It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
Also, what does Neo ask him in the beginning? Neo: What truth? Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. That you, like everyone else, was born into bondage... kept inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch - a prison for your mind.

Come on. FREE YOUR MIND.

I could go on for days here. Oath Keepers is a start but there are many organizations and groups that are trying very hard to educate the public, if the public will listen!!! Stop going to movie theaters, stop giving in and SAY NO.

Do you see the irony here? You use a movie as an illistration to help us FREE OUR MINDS and then on the other hand tell us to "Stop going to movie theaters.

You do realize that "The Matrix" was a movie, written mainly to make money and not present some body of esoteric knowledge?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2009 by The Wilderness Wino]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wilderness Wino
reply to post by Janky Red

Huge difference , and one that has driven some "critical thinkers" right off the deep end...

The people of the Third Reich pledged loyalty to a person.

OathKeepers pledge loyalty to documents (U S Constitution and Bill of Rights) ONLY.
A foundation for Representative Government which was so ingeniously written as to allow for Individual Sovereignty and Rule of Law.

Maybe you are aware of such Inalienable Rights?
You know, the rights that were bestowed upon us by our Creator.

What your idea does not reference is the human element TM.
I twill not be the measured folks pounding the war drum or firing the rounds off, war favors polar extremes and usually puts the most fanatical folks in leadership rolls because they have true passion.

In fact fighting for a document can prove to be disastrous as well, just as in religion but transposed to war. Then the question is who has the power - "the book, the priest or the congregation?". Will this insurrection fail to address the major role big business has in this dysfunction? Probably not, as it will fall under free market wonders no doubt, ultimately the entire thing will be for not.

Address the warden but protect the guard towers

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wilderness Wino
reply to post by djusdjus

By the way...
Please go to the mirror and take a long look at one highly unstable and very ignorant human being!?!
The hate that you so desperately try to hide and attemt to project on to others is oozing from the greasy, infected, pustulace that is your soul.
Hate, Hate, Hate

Don't take my word for it, just read the words that you yourself have penned here.

Back to the Ghost Dance

Hey hey hey now, infected pustulace? Aw no, that's just not right,
All that volleying back and forth with insults sure does shine a ray of hope and unity on us all now, doesnt it? We the people? United?
No sir, we're not.
I say I believe the gangrene mentioned in a prior post has most surely spread.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

So far you've accused these people of un-American sabotage, having an agenda of anti-Americanism, and an agenda of un-American activities.

Could you please clarify just what exactly is so un-American about these Oath Keepers ? What have they done, or what do they propose to do that is anti-American ?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wilderness Wino

Thats odd, I was thinking that those insults were aimed at me, or maybe it was the both of us.
I did ask him what he had done for our country and I did not get a reply.
He seems anxious to throw insults at people over what he perceives they reveal about themselves while at the same time revealing nothing about himself. Quite the snipper.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is a beautiful thing!

Yes, i'm sure they are being watched by "Big Bro", but guess what? The point is, they get overwhelmed watching too many groups, with too many people, and run their stupid reports, and figure out they cannot control the masses.

There should be more of these groups, and yes, they should be tracked. Then, the people will truly have power.

Who is afraid of who? Thats what needs to be changed for freedom to continue.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wilderness Wino

Sometimes people say stuff, just to bait and pull out anger, then step back after and say "see, see how you are"?
I just find it counter productive, I like good topics, with good writing and content.
Oath Keepers.....good topic, Obama and the Congress are members,..
...........arent they?

Article 4 Sec 4
The congress of the United States Shall Guarantee to every State in this union a Republican form of government and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the Executive (when the legislature can not be convened) against domestic violence.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Being watched by big brother is a PLUS. Think about it, small, discreet and polite things are not going to help. And its always been critical, after all had we won our freedom from elite bloodlines years ago, many lives in the middle east and around the world in countless countries would be spared.

Do something outrageous. I have been googling and am trying to work up the courage to seek pro bono legal advice of people's courts, like in the wild west and still done in some parts of the world, were even a retired judge may reside over a citizen's arrest. And then put that, and other things right out in the open and under their noses, with letters greeting all paid for toadies on the site, and challenging to be real hero's for a day and speak up and stand with the people too!

