It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Slave Trade. Worse Than Ever.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I saw this on the news today.

Justin Dillon has produced a documentary 'Call + Response' to highlight modern sex and labor slave trading.

CALL+RESPONSE is a first of its kind feature documentary film that reveals the world’s 27 million dirtiest secrets: there are more slaves today than ever before in human history. CALL+RESPONSE goes deep undercover where slavery is thriving from the child brothels of Cambodia to the slave brick kilns of rural India to reveal that in 2007, Slave Traders made more money than Google, Nike and Starbucks combined.

www.callandresponse.com...

From the associated Facebook Page:

Hi, My name is Justin Dillon. I produced and directed this film Call+Response. I have been a singer-songwriter for most of my life, and have now somehow found myself in the middle of feature length film. I never intended to make a film. Honest. It just kind of, happened. I believe this film has always wanted to be made, and it just so happened that I was the guy walking down the street that day when the film landed on earth. Let me go back a bit.

Have you ever seen something so incredulous, so ludicrous, so clearly wrong that you quickly looked up and around to see if anyone else could see what you were looking at? To see if anyone else could verify this catastrophy? That is how I felt when I first heard about modern day slavery and human trafficking. 27 million people? 32 billion a year in profits? "Surely this is isolated". "Surely this is overblown and sensationalized". "There is no way in a globalized world that this could be happening...there's too many cameras....too many news programs...".

www.facebook.com...

News Montage

Film Trailer

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Lets just say this wouldn't be possible with out the cooperation of various governments .

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well it isn't worse than "ever", per se.

But it is worse than we ever thought!

Props for bring exposure to this issue as it is one of the most important issues of our time! And something must be done to put an end to it.

Of course education helps, but it is the market forces that we must fight against. In order to get rid of the supply for slaves, we must eliminate the demand for them.

But because a demand for slaves will not dissipate any time soon, perhaps the best alternative we can come up with will be to replace the slaves with more efficient, cheaper robots.

I would much rather there be a international robot cartel than a slave ring. If you know what I am saying.

Just another reason why we need sophisticated robots.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

But because a demand for slaves will not dissipate any time soon, perhaps the best alternative we can come up with will be to replace the slaves with more efficient, cheaper robots.

That's what I was thinking also, but I wonder if that would stop some from using human slaves? How many of those people get off on dominating slaves? How could a robot take the place of a human in that case? What about the sicko's who go for children? Child like robots? Hmm????? That just makes me sick.

There's got to be something more to it than just the act of sex/release. If it were that easy then everyone should get themselves a pocket pal or a sex robot.

This is an important subject and I hope education and exposure can help rid the world of this kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There are also other issues to consider here.

First, there is the socioeconomic backgrounds of parents that think that a slave trader could possibly provide a better existence for their children they they could. (food and shelter)

Orphaned and abandoned children who have no support from their State, that have nowhere else to turn.

There are also the issues of international companies using slave labor for diamond and coltan mining. And these companies are supported by many governments around the world.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That story is so sad!

But when you think about it we are all slaves to the economic monster in some form or another "what the Earth needs is a whole new way of living, away from money and governments."

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
That story is so sad!

But when you think about it we are all slaves to the economic monster in some form or another "what the Earth needs is a whole new way of living, away from money and governments."

Use your personal sovereignty for those who have none. While I would agree we are all slaves in concept, the absence of chains is an important factor!

In response to OP, I'll definitely check this doc out. The expanding world slave trade is most telling of the dysfunctional policies of Group## and World Bank/IMF/etc towards the "third world".

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

I hate that thing you people do where you compare your existence to some child who is being sodomized daily.

[edit on 2009/10/19 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here is a short video that I found from CIW outlining some of the issues faced by slave labourers in Florida.

ciw-online.org...

I didn't realise how widespread slave labor still was in the US agriculture industry.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If any particular 'type' of story hits me the most, it's this. Slavery and people trafficking stories just seem to leave me shaking with anger. I don't know whether it's a desensitisation issue born from familiarity and repetition, but I find this more distressing than stories about murders and so on.

In fact, whilst usually fervently against the death penalty, it's slavery and people trafficking stories that make me think twice about the issue. Some murders and even rapes, I suppose, are, for want of a better term, spur of the moment 'red mist' type scenarios, but slavery and people trafficking is practically always pre-meditated.

The thought of someone, in a relatively clear state of mind, thinking its right or acceptable to treat other people like this is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I do not know which movie it was, but the character played by a well known actor(cannot place the name-can see the face-will return when it hits me) grabs a child and holds him until someone comes to buy him for $8,000. It just made me sick.

Think about this, 800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,000 children reported missing each day. So let us say that only 5% of those are getting nabbed. That is 40,000 per year or 100 per day. These are US numbers.

We need to death penalize all slave traders, owners, and pedophiles.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I do not know which movie it was, but the character played by a well known actor(cannot place the name-can see the face-will return when it hits me) grabs a child and holds him until someone comes to buy him for $8,000. It just made me sick.

A good recent film dealing with this subject, albeit reshaped into an action thriller and 'glamourised' is 'Taken', starring Liam Neeson. I felt like killing the traffickers myself.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beta.services

Sad! Very Sad!

I really don't know what else to say.... you know this isn't just beginning now, it's been going for decades.... it's disgusting and i agree with one other poster that these people (if you can all them that) need to be caught, castrated & burnt at the stake.... or just simply shot dead.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It is happening more and more frequently.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

Just today yet another story came out about the cause of human trafficking and how it is linked back to the drug trade.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I wrote a 20 page paper on this last year, focusing on the sex-slave trade. It's brutal. There are more slaves in the world today than pulled out of Africa in over 300 years. It's everywhere. Of course some places are worse than others.
You know why it isn't going to go away quickly either? It's big business. Who knows who's in on it...
S & F for you!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Two of the big reasons people buy slaves:
1. child soldiers;
2. sex slaves - they kidnap these women, children, and to a lesser degree men - they bring them somewhere where they are gang-raped to break their spirit. It is truly disgusting. Researching it was one of those moments you wished you weren't a human because you are in some way related to these kidnapping-rapist-scumbags.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by really]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Were seeing a new trend here in the southwestern border States...
Thanks to the Mexican drug wars people are willingly offering themselves up... I guess their thinking it might be the only way they have to stay alive... so sad really, but now AZ, TX and NM are running TV ad's about how to turn in human traffickers

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

I hate that thing you people do where you compare your existence to some child who is being sodomized daily.

[edit on 2009/10/19 by Aeons]

Well I'm sorry I never to meant to diminish there suffering in anyway. But with that said 15 million children that die of starvation this year alone. So slavery is a symptom of a much larger problem world wide.

Sure we might be able to stop slavery but that and that would be great, But that won't save the 15 million children that die of starvation.

So what I'm saying what we need fundamental economic reform from the ground up to do much about these problems! So much of child slaver and starvation I think stems from wall street and immoral bankers.

But what can be done about it I don't know.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
But when you think about it we are all slaves to the economic monster in some form or another...

You've obvioulsy got no idea about the realities of life as a slave.

Were you stolen from your parents at the age of three? When you were five years old, were you made sell flowers on the street at 3am? Were you given little food? Were you beaten if you returned to your slave master without an adequate take for the night? Were you denied even the most basic levels of education? Were you forced into prostitution once you were considered not 'cute enough' to lure customers into buying your flowers, etc.?

I see it virtually everyday, and I can tell you that if you come to China for a few days, you'll realise the folly of your words.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Well then what is your solution to the problem then mckyle?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join