It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Blast Illegal Alien Costume

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Several well-known chain stores have halted sales of an "illegal alien" Halloween costume after complaints from immigrant-rights activists.

The costume includes an orange jumpsuit similar to prison garb, with ILLEGAL ALIEN stamped across the chest, a "green card" and a space alien mask.

Activists began complaining Friday when they learned the costume was being sold in stores or on Web sites of retailers including Target, Walgreen's and Amazon. The costume was priced between $27.49 and $39.99.

The costume makes a "mockery of the status of millions of immigrants in need of immigration reform," said Jorge Mujica of Chicago, an activist with the group March 10th Committee.

Chicago Tribune article

Dagummit!
These activists have ruin my plans for Halloween.
I was wanting to purchase one of these costumes but now they're getting pulled from the racks.

I guess now I'll have to look for Frito Bandito costume instead.

BTW, this story and the costume kinda reminds me of one of my previous avatars.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow if you are gonna get one you better get it quick. In my opinion it is just plain silly and quite childish to get upset over something like this. I think this is what im gonna be for holloween now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lmfao... I think its hillarious.

My favorite part isn't the costume but the line from the article "immigrants in need of immigration reform" lol.

Personally I think the costume sounds retarded, but not nearly as retarded as the complaints. Welcome to America, where we like political satire. Apparently our illegal mexican friends cannot handle that?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I doesn't offend me (I'm Mexican). Hypocrisy is something I cant stand though, on both sides of the subject. It doesn't offend me, but if they were putting Nazi or KKK costumes out there people would not be handling it so well. Or what if they dressed like soldiers with legs blown off or dressed like terrorists. I would not be offended of any of those things... but thats not what it's about now is it?

As human beings we owe each other a great deal of prudence and respect, even to our enemies.

“I consider it a mark of great prudence in a man to abstain from threats or any contemptuous expressions, for neither of these weaken the enemy, but threats make him more cautious, and the other excites his hatred, and a desire to revenge himself” --Niccolo Machiavelli--

[edit on 10/19/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
More here...

ATS Link Here...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What a joke
Really, a alien in a jump suit saying illegal alien and immigrants are upset? Oh illegal aliens are upset about being illegal? The et's should be mad about being made to look bad by these "aliens". It's not their fault they are here illegally?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This is very positive support for illegal immigrants.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
im struggling with the them worrying about hurting the feelings of people here illegally.

plus come on. it's not like it comes with a foo man choo 'stache, its a greys head. boo on PC

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have seen orange prison jumpsuits as costumes for years.

Ok, adding the illegal alien is a new twist....

The issue is illegal's should be in jail until they can be deported.

There is nothing wrong with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
These activists need to put more time into getting thier constituents on the path to legal immigration status instead of worrying about something as retarded as this. PC gone wild.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
These activists need to put more time into getting thier constituents on the path to legal immigration status instead of worrying about something as retarded as this.

Actually, I'm glad they are distracted. No illegal immigrant should be given a green card. Deportation.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I understand and agree with your sentiment, however thanks to the continued mishandling and partisan to and fro of immigration total deportation is all but a pipedream. Rounding up 40+million illegals isn't going to happen and, an ICE raid is going to be on the losing side of the numbers game. Deport 22 and 150 clear the border before the deportees are even out of the holding cell. We need someone who is actually going to sit down and work this problem rather than just saying "blanket amnesty". Unfortunatley I don't see this person anywhere in today's political landscape.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I guess if the second alien's movie, the one with the space marines, had been made now it would have created a crap storm too.
Any one remember that line that the Bill Paxton character said, very paraphrased, "She thought they said Illegal aliens please sign up"
Racism disclaimer
I'm not a racist watch Aliens it's in the script.

top topics

join