It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil theory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Take a closer look at what I was replying to before you start spouting crap.

Evil, on the other hand, is a word used to describe acts where people take the energy of another for their own benefit without the permission or compliance of the individual. That is a selfish act, an act of taking.

Each and every single one of us take's the life of something else everyday in order to live. *Think* about that for a second as it's very applicable to my argument.

If the taking of a life without permission for your own benefit is considered evil, would this not apply across the whole spectrum of acts or do you naively dictate that evil can only occur within a human taking from a human? What I stated that you replied to was a very generalized reply to what someone else replied to. Something you obviously were unable to comprehend due to your dislike of me. Either take the time to read what is being said or stfu. Thank you for your time.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

To clarify, my point was mainly intended as a response to PlausibleDeniability.

Your point is well taken. However, you have provided me with a good glimps of your mindset on several other threads, so I know the direction you are facing, and it ain't good.

Something has to die so we can eat, and that has nothing to do with evil.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

To clarify, my point was mainly intended as a response to PlausibleDeniability.

BS, you would have replied to that person instead of me. Nor did the person even say anything remotely close to warrant such a response as the one you gave. Your so full of it JM, you truly are.

Your point is well taken. However, you have provided me with a good glimps of your mindset on several other threads, so I know the direction you are facing, and it ain't good.

Oh really? Name one thing. Is it the dislike of you utilizing old terminology and theories in attempt to 'disprove' new terminology and theories? Is it the dislike of your contradictory hypocritical style of argument? Which is it JM?

Something has to die so we can eat, and that has nothing to do with evil.

So now your a species-ist as well? You haven't a clue to what evil is, or better yet, why don't you define what is truly evil for us all.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
There is no evil. There is no good. These are human concepts.

Well said, they are concepts that are defined by moral. However, what could be considered as evil = destructive, good = creative.

Destruction brings emptiness, in physical form as well as material, creativity brings fulfillment. Material universe is the manifestation of the mind.

If you understand these facts and you still choose the first one.. well, that could be considered evil. And will be punishable by karma.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Sirnex: You are over reacting as usual.

Relax, take a pill if you have to...but take it easy.

The majority of your stress is self imposed, it's going to destroy you unless you get a grip on your emotions.

[edit on 20/10/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm not stressed, I am just calling you out yet again on your hypocritical arguments. I think you owe the other person an apology for trying to drag him in on your obvious post against me. -OR-, if what you said was true, then at least explain to him *why* what he said warranted such a response. Come on hypocrite, explain yourself.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
So now your a species-ist as well? You haven't a clue to what evil is, or better yet, why don't you define what is truly evil for us all.

Well, maybe you haven't got a clue what a clue is. If you did, you would see that I already defined evil on the first page of this thread. If you want it defined further, look at some of your own posts.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Evil is justified well by criminals. A thief steals because he's hungry; A rapist rapes because he's horny, A murderer kills because of some things. This is just a generalization but the bottom line is that it's a criminal action.

As long as it harms other people physically, financialy, etc. it's considered evil.

EDIT: If you don't want it done unto you then it's evil. This doesn't apply to weirdos and perverts that are into those sadomaso things.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I'm not stressed, I am just calling you out yet again on your hypocritical arguments. I think you owe the other person an apology for trying to drag him in on your obvious post against me. -OR-, if what you said was true, then at least explain to him *why* what he said warranted such a response. Come on hypocrite, explain yourself.

Ya ok sirnex....I will get right on that.
Yes sirnex, no sirnex, three bags full sirnex.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Guys can we get on topic or i fear a moderator shall stroll over and do something nasty. To get back on topic i think you are all right and wrong including myself so that mean this statement is also right and wrong.

I sometimes thing Evil is the act of enjoyment of other peoples suffering. Anybody that you know who gets off on other peoples misfortunes is not a happy chappy. And vice versa someone who gains pleasure in giving pleasure is not evil. well thats the theory anyway

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
No one is evil? What a pack of balderdash.

And this is what you give back to mankind for 36 years of being a shaman?

Come on man! You can do better than that.

Evil is the intention to harm someone or actually causing harm to someone.

Evil is putting yourself first while knowing your actions will harm others when there is no justification for harming them.

Thank you.

Yes, I see. People doing those types of things are very lost, sadly, but I don't see them as being Evil. I see something else, souls playing out agreements for experience, even when that experience is something horrific.

Sorry I could not offer "better".

Originally posted by Tryptich
If you understand these facts and you still choose the first one.. well, that could be considered evil. And will be punishable by karma.

