It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: Israeli Spy Devices Caused Lebanon Blasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

UN: Israeli Spy Devices Caused Lebanon Blasts

www.voanews.com

A United Nations probe into mysterious blasts in southern Lebanon indicates Israel had planted spying devices in the area during its war against Hezbollah.

There are conflicting reports as to whether the devices were booby-trapped or detonated by remote-control upon discovery.

Hezbollah also accused Israel of planting the spying devices.

In response, the Israeli army issued a statement late Sunday accusing Hezbollah of trying to divert attention from the militant group's violations of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.jpost.com
www.haaretz.com

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

UN peacekeepers discovered the buried devices when they were blown up by remote control by Israel on Sunday.

Not surprised at all as i'm sure neither are you.
I just wonder what else were they behind?

Here in Montreal, it was found that Israel has been spying on Canadians as well in the subway system.

There's cameras all over Montreal's subway system installed by companies with strong affiliations with israeli spy agencies.

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Israel has the most agressive spy network in the United States. Every branch of government has been infiltrated and every law enforcement agency has been infiltrated.

Many government computer systems have been compromised as well through software manufactured by firms with ties to Israel's intelligence agency, and many network systems have been found to have back doors in them allowing access to key U.S. Government computers by Israelis.

The world clearly has an Israel problem and I for one reccomend a 12 step program that includes 'kicking' the habit cold turkey!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
While i am 100 percent sure that Israel spies on Lebanon, and accept the possibility that it was just as UN describes it - why on Earth Israel would spy on Canadians in Montreal subway?
Can you at least show the link for that? I do not agree with my tax payers money being used on spying on totally innocent Canadians for God knows what purpose instead of placing better-quality devices in Lebanon.
And ProtoplasmicTraveler - world has a paranoia and prejudice problem much more serious then any Israeli "problem" can be. I know that you would not believe it but for some individuals seeing word "Israeli" automatically blocks any critical thought process and spies and compromised software/hardware start to appear in every corner. Care to remind me how many Israeli spies were caught in US and how many spies from ,say, Philippines. Also You do not seem to be bothered that UK also was caught. Who cares, right? It is not Israeli word.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Same type of deflection and misdirection one would expect from some one defending the indefensible. These arguments are akin to saying but your honor, I am not the first person to rob 1st national bank, and it's wrong to center the trial on my crimes when others have committed worse crimes. I should be excused given lunch money and bus fare home while the Court attends to these more serious and other offenders.

It is a known fact that Israel runs the most agressive spy ring in the United States. Many people have been convicted of spying for Israel here in the United States, does the name Johnathon Pollard ring a bell to you?

The U.K.'s spying is intollerable as well, however for some reason some people have a hard time understanding that threads about Israel are...actually about Israel.

Of course some people would prefer there be no threads about Israel that cast it in a bad light, so they like to change the topic and point fingers elsewhere.

This is probably because they are intent on people having Zero Knowledge.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well then show me the "known fact". That Israel runs most aggressive spy ring in the universe thingy.
If you mean "200 Israeli spies", "majority from intelligence and demolition" and other nonsense - did you read the original DEA report? Doubt it. Here , enjoy. I just read it while preparing to ,how you put it , "defend the indefensible".
www.911-strike.com...
Count with me how many ex-military intelligence soldiers were there, how many demolition and such. Majority.... Yeh..... And then tell me how am i wrong in saying that for some (hmmm) once they hear "Israel" - ability to think (and count) properly disappears.
And while i think that something fishy did happen there - i doubt that it was more then some scam attempt. I personally met one guy who was selling some stuff first in Japan and after Japanese police pushed them out, they were planning to go for US malls. He was usual crook selling suspiciously cheap Chinese stuff (i think that what did not go through quality control even in China). And he was describing how in Japan it was hard for people to refuse to buy something due to cultural issues and how they used it. Anyway - some material in this report is nonsense. I had a good laugh several times. Like:

Aran OFEK stated that his father was a retired two-star general in the Israeli Army. (NFI). (ISP note: Israel recently launched its 5th spy satellite, identified as the OFEK 5. It is unknown if the name of the satellite and these persons is related.)

Ofek means horizon. Come on. "unknown"....
Or this:

the U.S. Marshals Service subsequently found the BEZALEL ACADEMY OF ARTS AND DESIGN in Jerusalem via the Intemet. The telephone number is 011-972-2589-3333; website www.bezalel.ac.il. The Tampa DO has copies of all of the above reports, photographs, and identification.

Boy it was hard. Good that they found Mossad academy of art.
Anyway - how many Israeli spies were exposed in report? I did not find a single mention. Maybe you will be more lucky, with "attacking" the "indefensible". How many Israeli spies working on US soil were exposed? Aggressive rings or gentle kittens, all together, ha? Facts are not empty accusations.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Me thinketh thou does protest to much friend.

The Israeli spy network is vast and agressive. That you would like to pretend otherwise is neither here nor there.

The truth whether denied, hidden or burried or in the light of the day remains as always the truth.

I myself know and have identified many Isreali Intelligence operatives here in the United States.

