It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Melee Weapon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
While I have a perfect (100%) history of hitting my mark with rifles and shotguns, scoped and non-scoped, aerial skeet and grounded camoflauged, variable random ranges etc. ... my weapon of choice is a MUD RAKE!

Yep! A mud rake, aka a common rake, not to be confused with a leaf rake.

In a survival situation, you'll be out of ammo eventually (after killing so many dinners) and a gardening tool that is the fourth most useful (spade, hoe, fork come first) and is used for more time than the three primary garden tools ... the mud rake wins!

I can catch a snake with a mudrake, spin him any way I wish and toss him a good fifty foot away. I can maneuver a mudrake as deftly as a musician manipulates his or her instrument. I can pick up a single leaf and toss it in the compost. I can pick up a thread as well; but, not a coin with a mudrake. I can manipulate it like baton twirllers and their batons.

The sharp pointy tips (there are lots of them) and the long-handle make it an ideal survival "reach weapon".

Furthermore, in a survival situation, you're more likely to find me with a mudrake in hand ... forming rows and aerating rows, than holding anything else.

Second choice in a non-survival scenario such as a burglar ... they get the ole electrical cord ... there are plenty around! Then I flip 'em manually and pound 'em.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
im going with the modified AR-15 nail gun first.

but at the moment i carry an SOG flash II

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3647ee87d534.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been looking at those (the SOGs not the nail gun
), thinking about buying one eventually, do you like it?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Best melee tool for me would be 5 or 6 heavy 2 kilo throwing stones if my adversarie/s had knives, although its a fact that if you get up close with anyone who has a knife as their weapon you are going to get cut or punctured.

My grandfather made battons from old tree branches of which I still have a couple that are beautifully honed, weighted and varnished. Sadly in the Uk you wouldnt be able to justify carrying them and I cant think of a reason for carrying one of them that would satisfy the authorities.

Without a doubt though, the two best weapons for melee situations are... 1. The confidence and ability to strike first then ask questions and 2. Knowing the best escape route and having the ability to run like the wind if needed,

Respects

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Crowbar: Multi-use for lifting and prying, light, and can do damage to the skull.

Katana: Keeps enemies at a greater distance than a knife. Slice away!

Aluminum bat: Not good for much else but it helps for hitting and you can use the blunt end to push enemies away if they're getting too close for comfort in battle.

ETA: I see some members chose serrated knives. Be careful with those. It's better to go for a smooth edge. Smooth edged knives slip out of the wound easier. Serrated edges could get stuck then you're in trouble, especially if you hit a non vital area.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i have a set of golfs clubs i dont even play haha.

baseball bat.
throwing axes
big axe
throwing knifes
this half moon spade thing.
screw drivers.

just need a gun dam uk laws.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a extendable baton would be great,the ones made from srings not the tube kind, they just get bent and damaged real quick,get the spring type ones,they take flexing and impact just fine,a steel weight on the end for one hit knockouts, or kill.the french invented these to come up behind nazis & kill them with one hit to the head, so be carefull when useing or practicing with.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A newspaper or pen/pencil. The newspaper can be rolled and folded into a blunt object used for striking and the pen/pencil can be used for stabbing.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Resistance

Yes i would defend myself with my 400 year old samari sword.Yes i know its a antique but its one of the finest swords every made and i am very good using it too.I train every day with my other samari sword from world war two.Thats a japenese naval samari sword.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This thread makes me want to get a bunch of cool tools and weapons, and go camping for a week in deep wilderness! Bear, wanna mess with me? (unsheathes sword) NO WAY BEAR! Hiyaaaaahh!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Personal favorite: The Walking Stick.

Maybe its because I train in Hanbojutsu, and I'm bias toward cane-like wooden weapons. blunt trauma is my specialty.

The advantage would obviously be:

1. You dont need to sharpen a walking stick
2. Since I have a formerly torn ACL, fixed with surgery, I still use a cane and its been dubbed as ''my style'' and no one looks at me strange with having one. Even though I'm 22.
3. Its always out, drawn, and ready for anything. Theres no need to waste time arming yourself with a knife or worrying about guns, youre already armed.

See? Heres me with mine. Do I look scary? I better, for YOUR sake. lol

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Tanulis]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I personally like a good old-fashioned steel hammer...

a) can easily find a holster (easy to carry)
b) can pry like a crowbar
c) helpful in breaking and entering to get supplies
d) you can fix many problems with a hammer....
e) Hurts like hell
f) can use to build shelter
g) can use to climb

Of course though, I'm a big fan of having variety, and options, but my trusty hammer would probably be the last thing I throw away.. I'd also want a nice Katana, a 9mm handgun (easy to find ammo), a shotgun, a maglight (6 cell), a hand stungun, an Asp baton, survival knife, and an aluminum baseball bat, but hey, that's just me....

I actually designed a way to carry all this, and still be light and fast (custom backpack with frame), for an RPG once....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i keep my good old ka-bar on me 24/7 (even at night)(on the nightstand though) and i think that is the greatest thing since fire but if that wasnt there i would proly use a 4.8 foot section of 1 inch copper pipe (just think of the damage with a good hard strike to the skull) thats for melee only not stuff that a crowbar would do like doors windows and cars but for that i have the standard stuff in my truck box (battery sawzall, crowbar, jimmy bar, wire snips, ect)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Bush Axe...about 5' long with heavy double edged blade, broad, hooked on end. After the killin', use like a shovel and can dig holes, or use as light axe to cut paths or as an axe to fell trees. Kinda like a long handle heavy machete. Anybody that works on a survey crew loves 'em.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

This is a melee weapons thread.

I would take a golf club, hatchet and survival knife, I have them all too.

-Cauch1

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Give the old reliable Truckman Axe a try. I've used a buddy's truckman for rough demolition in the past and it performs like a champ. Plus it looks rather intimidating as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am suprised nobody has mentioned the good ol bayonet:

They don't like it up em ...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Depleted uranium bow staff. reply to post by Phlynx

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

My choice- a squeeze bottle of gasoline and a wind-proof lighter. Close range, fits the melee bill. Puts a hurtin on em quick.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For a good melee weapon, one only needs to take a look at some of the weapons used in WWI trench warfare.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Zombie apocalypse or just normal apocalypse? If it is a zombie apocalalypse I'll have to go with lawnmower:

www.youtube.com...

Normal apocalypse I will go with sais.
Sorry if too far off topic, but I just watched the referenced movie, and it was effing hilarious! Lots of unique zombie killing methods to be found and includes a lot of melees.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join