It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Four Held in Nick Berg Beheading Case - Unconfirmed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Rumsfield, Cheney, Wolferwitz & Abrams? Cool!!

Amen to this!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here is a quote from Cutwolf which I personally agree with. It's on the topic of showing the footage of the beheading in a school.

Funny how "war is good and war is necessary and we should have gone to Iraq" yet as soon as someone shows the true side of war to the public there is outrage. The purpose of school is to educate. By showing a video that shows the true face of war you are educating the high schoolers (our future) on what war really is.

They could have went about it without a political agenda and made it optional viewing, but showing the video is completely acceptable. By sheltering our youth from the truths of war, war will become depersonalized to them and they won't be able to make the proper decisions in the future regarding war. The only way to make an educated decision on war is to know what war really is.

I commend the teachers showing the video but not how they went about it.

You can read entire thread here

AF1

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's simply amazing that of the five people on the tape, they could identify one of them. Then they capture the other 4, while the one they could identify gets away. I think these are just scapegoats.

joi

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

AF1 I think these are just scapegoats.

I completely agree!
The package is too damn neat...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
It's simply amazing that of the five people on the tape, they could identify one of them. Then they capture the other 4, while the one they could identify gets away. I think these are just scapegoats.

The one who got away must've had a bionic leg, and he legged out
sorry

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
From the 5/18 Daily Coalition Provisional Briefing

www.defenselink.mil...
In the northern area of operations, coalition forces conducted five offensive operations in western Mosul, targeting anti-coalition cell leaders. Four individuals were detained for interrogation along with several weapons.

Stephanie Halasz, CNN. One question regarding Nicholas Berg. We're hearing that there are reports that four arrests were made regarding the killing of Berg. Can you tell us anything about that?

GEN. KIMMITT: We have no information on the coalition that any arrests were made today.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe this is the reason why this story suddenly disappeared.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Back in the NEWS:

FOX Local-WSVN Channel 7
this story is being reported again, saying that 4 men arrested for Berg's murder were Baath party members loyal to Saddam or paramilitaries from Saddam's former regime. The station is saying that men were arrested since last week.

what ever happened to Al-Zarqawi?
of course the one legged guy gets away.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
CNN and FOX are now running this story with a Breaking News Alert.

and when did this story break with Phoenix and Sky News? Hmmmm and the General and Mr. Senor denied knowing of it? hmmmm....

and now these guys are paramilitary? what happened to Al-Qaeda and Al-Zarqawi?

Why can't they ever just tell us the truth and the facts?
arrghhh.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Bump and update with this link,

Iraqis arrest four in Berg beheading

Snip,
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Four people have been detained in the killing of American Nicholas Berg, whose decapitation was captured on videotape, an Iraqi security official and a U.S. military official said Friday. The Iraqi official said the group that killed Berg was led by a relative of Saddam Hussein

could an editor please add this link to the original post and upgade back ATSNN page?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Fox is reporting 2 released, 2 still being held and questioned.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
More on the release:

Boston Herald
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Coalition forces detained four suspects in the Nicholas Berg killing, and two were later released, a U.S. military spokesman said Friday.

The suspects were detained during a raid Wednesday in Baghdad, Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt said at a news conference.

``Coalition forces conducted a raid to capture four individuals suspected of involvement in the Nicholas Berg assassination,'' Kimmitt said. ``Four persons were detained and questioned. Two personnel were released and the other two are still being questioned.

``We may find out that they have no association with the murder but we will continue to question them for some period of time until we are convinced they are innocent,'' Kimmitt said.

He said he did not know the suspects' prior affiliations. The intelligence that led to their arrests came from Iraqi tips, and coalition forces detained the suspects, he said.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Get a load of this, from the MSNBC article:

"...the Iraqi official said, adding that the informant who tipped off authorities was killed by unidentified gunmen the day after the arrests."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Why doesn't absolutely everything about this stink?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
something just ain't right about this story
i'm still curious as how they confirmed Al-Zarqawi and now it's Saddam's guys? i'm missing something here...
btw, is there anyway to make this back into news for today on ATSNN?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
WOW - That was fast ! Almost too fast ????

Serously, doesn't anyone else find it a little convienient that someone is alrady being held over this ?

Are they trying to put this "to bed" quickly ?

I would say that your right and im betting anything theyve got there scapegoats because they know they screwed up and there is alot of talk (of course other than mainstream media) that they screwed up.......

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
oh yeah val.....ya gotta bump em off like they bumped off Ruby and Oswald after kennedys assasination.......yow...!!!!

EDIT NOTE: I HIT EDIT INSTEAD OF QUOTE! AWWWWW! RUN AWAY! -

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
oh yeah val.....ya gotta bump em off like they bumped off Ruby and Oswald after kennedys assasination.......yow...!!!!

But I think this time there wasn't every anybody to bump off because there wasn't any tipster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join