It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru and Doomsday 2012: Q&A with NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many of you will have read the following article posted on NASA's "ask an astrobiologist" section of the web-site. The article covers, in suprising depth many popular questions regarding Nibiru / Planet X. Interesting they also answer their silence on issue, claiming (wisely imo) that it is not their job to do so, and that the burden of proof lies with those who have spread the rumor.

The article:Nibiru and Doomsday according to NASA

Some excerpts:

10. What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours? Does this have something to do to do with our solar system dipping beneath the galactic equator?

A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. It has never happened and never will. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway. But they falsely claim that a magnetic reversal is coming soon (in 2012) and that this is the same as, or will trigger, a reversal of rotational poles. The bottom line is: (a) Rotation direction and magnetic polarity are not related. (b) There is no reason to expect a reversal of magnetic polarity any time soon, or to anticipate any bad effects on life when it does eventually happen. © A sudden shift in rotational pole with disastrous consequences is impossible. Also, none of this has anything to do with the galactic equator or any of the other nonsense about alignments that appears on many of the conspiracy theory websites.

14. I have heard that the Earth’s magnetic field will flip in 2012 just when the strongest level of solar storms in history is predicted to take place. Will this kill us or destroy our civilization?

Near solar maximum (which happens every 11 years approximately), there are many more solar flares and coronal mass ejections than near solar minimum. Flares and mass ejections are no danger for humans or other life on Earth. They could endanger astronauts in deep space or on the Moon, and this is something that NASA must learn to deal with, but it is not a problem for you or me. Large outbursts can interrupt radio transmission, cause bright displays of the aurora (Northern and Southern Lights), and damage the electronics of some satellites in space. Today many satellites are designed to deal with this possibility, for example by switching off some of their more delicate circuits and going into a “safe” mode for a few hours. In extreme cases solar activity can also disrupt electrical transmissions on the ground, possibly leading to electrical blackouts, but this is rare. The last solar maximum occurred in 2001, so the next one was predicted for around 2012, 11 years later. However, the most recent solar minimum was unusual, with a period of a couple of years with almost no sunspots or other indications of solar activity, so scientists now guess that the next maximum will be delayed, perhaps to 2013. However, the details of the solar cycle remain basically unpredictable. You are correct that the Earth’s magnetic field protects us by creating a large region in space, called the Earth’s magnetosphere, within which most of the material ejected from the Sun is captured or deflected, but there is no reason to expect a reversal of magnetic polarity any time soon. These magnetic reversals happen only once in 400,000 years on average.

The end result seems a fairly thorough rebuttal. I'd be curious to see how those of you believe there will be an event respond.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Im sure NASA will tell us if they see Nibiru. After all, always fun with a little mass panic. No?

The end result seems a fairly thorough rebuttal. I'd be curious to see how those of you believe there will be an event respond.

They lie for reasons mentioned above.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

You may be right. In their own words they claim:

There are many objectives of government, but they do not include keeping the population at ease.

Time will tell on that issue.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Stop saying they are lying. Thats such a comp out. DISPUTE the facts they are giving of why their is no Nibiru instead of just saying OH THEIR LYING. Its on the believers to show the facts and prove that what Nasa says is bogus .

[edit on 19-10-2009 by ncuncfan2006]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncuncfan2006
Stop saying they are lying. Thats such a comp out. DISPUTE the facts they are giving of why their is no Nibiru instead of just saying OH THEIR LYING. Its on the believers to show the facts and proof that what Nasa says is bogus .

No need to bother. They would not tell the public about something like this. Their cover story is not important.

But dont believe me. Do your own research.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There are planets out there that 'could' be planetx/nibiru.
You have Sedna, Xena,Eris just to mention afew, these are exopluto planets( think thats the term ?
)...

New planets, new thread here on ATS...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Could it be NASA doesn't know?

After all, they have to re-write what they know, daily. When it comes to what we know for certain about the universe, another day draws to an end.

Oh, and they probably call it by another name.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Two teenagers said they didn't want to see the end of the world so they were thinking of ending their lives."

Its sad the fear mongers and money making hoaxsters are causing real concern to young people etc, shame on the bunch of you.
ZERO scientific proof yet spreading a lie.

