It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist arrested on spy charges; worked for DoD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The Justice Department said Stewart David Nozette, 52, of Chevy Chase, was charged in a criminal complaint with attempting to communicate, deliver and transmit classified information to an individual he believed to be an Israeli intelligence officer.

The complaint does not allege that the government of Israel or anyone acting on its behalf violated U.S. law.

well... i know his is nothing new but it makes u wonder dont it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A traitor is a coward, I care about who he represents, and who is receiving the stolen information. In this case, the supposed recipient was Israel. My Christianity provides me a common bond with these people, and I sometimes have to wonder if they are even allowed to steal them. Tongue in cheek kind of thing. Israel is surrounded by and partially inhabited by muslims. Truly a David and Goliath relationship. Before passing any kind of opinion on the person, I would like to study additional facts.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

This is a letter I found on the Huffington post that made me look up this guy. Stewart David Nozette
Crazy. www.huffingtonpost.com...

bccmeteorites (orig poster)

A scientist credited with helping discover evidence of water on the moon was arrested Monday on charges of attempting to pass along classified informatio­n to an FBI agent posing as an Israeli intelligen­ce officer.

Stewart David Nozette, 52, of Chevy Chase, Md., was charged in a criminal complaint with attempting to communicat­e, deliver and transmit classified informatio­n, the Justice Department said.

Nozette worked in varying jobs for the Energy Department­, NASA and – in 1989 and 1990 – the National Space Council in the president'­s office.

He developed the Clementine bi-static radar experiment that is credited with discoverin­g water on the south pole of the moon.

He also worked at the Energy Department­'s Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory­, where he designed highly advanced technology­, from approximat­ely 1990 to 1999.

edit on 22-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

AWithout knowing more of the facts. I can't help but wonder if maybe he knows too much for them to feel comfortable with him having access to people. I do know that it was said that Livermore was part of the MK Ultra and part of the HAARP project.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Interesting. And this seems to have gone under that radar so to speak. This was a fascinating story I arrived on it looking up something about Mars. Now I really do wonder what type of secrets either directly concerning something on Mars or something related to his technique of finding water was he trying to pass on to the Israelis, and what did they intend to do with that information?

new topics

top topics

join