It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Melee Weapon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Resistance

Aluminum baseball bat under the bed. It's just fits me, easy to reach.

There is also a Bowie knife and Arkansas Toothpick under there, too. They need to be properly sharpened, but still OK.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to add this.

It is my favorite cooking knife.

It's a 7" Calphalon Katana Nakiri, Japanese Steel.

I only have one but two would be awesome for close quarters combat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3474d9239bf8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I got a few hand-me-downs that my grandfather gave to my father and now I have. I would have to say that the WWI 1918 Au Lion trench knife I have would be my melee weapon of choice in case of apocalypse - although mine is in much better condition than the one pictured here.

landandseacollection.com...

I have several other swords and knives. A collection of both authentic and replica - but they would all do considerable damage.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

A naginata.

Because you can stab, slash, and hunt with it, while still being out of knife, axe, and sword range.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Miraj]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Zombie apocalypse or just normal apocalypse? If it is a zombie apocalalypse I'll have to go with lawnmower:

www.youtube.com...

Normal apocalypse I will go with sais.

Plucky - Although I don't agree with every post of yours that I have read, sometimes the way you answer makes me love you.

edited: to make more sense

[edit on 19-10-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
According to Sean Kennedy of Rant Radio www.rantmedia.ca... Kukris are very useful. They can be thrown like a tomahawk .Always carry 2 . BTW if people here aren't familiar with Sean Kennedy check his material out . Great survivalist info for these dark times.www.youtube.com...

Try to make it through the opening you have to get past the bravado

[edit on 20-10-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Small hatchet, and a ninjato sword.

Crowbars are pretty good, and proven if you have ever played half-life.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I keep an 8 cell mag light in my car, and a mini-mag with a lanyard in my pocket.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
here's mine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa1e7981f1c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Arietis

What exactly do you call that? and is there a link to it?

Looks like a hammer pliers crowbar hybrid?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That is definitely a nice melee weapon. I will be purchasing one myself. I have been needing one of those demolition tools for some time now. I will have many uses for it.

www.torcarr.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have a forged Ninjato so obviously I'll take that. I would probably also take my hunting knife and a javelin (or some other spear I can throw).

Spears have worked for us for thousands of years. Always a good choice.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well as I have a concealed carry permit... and do... I'd hit you with my Springfield Armory XD-40 Subcompact... if your lucky enough that I didn't just shoot you in the face.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Right now I have a large survival knife on the table, a steel collapsible baton near the bed, and a hand forged tomahawk on the dresser...as well as a 9mm loaded with federal hydra-shoks....

The tomahawk is my fav, very sturdy, can bludgeon them to death with the back end or chop em up...also very accurate when thrown.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I personally would want to have a katana, and a hammer. If I have both, I'm cool.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sword and board if you please. I have extensive practice with them.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

street sweeper.... 12 guage....... works very well

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Adamantium claws. They're the best at what they do.

Seriously though, can we get some parameters? Are you looking for something you can always carry without raising too much suspicion? Then I'd say go with a well-built walking stick. Do you want something you can conceal in your pocket? Then a knife is your best bet. Do you want to be able to inflict pain but not kill? Get a stun gun. Is this a back-up weapon during a situation of full-blown crisis? Consider a large bladed knife or similar weapon. Do you just want something extra to take on a camping trip? A good axe should do the trick. Are you looking for a weapon you can leave in your vehicle that won't draw negative attention? Consider a tire-iron or a really big wrench.

And of course, I can name 10 excellent melee weapons right now that you can absolutely never, under any circumstances, in any country, at any time, ever ever ever get in trouble simply for being in possession of them.

2 hands, 2 feet, 2 elbows, 2 shins, and 2 knees.

It's just a matter of knowing how to use them.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
6 foot of 1/2 inch grade 70 transport chain.

Just try to get close enough to me swinging the chain to use a knife, bat, crowbar, ect.

And a chain is not classed as a weapon.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Unless your willing to spend several thousand $$ I'd pass on a REAL Katanna . Function first than from , What does it do and How well does it do it !!! A simple mace very easy to make and very effective.

These are sweet to
estore.websitepros.com...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by OpusMarkII]

[edit on 23-10-2009 by OpusMarkII]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join