It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House boasts: We 'control' news media

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Originally posted by maybereal11

I'm calling your bluff. How about you link a few since you're the one defending BH - ....
Links, or it didn't happen.

I responded to Centurion because despite differing views I respect him. He might think differently than I and have different opinions, but I get an honest vibe from him.

As for you...well I won't go personal as you often do, but lets just say that I have no desire to engage in discussions concerning honesty or objectivity with those who have demonstrated they could not care less about either.

I am interested in what Centurion has to say...different view, but honest in his discussions.

This is my last response to you on this thread.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

In other words - you can't prove your claim.

And you're damned right I make these issues PERSONAL when it comes to America. I know who I am, what I believe and I know I love my country with all my heart. I listed what I believe to be the core values of the traditional America in the "traditional American" post, page 4. I know people like BH who claim to be both "objective" and value "honesty" yet can't bear to admit when they are wrong or give an opposing side any credit. They're called "shills". THAT mindset is not what's best for this country. THAT mindset is what divides this country.

Hell, I used to be a hardcore Republican in the past, but even I changed my mind during the last administration and now support the third party. Not because my ideals changed, because the Republican party was infected with extremeists who changed the ideals of Republicanism. I don't identify with those anymore. And I'm big enough to admit that. What about those you go on defending? Yeah, I didn't think so.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
All I know is Fox used to be my main news station for many years.

Until - the 2000 election.

After that and with Bush in office - - it became 100% unwatchable.

Talk about Sheeple.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So, what CNN or MSNBC is now your station of choice because of their clear and unbiased coverage of the current administration?

Makes perfect sense. :shk:

The point is, there is NO media out there that doesn't lean one way or another, aiming to be controlled by one administration or another.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Annee

So, what CNN or MSNBC is now your station of choice because of their clear and unbiased coverage of the current administration?

Makes perfect sense. :shk:

The point is, there is NO media out there that doesn't lean one way or another, aiming to be controlled by one administration or another.

Where exactly did I say I went to another TV news station?

I spoke specifically of FOX - no other station.

Don't read into something - that is not there.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I click it on and it plays right through. Perhaps it is time to update that computer?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry to burst this my friend but she is not lying, and for the media been controlled this started to happen many years ago when the independent media was bought and monopolized.

This one of the ways that the elite in nation can manipulate the masses and bring only what they deem important, still we got the internet to do the research but many fail to even take the time to find the truth.

Marg, perhaps you don't remember but the Bush administration was allowing the press to make questions, and in fact Bush was caught many times unawared as to what to awnser which many members loved to post about and showed this was proof Bush wasn't smart.

Then there was the claim that Bush had an ear piece and that he was told what to awnser because there were many questions he cold awnser.

Now, under the Obama administration the media doesn't make any questions unless the administration allows such questions, and in general the media is being controlled by the Obama administration which is why many media sources are mad that this is happening.

We all even know that MSNBC (?) now has a direct line to the White House so that castro, I mean Chavez, I mean President Obama can order, I mean tell the people as to what is the truth about what he, and his administration are doing...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

And your inability to understand basic market messaging strategies and the terms used within it completely baffles me...

Wow... "basic marketing messaging strategies" are for companies who PAY for airtime, or space so they can put, and say whatever they want.... It is not for the Obama administration to use strategies to completely control the media...at least that of some outlets...

Your basic inability to understand the difference between a company just sells products, and the United States administration is what baffles me now...

Are you that naive that you think your sorry example of an excuse for ignoring what the Obama administration is doing to totally control the media is a good argument?.....

These sort of "strategies" are the ones used by dictators such as Chavez, castro, and the likes, not for the administration of the Republic of the United States to use....

Not to mention the fact that the Obama administration has been trying to shut down conservative radio hosts because they are being too critical of the Obama administration, which again is a sign of a dictatorship in the process to get total control of all media, and to shut down any oposition.....

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Everything she said is textbook marketing. If you don't control the message, and by that token the media, then you suck as a public affairs professional PERIOD.

Wow...more, and more excuses to make people think this is normal...

So dissent is not allowed, and the administration must control the media now heh?....

You should read what you type...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

She discusses strategy for getting the actual message/speech/policy position out intact rather than the news media's edited "interpretation" or spin.

