conditions.

Worst forms of child labour affects an estimated 126 million** children around the world in work that is harmful to their health and welfare.

But....we just have to understand that this is a cultural right. Who are you to say that a little girl given to a guy as a payment for debt is wrong. People have been doing that for thousands of years. It is CULTURE.

By trying to stop it you are using your nasty Western superiority and morals to guide you.

(okay....I have to go throw up now.)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Boo-Hoo. Child rapists are all people too. So are torturers, and the people who put out cigarettes on children. Slavers, they are just some poor bloke who is trying to make ends meet. I just don't UNDERSTAND and have the tolerance that I need to be okay in my heart with their cultural oppression of others.

Yep. You've shown me the light. I'll start immediately working on my tolerance levels for slavers who are just using a commodity that happens to be encased in human flesh.

But some children's "natural place" in the World is to have their anus made bloody by being raped by men. To have a life span of 25 years. Its NATURAL. For me to think otherwise is purely a moralistic problem.

Some people just have a place in the World. Some people are owners, and others are owned. The owned are flesh for their owners, to be used as their owners see fit.

One owner likes to beat small children and rape them viciously - that's the PLACE of the poor, and the taken.

[edit on 2009/10/21 by Aeons]

aeons if i could give you more stars i would. robin, if i could say what i felt about your sick and confusing opinon i would be banned, ill stick with questioning your thought process. yes, child abusers and molesters are people too, yes a man who takes part in gang raping women and addicting them to drugs and scaring the ---- out of them to ensure they dont run are people too. people that i would have no problem killing in there sleep. why you ask? because, although they might be people, not every person deserves life. who am i to decide who deserves to live and who doesnt... well, any one taking the lives of innocent people(yes i will consider there lives taken) deserves a brutal death

once again...ANY ONE WHO KNOWS WHERE 9 CAN SIGN UP PLEASE INFORM ME... not kiddin, few things get to me, few things would make me want to kill... this is one of them, i would sleep very good at night knowin i helped this cause a bit

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Basically what has happened is that the criminal element runs almost all of government city/county/state/federal if not directly then by the legal society. Such things will get worse and worse if we don't stop thinking in terms of giving government power. Crime is fabricated to justify power for government. Doesn't matter whether it's a real or a fake enemy overseas or domestic, it is created and cultivated to justify power for government which translates into theft, fraud, extortion, kidnapping within government and profiteering from external criminal activities such as Slavery. The heart of the problem is in the legal society creating fake law, running the courts and holding leverage. The legal society is a criminal monopoly manged by the criminal element to facilitate fleecing everyone to one degree or the other. The basic rule of criminal law: don't hurt others, don't interfere in their property, don't mislead them in or into agreements. If we stick to and demand these basics are followed to the letter with no deviation then we will rid the world of these kind of problems.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I can't believe that there are people who are trying to make excuses for this sort of crap. Especially when it involves sex slaves and children. Couple of points.

First, our incredibly lax immigration laws, and total lack of immigration enforcement, have let this cancer creep into the US. These slavers need to be executed on the spot and their slave returned immediately to their country of origin. We are obviously going to see more of this in the US if we let people in from certain parts of the world and certain cultures where slavery is your everyday sort of business.

Second, it is only through the US exporting freedom and democracy to the rest of the world that these sorts of practices will start to come under attack. The liberal left get all hand wringing about native cultures, but honestly when these native cultures involve pedophilia, slavery, polygamy and incest, how can you possibly defend them. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

We can end slavery in this world but we are not going to do it without the civilizing effect of US culture and democracy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by superrat

I think you will find its more a case of people trying to draw others into an argument about a subject that obviously could become very emotionally charged.

Thats how I chose to see it anyway.

Either way, I don't think that debating the morality of the issue or rights of 'slavers' will help my original intent of bringing this issue to the attention of others in any way. So I have chosen to ignore it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Church of Scientology uses child labour in Australia.

More info (USA):

Personal account of scientology practices by Maureen Bolstad
www.kesq.com...

A document outlining a court case brought against scientology by claire headly
realitybasedcommunity.net...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by beta.services]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You know I hear this all the time. The slave trade is alive and well.

Well, no one has ever tried to sell me a slave! And for the right price I might just consider a cute asian girl.

Is it because I don't live in a big city?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean-Luc

Are you seriously advocating the sale of children under the age of consent?

If you are then you must be a sick-minded person...... on the other hand if you are chatting about girls over the age of consent for marriage then that maybe a different thing altogether but what the OP is chatting about is underage kids being sold into the sex trade industry.... this is not something to be laughed at or congratulated!!

And to the others who also have said that this is commonplace and there's nothing wrong with it then you too are sick individuals.... are you the type of person to set up a site on the internet advertising child porn?

I seriously hope you were chatting about relationships with girls over the age of consent!!

On the other side of the coin if these children are being bought because a couple were'nt granted Adoption then it could be a different matter as long as they are going to love these children as their own and are not child molestors or peodophiles!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Touched a few nerves did I?
Consider this...
Perhaps, just perhaps, I agree with you totally but when I find myself using the exact same arguments that bigots, racists, child molesters, etc. use I feel a tad uncomfortable.

The purpose of this forum is discussion, not preaching. The idea that any point of view should be given greater weight because it is 'politically correct' has no more right being included in any intelligent discussion than someone holding their view to be correct because 'my mom told me so'

Perhaps I prodded hoping for an intelligent response to justify my emotional one.

We have police and we can force them to stop. Might makes right? Is this not the logic of every rapist and child molester? I'm bigger and I can force my desires on this person?

The bulk of the world acknowledges it to be wrong. But do you not all agree when the bulk of the world thought slavery was acceptable it was nevertheless still wrong?

Our religion teaches us it is wrong. Forcing your religious views on others is acceptable?

You just find the whole idea disgusting and sickening and not worthy of serious consideration. Exactly the argument of many people opposed to interracial marriage. They are racist sickos however while you are right and proper because.......?

Perhaps I agree with you totally but I feel like a schmuck when the best argument I can offer against these things is "But I don't like it." We do understand the definition of 'self-righteous' yes? This does not apply to us because......?

Is there anyone here with anything more logical to offer as an argument against child slavery or do you all agree there is no actual logical argument, only emotional responses which history shows are the end result of the cultures we were raised in? Responses devoid of reason. Maybe you are content with that. I am not.

Try this. There is no bigot, no racist, no low life scum who will object to hearing the views of those who agree with them. I exposed you to a dissenting point of view and you responded how? You differ how? What is your definition of intelligent conversation?
How many responses said more then that this particular idea sickens them. I am asking is this all the actual justification you have for forcing your views on others?

Perhaps the error was mine for believing that a discussion forum was for the purpose of discussion? Perhaps everyone would be happier if I just exit the scene and then someone can say 'bad slaver, no biscuit' and then maybe throw in a "Can I have a hallelujah?" and everyone can shout 'Amen'.

Not a problem. Those types of discussions were not what I came to ATS for anyway.

So you are all agreeing there is no actual, logical, intelligent reason to reject child slavery, only emotional ones, yes? Only the fact that YOU don't approve of it? That's the best you've got? OK I got it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join