As soon as we make a value judgement on something we automatically assume Karma to be punishment or reward. What then if it is neither? Perhaps it is only a mechanical system in play for this realm where any instigating factor will flow to a natural conclusion, no matter what we think or believe about it>\.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Yes, I see. People doing those types of things are very lost, sadly, but I don't see them as being Evil. I see something else, souls playing out agreements for experience, even when that experience is something horrific.

Sorry I could not offer "better".

Now we know what you don't think is evil!!
Can you tell us what you think is evil....

Your are sorry you could not offer better?

Life is about good and evil, and learning/knowing the difference.
Blurring the line between good and evil only serves evil.

Evil does exist. Some evil acts are:
-Being anti-Christ.
-Idolatry.
-Mocking God.
-Murder.
-Lying.
-Stealing.
-Oppression and slavery.
-Coming between a married couple and Breaking up their marriage.
-Being angry at someone without just cause.
-Contemplating harming, or wishing harm on someone.
-Defrauding someone of their life's savings.
-Bullying.
-Deceit.
-Allowing an addiction to ruin your life and the lives of others.
-Harming yourself.
-Any harm done to others for the purpose of selfish gain is evil.

Originally posted by Tryptich

Karma?
Sometimes people do evil things to good people. For the good person that is harmed, I would not be like Job's comforters and say that they must be being punished for something they did, and then turn away. That's what I hear people who believe in Karma do all the time. They say, "bad things are happening to you because you did bad things and now you face your own Karma." That, is just nonsense.

Bad things happen to good people because evil people like to harm good people.

There are laws that God put in place from the beginning, and which he warned us about? Call it whatever you want....but Violate God's spiritual laws and you are responsible for bringing punishment on yourself.

As soon as we make a value judgement on something we automatically assume Karma to be punishment or reward. What then if it is neither? Perhaps it is only a mechanical system in play for this realm where any instigating factor will flow to a natural conclusion, no matter what we think or believe about it.

Evil does exist, and it does matter what we think and believe about it.
Good also exists, and the more we understand what is good, the better we understand what is evil.

If you don't see the difference, then you have not even taken your first baby steps toward learning the wisdom of the Divine.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Being anti-Christ

Would Jesus be considered evil if it can be shown that he even broke his own teachings?

Idolatry

So you don't own a cross then?

Murder

Great, so we agree God is evil! Now we're getting somewhere.

Lying

God has lied to us many times. In fact, he lied in the very beginning.

Oppression and slavery

Since when did God himself say this was an evil act? Do Christians worship Jesus, or do they worship God?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Would Jesus be considered evil if it can be shown that he even broke his own teachings?

You don't believe the bible is the word of God....so how can you believe anything it says about Jesus?

But, show me if you feel the need.

So you don't own a cross then?

I can own anything, it doesn't mean I idolize possessions.
I perceive what I have as belonging to God. That makes me a steward and a caretaker of what he has provided to me.

Great, so we agree God is evil! Now we're getting somewhere.

No, I do not agree with you.
God is not a murderer....Satan has been a murderer from the beginning.

God has lied to us many times. In fact, he lied in the very beginning

That's three abominations in a row......Congratulations.

Since when did God himself say this was an evil act? Do Christians worship Jesus, or do they worship God?

So you want to knit pick my comment: oppression and slavery is evil?
First note that it is no great coincidence that I put oppression and slavery together.

So it's important to understand there are different types and degrees of slavery. An alcoholic is a slave to alcohol. An addict is a slave to the addiction. The Bible says we are all born as slaves to sin, and commands believers to be slaves to righteousness. We are all slaves to our government.

Where oppression is the concequence and harm is intended, then it's evil.

Christians worship Christ (the Creator).
They don't worship the man (creature).

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Just wondering......why don't you shut up and tell us what YOU think evil is?
I haven's seen one post by you that gives us your definition. All you do is knit pick and call people names that don't agree with you.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Nice to see that you have a positive Christian morality. However, things are not so black and white.

Is it wrong to steal food (for example) from someone (let's say a large corporation) when they obviously have enough and you have nothing? Most of those actions you mentioned are results of letting the lower emotions to define your actions. Karma is the force that goes around and feeds you back the results back your actions. This is a globe we are living on, finally.

Although I agree with your view of "evil", I am aware of the fact that they are values that are completely based on our culture.

BTW, negative emotions (that are the result of actions) tend to build up and cause negative responses in our physical body. I have experienced this in first hand.