They are rather common and plentiful in certain areas.

Why you wish to pretend otherwise I haven't a clue!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yeah. Protest too much..... Of course, why would i protest? You identified scores of Israeli spies and their agressive rings ,all in just this hour. Good for you. Propaganda rocks, facts are just useless interference,if you take a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually come to believe it, right? Have fun with your own crusade.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Actually my highly biased friend, yet another arrest has just been made of a top level scientist spying for the Israeli Government and is in the headlines today.

Those of us who don't read our news from D.C. Comics actually take note of these things!

So much for your argument. I feel for you really I do, obviously you have a passion for Isreal, but Israel is not America's 51st State and if it was America's 51st State the situation in Palestine would never stand.

Israel spends a lot of time and so does it's supporters trying to highlight the similarities between the cultures and the peoples and the governments of the U.S.A. and Israel but the fact remains the dissimilar things are striking and thought provoking and a matter of a lot of concern for critical minds.

Spying by Israel on the U.S.A. would be one of the most major ones and once again yet another arrest has been made regarding a major Israeli spy case in the last 24 hours.

It is what it is my friend and blaming Americans for Israel's poor judgement and actions does not make Israel's judgement any sounder or actions any better or more noble.

The strong arm tactics are just causing Israel to loose friends in America at an alarming rate.

Humble is typically the way beggars chose to go and with all the aide Israel lobbies constantly for from the American Government and Tax Payers it is definately a beggar and a charity case.

Sadly in to many Israelis and Zionists minds they take an extortionists approach to their need for charity instead of a humble and engratiating one.

That is once more why Israel is loosing more and more of its American friends at an alarming rate.

Of course that's just one more thing for you to deny.

De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt it clearly flows through the heart of Israel too.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Actually my highly biased friend, yet another arrest has just been made of a top level scientist spying for the Israeli Government and is in the headlines today.

See - this is what i meant by saying that some people see Israel and all around becomes red with rage. Read the story. FBI agent that claimed he is from Mossad approached non-Jewish ex-NASA scientist and offered to buy technology. How you involved in it Israeli government - only person as unbiased as you can answer.
Again - facts are important. God is in details. Do not let the rage blind you ,unless you are not interested in facts.
Take deep breath, and read about this case again.
news.theage.com.au...
quote that might interest you. Especially since i replaced Is...el word with Miami. Hope it will make it easier to get the idea without being blinded by rage stuff:

Stewart Nozette, 52, was apprehended after a sting operation involving an undercover FBI agent, the Department of Justice said, adding that there was no wrongdoing by Miami.

Guess i will not hear from you saying "oops, i was wrong" at least in this though. Crusades need blind faith, not judgement.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Guess i will not hear from you saying "oops, i was wrong" at least in this though. Crusades need blind faith, not judgement.

Guess you were right!

One thing that does intrigue me about that case - why did they pose as an Israeli agent?

Why not Russian, Cuban, Chinese, Iranian, or one of the US's actual enemies instead of a friendly nation?

I'm just wondering if there's another agenda here that we're missing. We all know that Israel's enemies within the US will have a field day with this story, and the Feds must have known it too when they made that decision?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

UN peacekeepers discovered the buried devices when they were blown up by remote control by Israel on Sunday.

You lie my friend. This "quoted" text you include in your post isn't in the article you cite to. You bracket this BS opinion as an external source assuming that people don't actually read the articles you cite and try to pass off your opinion as fact.

You have no credibility. As for the "spy" devices left behind, so what. From your article:

Israel launched the assault on Lebanon after Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers and killed three others in a cross-border raid. Hezbollah fired more than 4,000 rockets at Israel during the war.

I think Israel has an interest to know what Hezbollah is doing at the border as they have shown their predilection to start a conflict with a sovereign nation. Hezbollah started the war, and Israel finished it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Everybody spies on everybody. So what ?

Counter-espionage is much more entertaining !

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
Everybody spies on everybody. So what ?

Counter-espionage is much more entertaining !

Really do they all use black mail and extortion to get the information?

Edmonds claims that much of the Pentagon information found its way into the hands of both Israeli and Turkish operatives through the State Department, courtesy of Marc Grossman, then assistant secretary of state for political affairs, the third-highest ranking member at State. As she described in her Aug. 8 testimony, “certain people from Pentagon would send a list of individuals with access to sensitive data, whether weapons technology or nuclear technology, and this information would include all their sexual preference, how much they owed on their homes, if they have gambling issues, and [Grossman] would provide it to these foreign operatives, and those foreign operatives would go and hook those Pentagon people.”

Military.com

The fact of the matter is Israel has a huge organized and highly aggressive spy ring operating in the United States.

That some Americans? And I do question the American part in some don't find that disturbing or alarming just makes me thankful they too don't work for our corrupted government that leaks secrets and money at the American citizen's expense like a sieve.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

You lie my friend. This "quoted" text you include in your post isn't in the article you cite to.

No I don't lie
that is from one of the related news links I posted

first paragraph from the BBC News link

don't feel too bad about it though

[edit on 21-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

top topics

join