We need to think big, ideas that are large and bold.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

First, let me say that I really enjoyed your post and the intelligence in which it was presented. I agree with a lot of what you said. As a 53 year old man in America having been raised in, at least what I perceived as freedom, and having served in the armed forces, and still serving as LEO, I would have a problem giving up my perceived freedom if that is the result of change. Otherwise, I do not have a problem with change and an evolving culture/society.
You are right, change is inevitable, but at what cost to mine and your current remaining freedoms that we enjoy.
What should we be willing to give up to accommodate change? Our free speech, our freedom to assemble, the right to bear arms, or how about our freedom of religion?
Now, I realize that we are only as free as "they" lead us to believe we are. But as of right now I still have all the freedoms that I mentioned above. Right now government and I are neighbors that tolerate one another. I will continue to be a good neighbor as long as we can have mutual respect for one another. But, if they allow there dog to poop on my manicured lawn and continue to do so after I have asked them nicely to stop, then that presents another problem.
Am I and the rest of us that attend this site and many like it being watched? Absolutely! However, I don't see that as a problem for non-radicals like myself, and maybe they should be watching for the lunitic fringe.
So let change come, as it must be, but don't poop on my lawn.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

READY TO REVOLT: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

www.lvrj.com

the group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities. By refusing the latter order, the Oath Keepers hope to prevent cities from becoming "giant concentration camps," a scenario the 44-year-old Rhodes says he can envision happening in the coming years.

It's a Cold War-era nightmare vision with a major twist: The occupying forces in this imagined future are American, not Soviet.

"The whole point of Oath Keepers is to stop a dictatorship from ever happening he
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit: removed all caps in title

[edit on 19 Oct 09 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
[

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
apparently I am getting warned in regards to this thread and so, I leave you to it.

I would assess that ats is NOT open to people expressing their views and would prefer to have a membership who is just reacting to posts and saying nice and flowery things to others even when it is highly offensive.

fine. it's your website ats. you can run it as you like. I'm out on this thread, it's ridiculous in scope anyway.

ill go back to looking at videos of smudges on windows while someone desprately trys to convince me theyr've been abducted.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

So far you've accused these people of un-American sabotage, having an agenda of anti-Americanism, and an agenda of un-American activities.

Could you please clarify just what exactly is so un-American about these Oath Keepers ? What have they done, or what do they propose to do that is anti-American ?

I just lost a large post to clicking on the banner at the top by mistake. So I'll get to the chase. There are a lot of problems with the '10 Orders'. They sound like Motherhood and Apple Pie on the surface but under scrutiny many of them are dangerous.

The ten orders they won't obey potentially preclude them from serving in natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricane recovery, medical disasters like epidemic quarantines, political disasters such as race riots, training foreign troops to serve in their own country and to better inter-operate with American forces, etc.

But this is the real kicker: this quote, from Oath Keepers founder, Stewart Rhodes, in the article linked in the original post, is specifically un-American and borderline seditious:

"We say if the American people decide it's time for a revolution, we'll fight with you."

There is no equivocation here. Rhodes is announcing that he is ready to lead an armed insurrection. He doesn't have any restrictions or definition of whether or not the insurrection is 'justified' or not, he just wants in on the action. That is just about as un-American as an American can get.

The 10 orders he will refuse are a manifesto for picking and choosing what law he will obey. This attitude is anti-civilized society in general, and specifically un-American.

[edit on 21/10/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I sure do, no body of esoteric knowledge, why would there be? I know it was made to make money, but some of these "people" who make movies do so to "tempt" to try and wake up society. Everything has to be done subtly, slowly. And BTW, I watched it at a friends house, he had the DVD. I do not go to theaters but watch movies my friends find interesting. So yea, no need to go to the theater. And some of the movies out there ARE made to have hidden messages in them. They show "some" of the intentions of the Elite and Illuminati, then they gauge the public reaction to see "who" is paying attention and how many.

Is that so hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

The fact that I was scared to sign up and hesitated is the exact reason I did!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
my advice to them:

don't quit your day job, fellas

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Once again a fine display of "critical thinking" ...

Does Rhodes state the this fight we are going to join in will be a rush to armed conflict?

NO!

I believe that the "fight" that he eludes to will of course start out as political.
Let's just hope it can be compromised on and ended in that arena.

Maybe there are dangerous factions within the group, I however see mostly patriotic individuals, reaffirming their oaths.

Please cease with the "insurrection" accusations, the oathkeepers will defend the Constitution...
the "insurrection" naturally has to come from those operating outside of the Rule of Law, NOT from within!

Back to the Ghost Dance

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join