It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This board full of false prophets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Im not a christian or anything but damn if this has some of the guys in this forum nailed down.

2.1 False Prophets Are Greedy for Gain
The world is greedy about money. False prophets are more so. Even though Jesus taught to store up treasures in heaven and not on earth (Matthew 6:19,20), these false prophets try to grab money from people through deceitful means (Jeremiah 6:13, 8:10b).

Peter noted that these false
teachers, in their greed, will exploit you with stories they have made up (2 Peter 2:3). BINGO!!!

2012 Doomsayers equal false prophets making money off peoples fears.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by ncuncfan2006]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on October 19th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So by your assertion anyone who believes in 2012 is a false prophet?

If something DOES end up going down in 2012, wouldn't that make YOU the false prophet?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
false prophets because we see the truth? False prophets because we have open minds and we discuss what things really look like to us?

call me false prophet. It doesnt matter

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
false prophets because we see the truth? False prophets because we have open minds and we discuss what things really look like to us?

call me false prophet. It doesnt matter

This person has started a few threads of different titles with the same body-obviously pushing an agenda....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hindsight is 20/20 and lets the truth be known about false prophets and false prophecies.

I do agree that the 2012 Conspiracy is half false prophecy and half fear-mongering sensationalism, but time will show. No need to call them out just yet.

And the false prophesying is not limited to any one particular subject. Such is rampant in every area of ATS. Given time, you will learn to be skeptical as 99.99999% of them turn out to be false.

However, one does need to consider another side of it too.

Even if the self-proclaimed prophets turn out to wrong almost all of the time, it doesn't mean they won't get something right once in a while. If one makes enough prophecies, odds are that they'll get one right eventually.

Besides, it rarely hurts anyone who falls for a false prophecy. In a way, it is far better to be prepared for the worse than to not be prepared at all.

But then again, I suppose it comes down to with how you prepare for such prophesying. Leading up to Y2K, I prepared but not to the extent that I was an extremist or changed my lifestyle. I still woke up the next morning and went to work. When it didn't happen, I was not put out any, although if it had happened, I would have been fine too. Now, if I had changed my life in preparation, or committed suicide or killed my family to spare them from the horrors that could have happened come Y2K then that would have been tragic. If one is moderate in all that they do, especially in concerns with Doom and Gloom prophecies, then no harm has been done by either the Doom-sayers or those that give them a modicum of credence.

Therefore, I say let the prophets continue with their prophecies, just let the rest of us remain reasonable and take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you, but it's been like this since the 1st Century.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

This person has started a few threads of different titles with the same body-obviously pushing an agenda....

Yep, there's a almost identical thread in the 2012 forum:

Bible , 2012 FALSE PROPHETS

Im not a christian or anything but damn if this has some of the guys in this forum nailed down.

The world is greedy about money. False prophets are more so. Even though Jesus taught to store up treasures in heaven and not on earth (Matthew 6:19,20), these false prophets try to grab money from people through deceitful means (Jeremiah 6:13, 8:10b).

teachers, in their greed, will exploit you with stories they have made up (2 Peter 2:3). BINGO!!!

2012 Doomsayers equal false prophets making money off peoples fears. I mean you can not find a better definition of these 2012ers than what Peter said. Amazing

The Characteristics of False Prophets

1. They are greedy for gain
2. They prophesy in lies
3. They speak even when God did not send them
4. They steal words from one another!!
5. They distort the words of the living God

being convinced, being driven...are usually desirable traits

i just cannot resolve the posters/members here on ATS being 'false prophets' for the open questioning and open dialogue about the 2012 subject... i havn't run across any member that even remotely is making a lucrative 'Gain' or monetary reward from promoting the 2012 fad that is diluting the masses brain power and equilibrium ...

we are all on a road to discovery, & trying to turn over every stone to try to find a reasonable truth about the 2012 meme...we just ain't false prophets seeking profits

[edit on 19-10-2009 by St Udio]

[edit on 19-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncuncfan2006

Please show me a thread wherein the member is trying to make money?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There are people making Money off 2012. I actually have a Uncle who is through a website.

