It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death By Prescription - How Big Pharmas are Screwing YOU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
Excellent Documentary On The Facts And Truth Of The Cults of Psychiatry And Psychology. The film is called: Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging. Containing more than 175 interviews with lawyers, mental health experts, the families of victims and the survivors themselves, this riveting documentary rips the mask off psychotropic drugging and exposes a brutal but well-entrenched money-making machine. It's the story of big money - drugs that fuel a $330 billion psychiatric industry, without a single cure. These drugs now kill an estimated 42,000 people every year.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Epitaph25]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Epitaph25

If it were the whole pharma industry, then I'd take the video seriously. It just makes me wonder how much Scientology spent to put this thing together.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And that is precisely what happens when you mix Capitalism with Health Care.

Where is the profit to be gained in curing something? It is far more profitable to treat something indefinitely than cure something.

Does your Cable Company, Phone Company, Internet Company, Power Company charge you a one-time fee for their product? No! Products aren't as profitable as a Service for which you charge a monthly fee. You see every industry jumping on the bandwagon. Even software is now become Services instead of Products. Even the Music Industry is claiming that the CD you buy is a "Service" and not a "Product" and as such they reserve the right to charge you a subscription to charge for it's use on every device you want to listen to it on by making you repurchase it.

The Health Care industry is precisely the same. It would rather get $100 from you every month to treat your affliction rather than a one-time fee of $100 to cure your affliction.

You are healthy and don't need treatment? Well then, we'll just try and get every aspect of the human condition considered a "disease" by the AMA, and offer a treatment for it! Do you have fits of depression, just like every human who has ever walked the planet? Well, depression is a disease, and they have a treatment. Take your pick of anti-depressants, because we've got one for every type of depression that ever was. Of course, it won't make the reason you are depressed go away, but you'll be deluded into thinking it doesn't bother you anymore. Or are you obese? Even though you just packed on a little bit of winter weight that everyone does when they get older and their metabolism changes, the AMA and CDC now consider you obese, and heaven knows the Fashion and Diet Industries have capitalized long enough on your negative self-body image. Why not the Pharmaceutical companies too? Don't worry, they may not have a miracle cure to your obesity, but they can treat your obesity with a drug regimen that you have to refill every month.

There are two places Capitalism absolutely, positively do not belong in any society...Health Care and Education. Until we come to realize that Capital interests are not in our Health Care interests, we will find ourselves further and further enslaved by those looking to profit off our "afflictions" real or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In the end, you have to ask the question:

Is it really in the interest of the Corporations to cure you so that they go out of business. Is this the reason why we NEVER look at the "Root Causes" and mindlessly continue to treat the symptoms?

Will the news media and Govt. (sponsored by these Pharmas) really tell you to take care of what you put inside your stomach and research alternative practices like Yoga or Qi Gong?

Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I will tell you this my brother used to be fully awake until he got on major psych drugs.

Now he's all green-shoots and kool-aid.

I believe most (but not all) psych drugs are given out so freely because they pacify and make people turn into sheeple, not to mention the profits are incredible.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh yes they are screwing us big time. I really wanna stop taking my "medication," but its so addictive I'm having trouble doing it. I was diagnosed with ADHD in high school. Now I'm 20 and I still need it to be productive. It's really sad actually. They hook you!

Omni

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteOmnipresence

You should try DeTox. There's a book "The Joy of Perfect Health" which details this process very well. It helps get rid of your addictions. Give it a try.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteOmnipresence

Agree with poster above. Addiction comes about because we have trace amounts of the chemicals/drugs stored in our body that gives us our nick. Most synthetic chemicals can't be detoxed via liver/kidneys. They need to be sweated out. Whatever you can do to sweat daily is beneficial. A fir sauna is best.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'll be giving detox a try this month. Hopefully, I'll document the procedure and results for others.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the info guys. There's a detox formula I really like called Bentonite. It's made from volcanic ash and is supposedly very effective. I will probably pick some of that up. very expensive tho, like $20 for 30 fluid oz. I hope this works!

Omni

new topics

top topics

join