It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you like to go to a Space Security and Defense Conference ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Do you live in or close to Las Vegas NV ? Would you be interested in going to a Space Security and Defense Conference ?

I found this very interesting conference description and registration form and thought sense I am to far away to go to this perhaps there is someone out there in ATS land that does live a bit closer and would like to go to this conference . If one of you out there is able to go then perhaps you can report your findings back to us ?

I will post the info page as it is found here www.ttcus.com...

About The Conference

SPACE SECURITY AND DEFENSE: Critical Missions, Needs and Programs

The United States is dependent on space assets to sustain economic prosperity and support military operations worldwide. Exploitation of outer space has provided the United States with distinct competitive and strategic advantages. America's reliance on space has also created vulnerabilities in defense strategies that assume U.S. Space Control. Adversaries have cited a reliance on space as the potential Achilles Heel of U.S. military power. It is vital that the myriad of threats be addressed to avoid future scenarios where America?s freedom of action is taken away. Ensuring space security and defense missions are achieved has become a top priority. What roles will your organization fulfill to ensure this takes place?

This outstanding conference will examine major space security and defense programs, plans, needs, opportunities and missions facing the United States. Space systems and technologies will play critical roles in future combat operations, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, missile defense, communications, homeland security, anti-terrorism, space exploration and more.

What are OSD, USAF, USN, and USA needs in space?

What capabilities and systems are needed to protect U.S. space operations?

What are the critical needs for attaining Space Situational Awareness?

What are the newest innovations, applications and opportunities in the space security and defense sector?

These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this important two-day event.

Our Panel of Distinguished Space Experts

Mr. Gary E. Payton - Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space Programs

VADM Carl V. Mauney - Deputy Commander, US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)

RADM Liz Young - Program Executive Officer, Space Systems PEO, USN

Colonel Thomas Doyne - Deputy, Space Programs, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for C3, Space Spectrum (ODASD/C3)

Colonel Tim Coffin - Chief of Staff & J3 for JFCC Space, Vandenberg AFB

Colonel Shawn Barnes - Commander, 595th Space Group, Schriever AFB

Colonel Richard Boltz - Commander, 614 AOC/JSpOC, Vandenberg AFB

Colonel Stephen Butler - Chief, Space Situational Awareness & C2, HQ/AFSC, Peterson AFB

Mr. David Anhalt Senior - Director, Special Programs, Advanced Programs Group, Orbital Sciences

Dr. Peter Wegner - Director, Operationally Responsive Space Office, Kirtland AFB

Mr. Joseph Rouge - Director, National Security Space Office

Mr. Pete Mahan - TENCAP Architecture for the Army Space Program Office

Dr. Steve Pierce - Studies & Analysis Division, SMDC, US Army

BGEN (ret) Duane Deal - Senior Vice President, National Security Programs, SGT, Inc.

Mr. Richard McCormick - Special Assistant for Space, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency

Dr. Joe Suter - Managing Executive, Space Department, JHU/APL

Ms. Kay Sears - President, Intelsat General

Mr. Paul Lithgow - President, Comtech AeroAstro, Inc.

Mr. Jeff Kueter - President, The George Marshall Institute

Mr. John Landon - Corporate Vice President for Space, Northrop Grumman

Mr. Tommy Brazie - VP & Director, Space Control & Missile Defense, ITT Space

Mr. Carl Bannar - VP & General Manager, Technical Operations, Lockheed Martin

Mr. Marc J. Berkowitz - Vice President, Advanced Concepts, Lockheed Martin

Ms. Corinne Kaplan - Vice President, Space, EADS North America

Mr. Jim Simpson - Vice President, Business Development for Space Intelligence Systems, Boeing

Mr. Richard DalBello - Vice President, Legal & Government Affairs, Intelsat, Inc.

Mr. Rupak Biswas - Division Chief, NASA Advanced Supercomputing Division, NASA Ames

What's your take on this ? Have you ever herd of such a conference before , ever attend one before ?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I used to live in Las Vegas...

Well, this sounds too militaristic and USA-centric for my tastes, so even if I was living there, the only reason I would be interested is merely for any data I might not have.

Can't say I have heard of such a conference before...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Having been to the NAB in vegas once before, I can tell you those conferences are not as cool as they sound, haha.

however, considering this is about SPACE defense, I can guarantee you there will be security out the wazoo. im sure the NSA will be there but very hard to see.

all of the really cool lectures will be invite only, and you might as well be an astrophysist to even get through the door.

Im sure they will have a cool exposition floor with alot of neat areospace companies displaying their latest GPS configurations and stuff like that, but it almost sounds like a trade show, which usually centers around products that are still in the R&D phase.

new topics

join