Ive also read story of scientists getting emails from scared kids and parents.

It will probably only get worse after movie releases.

But to say noone is making money off this youd have to be naive.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Unfortunatley a false prophet has more power then just posting. He is false by sending his followers into danger he or she personally avoids, know anyony? Also these individuals who post on ATS in concern with the 2012 OR SOMETIME VERY CLOSE TO 2012* are giving information that they recieved from doing their own research. This information HAS fortunatley has been passed down from many ancient civilizations IS VALID IN ITS CONTENT AND TO DISCREDIT THIS INFORMATION IS BASICALLY CALLING ANCIENT INTELLIGENT CIVILIZATIONS NON INTELLIGENT FOR WARNING YOU TODAY. We today have seismographs that can predict SOME EARTHQUAKES we have doplar radars that can predict our current weather. So why do many feel the ancients didnt have their own form of detection devices for destruction and new beginings?

[edit on 10/19/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thats good and dandy but nowhere have the mayan said the world was gonna end in 2012. Even the mayan elders are disputing this.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncuncfan2006

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on October 19th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

Not all these so called false prophets are making money either, what about them?

But it does suck that a lot of false prophets are making false prophets by spewing out false prophecies everywhere... Stupid humor i know, sorry

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you think the threads and stuff i have wrote is wrong, you have no idea, i am glad i do not come under the name of anything.

You should never listen to anyone about dates, and other things here. DO you not realize that alot of government peddlers are here too, spewing there filth.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallenearth

Thats good and dandy but nowhere have the mayan said the world was gonna end in 2012. Even the mayan elders are disputing this.

READ MY LAST LINE (DESTRUCTION AND NEW BEGINNINGS)

To some a new beginning is a destruction of an old way of life, just look @ how OBAMA GOT SO MANY AFRAID-REBELLING-HATING-AGAINST HIS ATTEMPTS TO HELP A NATION THAT WAS THROWN TO THE WOLVES BY THE LAST PRES. of the old world old way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think you will find my prophecies correct and closely accurate.

I predicted the DOW would drop to below 6000 weeks before it happened.

I predicted that virtually all of the predictions on ATS would not come true.

So far, I'm batting 1000.

Now, I'm going to predict that this thread will become lost in a week, as in no one will be interested in posting to it.

I predict that there will not be full disclosure on UFOs this year, and next year.

I predict that the DOW will break 12,000 by July 2010.

I predict that the US Treasury and the Congress will begin to reduce the budget deficit next year.

I predict that there will be a return to spiritual values in major American churches before the end of 2009.

In the Old Testament, false prophets were stoned to death. Maybe today they should just be fined $10,000. Oh no, wait, that would put all those little ol' lady psychics out of biz.

That's all, folks! (4now)

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The Maya never predicted anything. The 2012 date is approximately when the ancient calendar would roll over, like the odometer on a car; it did not mean the end -- merely the start of a new cycle.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallenearth

The Maya never predicted anything. The 2012 date is approximately when the ancient calendar would roll over, like the odometer on a car; it did not mean the end -- merely the start of a new cycle.

Read my last line friend I said destruction or new beginnings.

And @ the beginning of the new cycle what is written to occure @ the beginning of the mayan long calander cycle friend , look it up.

[edit on 10/19/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You are tying in Mayan mythology with the 2012 date. They are seperate entitys.

The mayans did not say a new age of creation was happening on 2012 which would mean a destruction of the old one.

The calendar just ends.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This board is filled with many people who believe that imagination = reality.

Almost all posters in the Gray Area feel that if they can imagine it and pretend it's real, then it becomes real. It's a way of thinking, that thought alone creates your reality.

That's what the Gray Area is about.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR
This board is filled with many people who believe that imagination = reality.

Almost all posters in the Gray Area feel that if they can imagine it and pretend it's real, then it becomes real. It's a way of thinking, that thought alone creates your reality.

That's what the Gray Area is about.

Do not label us all in the positive thinkers category lol. Anyone who knows anything knows that dates are a waste of time, in these things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join