It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Four Held in Nick Berg Beheading Case - Unconfirmed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Four people have been arrested over the beheading of US businessman Nicholas Berg, whose decapitated body was found 10 days ago in Baghdad a senior Iraqi source said today.

News.com.au

"We have made good progress," the source added, referring to the investigation, but declined to give any details on the identity of the four people held in detention.

But it was understood that none of the four included Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who US authorities believe carried out the killing of the 26-year-old who was in Iraq to drum up business for his small telecommunications company.

Sky.com

Yahoo

UPDATE: At the daily press briefing with the military today it was stated that there is no connection between these arrests and the Berg murder. We do not have confirmation at this time one way or the other. - Valhall.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow, looks like someone narc'd on them quick. Guess this didn't play to well in the Arab street. ...

V

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nothing yet on CNN, Fox, BBC or AP - still monitoring......

link   
this should be interesting as it unfolds.
Pakistani insurgents anyone???
you know they couldn't have captured Al-Zarqawi, that would end the Al-Qaeda connection in Iraq.

link   
I know I may get the brunt end of the stick for this but I really don't care.

Too Bad that they are in custody now, they will never receive the justice that they deserve which is to have their damn head sawed off too.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
have them castrated thats my view

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
kinda of strange none of the other media outlets haven't jumped on this yet. Tony Randall's death is still top story on all other outlets.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I can't believe Fox News doesn't have this story yet.
The Fox News Alerts they are showing now are about Tony Randall's death.

Nothing on Reuters yet either.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's possible that they are trying to verify it. Some internet news sources tend to be a little more careless than other when it comes to stories. Not to say this isn't true, im just saying different org's have different rules governing stories.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i've been searching everywhere only Sky is reporting this story and even they don't seem to have much on it. I can't believe I can't find anything else...very strange.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sky is the Sister company of Fox though.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
WOW - That was fast ! Almost too fast ????

Serously, doesn't anyone else find it a little convienient that someone is alrady being held over this ?

Are they trying to put this "to bed" quickly ?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Rumsfield, Cheney, Wolferwitz & Abrams? Cool!!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Don't forget Pearle, Kristol, and Bush!!!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Fox News just issued their first Alert on it.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fox News is now reporting the 4 arrests.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Drudge is linking to a story of the capture at Khaleejtimes
Four Captured

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the general in Iraq just reported in his daily briefing that four men were arrested but there is NO connection to the Berg case.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Im quite happy they made arrests... i saw the tape and it was in human and i feel that the family deserves closure. An arrest would be good . Anyways Cya l8r ---

~EVIL~

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this is something that shows the true nature of man. and most ppl take this as a incident on itself, but in fact it is still related to the iraqi bombing and everything that happened around it.

iraqi rebellions and america are at war. quite simple and i'm sure we'll see more actions like this taking place in the future between these two countries. it's an old struggle that will keep going untill one of the two sides admits "defeat". current president bush is not the kind of guy that will let it rest so will go full force against it.

1. i can understand that because terrorists need to be shown they cant do what they do.
2. a lot of "innocent" people will die on both sides.

so this american died. i can't feel sorry for it. it's a result of the conflict going on. because the american authorities issued a fight against terrorism. this death needs to be concidered as an expected/acceptable loss.

it's just one american. and because of it being just ONE AND AMERICAN we suddenly should feel sorry? sorry but i won't. after all...who felt sorry for the innocent iraqi civilians that died in the last bombing? that news dissapeared rather quickly.

now there are captives of the last "war" and those got treated badly. well they are terrorists and should be dealt with. then again these prisoners, how "bad" they might be. they still got human rights. so i can see where these rebels are coming from with their last footage. Personally I would've tried a more sublte approach then beheading someone to get a point across. but they are in a different atmosphere, constantly under attack so you will have to show the opposition that you're serious. and that is what they did.

people call it barbaric. well so is war in general. and everything goes in war, i can't remember someone saying "sorry i killed your civilians'. there are no rules. and saying you would re-pay the rebels with equal coin will just show you're no hair better then them. we're all barbarians in one way or another. I'd like to see how you would perform when being under constant attack, stress. surely you wouldn't try to come with a more subtle approach to deal with. instead you'd act more by instinct

like stalin said "1 death is a tragedy and a thousand is a statistic". it is sad, but it's true.

this 1 american is top page news while the death of a few hundred during a railroad defect is mentioned in a small bulletin on the 4th page. now that is wrong.

I'll be following the news on this as well. but i doubt i'll be changing my mind. and i think both sides are in the bad and people need to open their eyes instead of gullibly following the news and saying "oohh, aahhh this is bad. I feel violated".

I also think that the 4 man captured don't have anything to do with this. they are just used to pin things on so this issue can be dropped asap and give some form of relief to the family of the beheaded american.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Enyalius]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join