It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Offers Calm Critique of Baucus Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Get your checkbook out. It's not a tax. It's a fine. $750

Sarah Palin Critique - Politico

It looks like i should move to Vancouver, B.C.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ol'e firecracker is out there again speaking out against the bad guys. I still like her...one of us....one of us.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I agree with what she said about the baucus bill,

requiring everyone to purchase coverage, which in theory would expand the pool of paying policy holders," Palin wrote. "However, the maximum fine for those who refuse to purchase health insurance is $750. Even factoring in government subsidies, the cost of purchasing a plan is much more than $750."

Insurance companies are now coming to the fact that increases on the pool of policy holders will decrease their profit earnings if they don't increase the premiums.

Now the 750 dollar penalties, look to me that Mrs. Paling wants to reverse back to the fines and penalties that the private insurance companies were advocating to be charge to people that was on the rage of 3000 dollars? because why else would she be complaining about healthy young people paying the fines, doesn't she knows that most of the healthy young people in this nation is unemployed.

Now, She forgot to included that in the Baucus bill is also penalties that the private insurance wants to charge on the side for people no buying insurance in a timely manner.

Sorry to say this but it looks to me that Palin is siding with the private insurers here and how to gouge the consumer.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Right, she wrote a 1000 page essay? Right, sure she did. That woman couldn't write a grocery list.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I am sure that lobbyist for the private insurance business wrote the darn Essay.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

so do i marg, it never fails to annoy me, people attacking someone that makes sense. oops did i say that. christ shouldnt have any common sense this day and age should we? nope attack, on the grounds of what fox, msnb, or ccn told you, but please dont research for yourself that this gal worked her way up the food chain- per say, yep she made a couple of wrong decisions, but atleast her answers make for sense, than any republican or democratic, filobuster!

think people if health care is going to be mandatory exactly how much of your hard earned cash are you willing to shed?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think her point is that these people are going to be gaming the system and in doing so, they'll drive the costs up dramatically for everyone else. It seems to me that she's right.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Right, she wrote a 1000 page essay? Right, sure she did. That woman couldn't write a grocery list.

That's a 1,000 word essay. Not 1,000 page. You might want to use the edit.

We need to see more Tort Reform and less $750 fines.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yeah her speech writer or someone else wrote it and slapped her name on it for her...she is more English challenged than bush minor was.

By the way in case anyone wonders 1000 words is just under 2 pages.

I am sure it was a deep critique.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

I think her point is that these people are going to be gaming the system and in doing so, they'll drive the costs up dramatically for everyone else. It seems to me that she's right.

She is right.
Well done Sarah. I hope she talks about this bill in her new book.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hell I am just going to copy and paste a comment from someone on Politico

From commenter beisbolfan

Party: NA

Last Visited: Oct. 19, 2009 - 4:33 PM EST

I didn't read the article or any comments. I don't have to. I know what the unhinged leftists are going to write, "this brainless trailer trash redneck inbred racist b!=== didn't write this" etc.

The usual blast of mindless hate, directed at white working-class people, by the guilt-crazed, limp-wristed white liberal sissies, who mostly look like pee wee herman, and talk like Michael Jackson

It seems he was right, look here on this site, 2 have already came in and stuck their feet in their huge mouths. Got any proof Grover or damwel. Thought not.

Attack the messenger not the message, always the same.

OP-Palin is usually right on most things she talks about. I hope she can be a force for real CHANGE, not the hope and change of our dear liar in chief.

TRANSPARENCY? Right.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Wait a minute, doesn't Obama "promised to regulate the private insurance" so they don't gouge the consumer, or is just forcing the private insurance not to deny coverage to those with existing conditions, the first one will benefit all of us but without the regulations we will be gouge regardless? well this tells another story.

If healthy people doesn't want to buy insurance and wait until the last minute to purchased, don't you know that the Baucus bill have a way to deal with that? they want the government to included charges for those no buying insurance in a timely manner, did you know that? this was the idea of the private insurance themselves along with the penalties and fees, so who si writing the health insurance bill? darn we don't know because is behind closed doors, right.

Then Palin is either complaining about the fees and penalties been too low or she is complaining that more penalties should be added to the health bill, so why are we to be worry about increasing health care cost when is suppose to be regulated, isn't that what the private insurance polls was telling us? and the government dismissed as faulty? then somebody is lying to us.

Now what it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It is very sad that people are siding with Mrs. Palin and have no clue that what the Baucus bill have and how the private insurance companies are behind doors with congress.

It is also sad that for what the article said she is actually siding with the private insurance companies when it comes to penalties and fines.

Actually she is enforcing what the private insurance polls were telling the public about the warnings on the premiums, something that the Obama administration call faulty and misleading

Please people read and reaseach.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Marg, do you think 20 year olds across America should be forced
or fined because of health care?
We don't need the iron fist of the U.S. Government going after them.
Let them spend their money on a new car or an iMac.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

This my take my friend, I am against mandatory health care specially when we will be forced to support private entities and that is actually unconstitutional.

Second what kind of health care reform is for the nation without a public choice to compete with private insurance companies.

Then we have the same corrupted private insurance companies behind close doors while our congress is planning the future of this nation.

That doesn't make any sense and only tells who is running the show in Washington.

Nobody in this nation should be forced into anything by congress mandate specially when it comes to private entities plain and simple.

People needs to understand that this is not longer about a health care reform but making the population servants to those dictating our fate. Our political figures and for the people elected crocks are playing with all of us, we stand divided while they do whatever they want with their bills restricting more and more our civil liberties and freedom of choices.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It sounds like you agree with Sarah.
Here is the link to her entire post at Facebook.
Sarah Palin - Facebook

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

There's also a third option: flush the entire thing and start over with real reform and not some handout to the insurance industry (and I agree, that's what it is). In Palin's case, I do not think she's actually arguing in favor of such a fee system, but pointing out that the idea has serious flaws, regardless of which side of the debate you're on.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

No, I don't support Palin and she is not what you think, she is siding with the private health care insurance, remember she is just another corruptible political figure in this nation, they are all in the pockets of big interest.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Actually after reading the article she is actually enforcing the polls done by the private insurance business that was warning about the increases on premiums, something that the Obama administration was very fast into rejecting as scaremongering.

But regardless of the agenda the private insurance was right about the raising of the premiums or what else will they do to be able to add more to their "pool" without profits.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Edit: should have refreshed the page. Already pointed out twice no need for a third.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Jenna]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join