It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

READY TO REVOLT: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

www.lvrj.com

the group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities. By refusing the latter order, the Oath Keepers hope to prevent cities from becoming "giant concentration camps," a scenario the 44-year-old Rhodes says he can envision happening in the coming years.

It's a Cold War-era nightmare vision with a major twist: The occupying forces in this imagined future are American, not Soviet.

"The whole point of Oath Keepers is to stop a dictatorship from ever happening he
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit: removed all caps in title

[edit on 19 Oct 09 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
With all that's been happening around the world over the last few years, this may have come a little late for some who have already lost their lives by going to fight in a war that the then President lied about in order to start.

That aside, we need more groups like this in every country.

Groups who monitor the police, the armed forces and the orders they are given

Who is an oath sworn to?
The country, the head of state or a politician usually out to feather their own nest?

If an oath is sworn to the sovereign of a country or to the country itself, why shouldn't troops and peacekeepers disobey unlawfull orders?

Police are public servants, meaning they work for US - not for whichever politician happens to be in charge.

It's about time this was re-visited and made into a big deal - until TPTB either get the message or show their true colours...

www.lvrj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow, you both posted at the exact same time lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure which one to post in, so I guess I will post in both.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well I hope someone does something quick while there is still a America. Im ready mentaly and phyically, I hope. Im just ready to fight.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
S & F and bumping up to top, as budski beat me to the punch on this interesting subject.

This is one to keep an eye on folks! This organization appears to be gaining momentum and members, and may find itself in TPTB's cross-hairs soon...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Good to see this group around. Im going to post it in my facebook. Even though Im neither military or police, I will also try and join the organization to try and help out in any way possible. Soliders need help too!

Flagged for sure

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Well I hope someone does something quick while there is still a America. Im ready mentaly and phyically, I hope. Im just ready to fight.

How do you identify the enemy? Please, a precise answer? Not some nebulous "anyone that tries to take away my freedom"

What does your enemy look like that you want to fight?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I know you didn't ask my specifically, but I would guess viewing c-span would be a good start...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That's one of the biggest problems IMO.

An element that is ingrained into every part of society and government but is intent on working against the populace is hard to identify as it sounds like pretty much the average public servant.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You mean you have alot of built up rage and you want an excuse to be violent?

If you want to fight against an idea, you better start now. There are all types of tools at your disposal. Voting comes to mind. Getting publicity to the leaders you want in office. Ever tried that? Or is that not violent enough of a revolution?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Let's remember problem-reaction-solution...if these oath keepers get a taste of power, why are they less likely to be corrupted than any other group of patriots-types? What if they are a set up? One thing I have learned from watching this country and world history is it is best to trust no one, judge by deeds not rhetoric.

For now it's all just hot air. Let's see them in action.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Honestly..I don't think we'll ever see one in America..
If it does happen, America will be blown up into something we are foreign to seeing...It would be a totally different looking country..

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How do you identify the enemy? Please, a precise answer? Not some nebulous "anyone that tries to take away my freedom"

What does your enemy look like that you want to fight?

Originally posted by JohnnyR
reply to post by whaaa

I know you didn't ask my specifically, but I would guess viewing c-span would be a good start...

Great!! And after we kill all those fat guys in suits that wear silly glasses we can go to their homes and kill their kids and wives and pets.

The French Revolution certainly worked out well for the French.

We need to be real careful that some of those suit guys might just be like used car salesmen or work as an accountant. What the hell, let's just killem all and let God sortem out.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"READY TO REVOLT" What a BS headline....

That's a misleading headline. Read the article, there's no mention of starting a revolution. It's about upholding the oath that all servicemen and law enforcement have to take, and this would be done by refusing to carry out unconstitutional orders.

Steward Rhodes, the founder, is ex-special forces and a lawyer. Where's the conspiracy?....

Here's a quote from the local HSA head:

Las Vegas police Lt. Kevin McMahill said his department's homeland security bureau isn't overly concerned with Oath Keepers at this point, even though Rhodes says several active-duty Las Vegas officers are members of the group.

"I wouldn't classify Oath Keepers as no threat at all, but I wouldn't classify them as a threat either," McMahill said. "There's always a chance an individual can step outside the boundaries of what an organization stands for and do something wrong."

But this loner is in organization solely comprised by cops and ex-military. Good Luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Honestly, these Oath Keepers are dreaming of American Revolutionary glory and thinking along the lines of someone in the 18th century and not the 21st.

Do they really think the people that pull the puppet strings will just allow a dictator to come to power in the US when it's so much easier to swap suits from different parties and keep the illusion of the democratic process in place?

It always hits a nerve with me that these groups (Liberal, Conservative, whatever) pop up and claim these lofty moral highgrounds and have these wonderful Hollywood-type mission statements, but do you ever see them come together and try to actually change the system with a third party candidate?

That is the real challenge. To uphold the Constitution by breaking the deadlock the two parties have on our country and tearing down the lobbyist system instilled into Washington. Anything else is either going to be toothless threats or domestic terrorism.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Legal, civil restraint. Disobediance, more people should dissobey.

The people, united, will never be defeated.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs

You mean you have alot of built up rage and you want an excuse to be violent?

If you want to fight against an idea, you better start now. There are all types of tools at your disposal. Voting comes to mind. Getting publicity to the leaders you want in office. Ever tried that? Or is that not violent enough of a revolution?

Have you been a registered voter for your entire adult life and voted in every election? Have you sent letters to your congressmen that never get replies? Or if they are replied to, they are the equivalent of a pat on the head and a condescending smile?

If so, then you know that no, it is not enough to do those things, because they are largely impotent. People siting back and believing that they're vote matters, and sending letters to their reps, and BELIEVING it has made a difference is by part what has gotten our great Country into the mess its in now. If there were more direct action taken in the recent past, present and future, maybe there would be a ray of hope for the survival of our society.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Have you been a registered voter for your entire adult life and voted in every election? Have you sent letters to your congressmen that never get replies? Or if they are replied to, they are the equivalent of a pat on the head and a condescending smile?

You can also start grassroots movements, use the internet (it is a level playing field) for support of your ideas and ideals, and heres the big one: Run for office yourself.
Even if its city council or mayor, its getting in the system and being able to effect change.

Why is it people whom complain about "the man" never decide to go and make changes anyhow...the answer is, they do. Almost every person you see in an elected office was a person whom felt passionately (at least at one point) about the country they live in and certain ideals..they made it their life to try and effect change.
Now, some lost that love and now just stick in it for the power/bribes/a steady paycheck, and those are the ones that need to be voted out.

So, if you truely are fed up with how things are, and want to revolt...get those banners ready and start your campaign for office, local or otherwise...or find someone whom you do believe in and help him/her out to get office.

Otherwise, what you wrote of voting and sending letters, well, thats all you can do...oh, and of course yack about it on forums on the internet if that makes you feel better.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The real solution ... Hold Politicians responsible for their campaign promises, Dont fulfill them? executed... that will thin the liars and the braggarts... just a thought really but i mean hey it would work

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Legal, civil restraint. Disobediance, more people should dissobey.

The people, united, will never be defeated.

Except if the people are united by apathy and ignorance. If people can't trouble themselves to finish high school, how are they going to go about overthrowing the government in a grassroots coup orchestrated by retired local cops who probably spend their days eating snacks and watching Fox News?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join