It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Planets Found Out Side Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

32 Planets Found Out Side Solar System

news.nationalgeographic.com

Astronomers have added 32 new planets to the list of planets found orbiting stars outside our solar system.

The discoveries, announced today at a press briefing in Portugal, increase to more than 400 the number of known extrasolar planets, or "exoplanets."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So is disclosure really gearing up or is just me?
With the new discovery's eventually we will learn of other people out there. No doubt.

I have been reading quite a lot of material here on ATS about David Wilcock and about the supposed disclosure. There is some weird stuff constantly happening here on Earth everyday, what's worse than the strange is the uneasy feeling a lot of people have about this super 2012 Galactic Craptastic event. I just don't know.

I wish people would stop getting layed off and stuff though. Sorry I'm kinda tired

news.nationalgeographic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i dont see how this has anything to do with disclosure. at all.

there are MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of planets out there, we only know of about 40. its kinda unimpressive to me on the surface but the vast distances between planets is stunning.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i dont see how this has anything to do with disclosure. at all.

there are MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of planets out there, we only know of about 40. its kinda unimpressive to me on the surface but the vast distances between planets is stunning.

This has everything to do with disclosure. "Unimpressive to me on the surface..." I presume the pun is intended.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
of course this would be related to the disclosure. its planting the seed in people's minds. slowly easing the public into the idea of life on other planets.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I agree. These two parts of the article interested me the most:

Overall, the research suggests that 40 to 60 percent of all planetary systems in the universe contain low-mass planets.

Since lower masses most likely mean Earthlike sizes, such planets are considered to be the best candidates in the search for extraterrestrial life.

With this link too: 3 Worlds Most Likely to Harbor Life Named

and

"It will be very difficult to confirm a planet detected [by HARPS] is the size of the Earth and that it would also be in the habitable zone," Udry said.

"We need the next generation of radio-velocity machine to do that," he said, adding that such a device should be ready in the next five years.

I love it!!

[edit on 10/20/2009 by JohnnyR]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i dont see how "we found new planets" will logically lead to "oh yeah...aliens"

remember, we didnt always know about all the planets in our solar system. those new discoveries were announced too. i doubt people would generally consider those to be part of disclosure.

and i have no clue what pun i supposedly involved in my earlier post.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

But thats not all they are saying. Seems as though they aren't looking for just planets anymore, but planets that support life. You know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
well yeah..theyve been doing that (searching for life sustaining planets/astronomical bodies) for years.

thats why they searched for water on the moon.

thats why they were excited about finding large quantities of methane on mars.

the new planets they are discovering are so far away they couldnt tell you if there was life there or not. most (REALLY) distant planets arent even directly observable with current technology.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The more people hear about extrasolar planets, the more inclined they are to accept extra terestrial life.

This is all about reducing some of the shock, and preparing people for what is to come.

But I'd bet they already have more advanced equipment than what they are fessing up to having. Just in my opionion...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nice discovery ,but I think Its only logical tto assume that there trillions+ out there when you look at the number of stars/galaxys we know of.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't see why people need the whole "disclosure" bit. Yes there is life on other planets, any person not intellectually stuck in the stone ages knows this to be a fact.

Now are they traveling to our planet? That I highly doubt. The ability to do such a thing is definitely up for debate scientifically. If they were traveling to this planet, the government wouldn't simply backtrack, trust me on that.

Chances are, one day some government or commercial entity will give us scientific proof that life on other planets exists, whether basic or complex, but the secrets of the past, will always be the secrets of the past.

The conspiracies that they knew about this and that from some time in the past is not going to be backtracked by the government. They will simply claim they found out when we found out or very shortly before hand. Backtracking would just cause a further mistrust of government and hinder their ability to rule over us, which is the last thing they want.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

So you think all those european countries who pay for the HARPS program are actually in on the ufo/alien coverup ? and all the astronomers that carry out the work are too?

thats a mighty big coverup lol

Johhnyr, what do you think the kepler telescope is doing right now?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by yeti101]

jra

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
there are MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of planets out there, we only know of about 40.

Actually we know of about 403 so far.

The Extrasolar Planets Encyclopaedia

top topics

join