EDIT: I'm not too familiar with the bible, but doesn't is say something like "Forgive them Lord, for they don't know what they are doing"

in a relation to

"The tree of knowledge" (the fruit of knowledge / concepts of good and evil)

[edit on 20/10/2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lets say in this plane of existence we have come to associate certain actions with good or bad, though these are all morals and differ from person to person, sane people can usually agree on what is appropriate action and what is taking it to far. I don't think we consciously think of the path we are going to take, either light or dark, we just go down different variations and shortcuts and usually end up going in the same direction of light or dark, even if we had momentary darker or lighter times.

So think of the most evil person, committing horrendous acts of crimes against humanity, they still will have some acts of good, even if its only towards there family and close personal friends while they let the rest of the world burn, yet they will still be heading in the dark direction.

Love Fear

Birth Death

Light Dark

Creation Destruction

(what if its just the natural direction that we head into just on our short time lines here on earth, birth and death is one aspect of the balancing)

I think we are unable to go outside of this balance so maybe its why people have been thinking were teetering on global destruction for so long because evil people have been trying to create a imbalance that just can't happen. All I do know is these people are trying to play god messing up the order of things.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Each and every single one of us take's the life of something else everyday in order to live. *Think* about that for a second as it's very applicable to my argument.

If the taking of a life without permission for your own benefit is considered evil, would this not apply across the whole spectrum of acts or do you naively dictate that evil can only occur within a human taking from a human?

A-HA!!!!!!!!!!!

You have realized a truth.

The concepts of evil and good are SUBJECTIVE after all!

Is it a sin to steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving child?

Is it evil to kill a man in self-defence?

Is it evil to kill one gentle, helpless, old man if keeping him alive means that two other people must die?

Isn't the world so much more interesting when you look at it in shades of gray instead of binary black and white?

Good and evil as absolutes do not exist. They are a matter of perception. You would never say that killing an animal to eat is 'evil', but what if the animal killed was your pet?

When good and evil are bandied about as absolutes, it makes it easier to justify pretty much anything you want. Most of it evil, if history serves.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phiktion
I think we are unable to go outside of this balance so maybe its why people have been thinking were teetering on global destruction for so long because evil people have been trying to create a imbalance that just can't happen. All I do know is these people are trying to play god messing up the order of things.

Yeah.. I would definitely say that there are certain "spiritual" forces in the play here, even if they are fueled by greed, hate and just pure negative energies in the physical world.

Certain aspects of the modern society are definitely blocking our way to much higher states of mind. So you are right.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I don't give a definition because I do no believe there is a thing called 'evil'.

Morality is purely subjective and everyone, from individuals to religions, to cultural beliefs, to societal norms all have their own differing view of what is right and what is wrong. What you might consider evil simply isn't justifiable across the whole of humanity nor throughout the history of humanity.

We've already gone over what I think more than once, or have you forgotten?

You don't believe the bible is the word of God....so how can you believe anything it says about Jesus?

What does it matter on my personal beliefs of him. I asked a simple question and you managed to dodge it. Your great at doing that!

I can own anything, it doesn't mean I idolize possessions.

Define idolatry and then tell me the purpose of praying in front of a cross or hanging crosses in your house or wearing them around the neck.

God is not a murderer....Satan has been a murderer from the beginning.

Your going to eventually have to stop screaming "la la la" and take your fingers out of your ears someday. Quote *one*, just one scriptural verse of where Satan has murdered another person. And no, you can't use Job because God had a hand in that as well.

That's three abominations in a row......Congratulations.

Really, can you point them out again, I missed them.

So it's important to understand there are different types and degrees of slavery. An alcoholic is a slave to alcohol. An addict is a slave to the addiction. The Bible says we are all born as slaves to sin, and commands believers to be slaves to righteousness. We are all slaves to our government.

Ah ok, so that is how your defining slavery. Good, for a second there I thought you were against God and Jesus' word that it's ok to *keep* slaves.

Where oppression is the concequence and harm is intended, then it's evil.

Well, isn't that what God does to mankind? Worship me or be punished for eternity. Personally, that makes me feel oppressed. I am told I have free will, but the minute I exercise that free will I'm damned to hell for eternity.

Christians worship Christ

Jesus is not God and no where in the Messianic prophecies does it state that the Messiah would be God in the flesh. The Messiah is to be the *son of* God, that is a great difference. So, worshiping Jesus as if *he* were the creator himself is no different than idolatry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join