You guys are in a way False Prophets as spoken of in the bible.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Copernicus, since you so strongly feel that nibiru exists I need to ask you what research you did that you so strongly believe it exists or what prompted you to strongly believe that??? If ur gonna refer other ATS threads, we are at a conspiracy website, so nothin new here...If ur gonna point to ET_MAN's threads he has jumped from nibiru coming to us from the plaedian star system to it coming from another dimension to it being in an elliptical orbit around the sun!!! Although I believe somthing of this scale needs to happen for the betterment of humanity as a whole, I dont see anything good happening...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The Maya never predicted anything. The 2012 date is approximately when the ancient calendar would roll over, like the odometer on a car; it did not mean the end -- merely the start of a new cycle.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It seems to me that there is much that we no not know about our own planet let alone our solar system, let alone the universe. The possibilty of a planet/star what ever causing our planet to flip on its axis is not absurd (Im not saying I believe it) There is just too much that we do not know. The last time this was supposed to happen was over 300,000 years ago. No written record of that time exist. There are things out there that we do not know and or understand.

Lets say nasa did know this was going to happen. They would not tell us because it would cause mass panic. If this is supposed to happen in 2012 then we would have years of chaos. NOT GOOD!!!!! Let the little pions go about there everyday lives happy. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

True but one of two things either nasa and other world space agencys know about this and are hiding it, or its invisible.

That size and only 3 years out you have to buy into one of those two theorys if it exist. Cause even amateur astronomers would see it now.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by fallenearth]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallenearth
reply to post by jmotley

True but one of two things either nasa and other world space agencys know about this and are hiding it, or its invisible.

That size and only 3 years out you have to buy into one of those two theorys if it exist. Cause even amateur astronomers would see it now.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by fallenearth]

If you look on site like youtube you will see supposed vidoes of planet x. The problem with amateur astronomers is that they are not well known and the world government can easily slince them or make them seem like crackpots. I mean come on if you had solid evidence that planet X was real and some government offical came and said that they would give you 5million for your proof. Im pretty sure you would give it up

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

So your suggesting Nasa knows what every astronomer is up to every second of the day in the world..

No comment ill be nice

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Trust only yourself!
That's my .02

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The ones that work for Nasa are nothing but a bunch of liars.

They are backward little twerp's doing the Devil's dirty work for him.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
People keep calling NASA liars yet continue to espouse the theories of Sitchin and Nancy Lieder. Sitchin continues to pass his translations of Sumerian texts and interpretation of astrophysics as accurate despite having no training in either of these fields and having experts in both fields claim that he has no idea what he's talking about. Lieder on the other hand claimed that the Hale-Bopp comet in 1997 didn't exist and was merely a cover for the arrival of Nibiru. When it turned out to be one of the brightest comets of the past century, she removed all claims that it didn't exist. She then changed her prediction to Nibiru arriving in 2003. Once again nothing. So, now her followers have settled on the 2012 date. When it comes down do it I would rather trust the people who actually know about astrophysics and have been able to accurately predict the movement of celestial objects in the past, instead of charlatans who fear monger, change their stories when they don't pan out, deny basic facts.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

How is it that I can come to a thread, that hasn't been commented on since October, 2009 and YOU, one of the ones that was giving me flack on the previous Nibiru thread knew that I was here?
I mean for Christ's sake, you came in behind me in under thirty minutes! No, Nibiru doesn't exist. You sure are following this Nibiru believer around a great deal.

So tell me, how did you know I was here?

Hello there dis-info agent! Nice to meet ya!
I'll be sure to add your name to the long list. Why don't you call all of your other buddies over here so we can tangle some more. Eh?

~ Zeus

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Jesus once said: " I am not of this world." Well, if Jesus was not of this world, then he must be from another.

This world is the Golden Planet, Kingdom of God, Nibiru and it is coming. And Nasa is lieing about it.

Thank you for once again proving me right! I knew I could count on someone. I guess it sucks to be you!

~ Zeus

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

I actually didn't realize this thread was from 2009. I just thought it was another of the Nibiru threads that seems to be popping up recently. I guess people have grown tired about blaming HAARP and the LHC fro everything, so it was time to start blaming everything on Nibiru again. Also, I wish I was getting paid to be on here. I'm just a broke college student who likes to rely on science and facts as opposed to pseudoscience and wild speculation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join