It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This board full of false prophets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's exactly what they do though, you can even get them to admit it.

The Gray Area is wacky.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
An intelligent person, is not going to speak of their own intelligence.
If one truly wants to become enlightened, they need only look into themselves.
It is there, and only there, that they will find what they seek.
One will discover that it's not the search for answers that motivates them, it's the search for questions.
Answers are not discovered, they are realized.

If you keep looking, you will find what you are after, but realize also that what you are looking for will find you as well.

Rely on your own realizations, and stop taking people so literally.
Question yourself, before you question anyone else.
You will more often than not realize you knew what you wanted to know all along.
Languages are full of metaphor, and most people barely know the extent to what a language means.
To them, concepts seem just as real as the hand in front of their face.
If you realized that your hand is made of matter, and matter is energy, and that there is space between the subatomic particles, what are you truly looking at?
Your hand silly, but also the universe.

False Prophet= PHalse ProFit

[edit on 10/19/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR
It's exactly what they do though, you can even get them to admit it.

The Gray Area is wacky.

Why do you listen to them then. I ignore all date threads, if you know anything about this stuff dates will not be known in advance.

But i would not call them wacky, just they do not analyse stuff properly.

All you have to do is ignore all the date threads, and i am sure there are plenty here just to make them, so to make that board look bad. I think you too should analyse what it is your really saying about that stuff as generalizing everything is not the way to go.

If those are genuine in the date threads, i would ask them to try to be a bit more critical of there feelings and thoughts before making pre emptive statements about the future that do not help us.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I always love new Gloom and Doom but IMHO

I'm glad that %99 are wrong or we would all be screwed.

But don't let that stop-em or I'll get real bored, and Plucky will have an anurism!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ncuncfan2006

2012 will be interesting. the ancient calendars went from the last planetary equinox to the next. so who knows. theres been alot of interesting interstellar activity in my short time on this rock. halleys comet, and a few other comets, hubble, deeper understanding etc. the equinox will in fact most likely cause earth quakes and tsunamis due to the effect it will have on gravity. its how it works. dooms day? hardly im sure. but to accuse them of being false prophets, thats a bit harsh. id say theyve been duped or are just expressing theories themselves.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
i dont know who these "board prophets" are but i've only seen a couple pulling some stuff from the bible and other prediction sources.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Were talking about the people that come on here, and say they have been sent messages from God/Aliens/Spirits and start making predictions about stuff, and ask you to ask them questions about how they are actually an alien etc.

They keep setting dates and making predictions about how the world is going to end. And they actually feel they are important in some way.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FouL-LiveR

BINGO i feel this is what the OP was referring to. A lot of people on these forums claim to have messages from God, Aliens, Higher dimensional beings etc and predict stuff. Look at the front page its full of them.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The irony is that the largest false prophet is the mass media. At least here you get some truths.

I just skip reading what I dont believe in.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join