The goal of those creating the press release should be to get the release conveyed to the end consumer and fully articulated without it becomming fluff and spin or reduced/edited context by the news organizations.

No, she is discussing how they have total control over the media so there is no criticism of anything the Obama administration has done, or is doing.

Criticism, amd more so when it is showing the truth is not spin, unless of course you are a fan of the Obama administration and think the Obama administration can do no wrong....

But then again it is WND...distraction and spin....

And that is nothing more than a red herring, the message they are giving is true, you just have to listen to the video to find this out. But of course, the Obama fans will continue to find ways to claim this is normal procedure and has been done in the past, but that claim is BS. One just has to go back to the years of the Bush administration and remember how the media, including Fox, were critical of the Bush administration.

Of course the leftist media was more critical, and would spin things, but the point is that even then they were allowed to do so.

Now with President Obama in office you can't be critical because you are called "racist" not to mention that "anything that is critical is a spin", and the media, mostly the left although not always is not as critical as it used to be, and there are media sources that are not critical at all of the Obama administration, and he has been even called "a God"...

And of course, the Obama administration, and President Obama himself have been working hard to shut down conservative radio hosts "because they are too critical of the Obama administration" which again is a tactic used by dictators, and not one which should exist in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of freedom of the press...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
There is another post above that also points out how Bush did this very well, as did other presidents. So don't try to make out like this is an Obama tactic. It is a political tactic that is used all the time.

Really? can you show us this claim of yours is true and the Bush administration was controlling the media?...

I remember very clearly that several times the media made questions of President Bush for which he had no awnser, and that was used as "proof" that Bush was an idiot....

Not to mention the fact that when the media was critical of the Bush administration they weren't called "racists", or "hatemongers"...

There were "regular people" who would say it is wrong to criticize the government, but it wasn't something the administration was doing, nor the media.

I also don't remember the Bush administration trying to shut down leftwing commentators because "they were too critical".....

If I am wrong show proof that I am wrong, and not just baseless claims.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

You need to pull your head out and accept that this is not about the "current administration". This has been going on for decades.

Why do you think you're never told about the oil companies being sued by thousands of people for massive destruction of land and environment? Why are you never told about the thousands of people in various countries poisoned by a major drink brands factories? Why are you never told about the medical companies making billions of $ through immoral practices?

I'll tell you why...

Because your media is owned and operated by the wealthiest people in the world, just as your government (Dem. or Rep.). They'll tell you what they want you to know and nothing else.

These are the same people who own the Federal Reserve, the Bank of England, and all the other central Banks around the world.

It's really not hard to work out. Find the wealthiest people on Earth, and there you have the culprits of the greatest crimes committed against humanity. There you have the people controlling everything you hear, see, eat, drink...

Actually, we have been shown all those things and more...and for the most part it is not because of the U.S., but because of the governments where this is happening...such as in CHINA, INDIA, RUSSIA, ETC, ETC....but of course such governments, the UN, and politicians like GORE claim that the west is responsible for all of this, when this is not true, and it is jsut a tactic for western countries being taxed so that the rich can get richer, and the middle class in America is destroyed, not to mention that the poor will also pay for this...

Even SOME left wing media sources have put forth the fact that the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, and PRESIDENT OBAMA HIMSELF made deals with BIg Pharma, and that explains why for example President Obama himself has told elder Americans they might be better continuing to take the PILLS, which are made by Big Pharma, than having treatments, or operations which DOCOTRS say could help elder Americans...

This is why the Obama administration want them, the government, being in control of healthcare. They already made deals that for example Obama will do whatever it takes so that Congress can't put rules so that prescription drug prices are not reduced, which will save billions of dollars for Big Pharma meanwhile Americans keep paying and will pay higher prices for prescription drugs through taxes...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanderingwaldo
I'll say it again if nobody else will. This is not what this thread is about. This thread is about a misleading headline which was misinterpreted by the OP. If you watch the video it is a PR person associated with the Obama Campaign talking about how they did their press releases - nothing more.

WRONG, that's what SOME members like yourself claim it is about, but the thread is about a video which CLEARLY shows the control over the media that the Obama administration has been after since day one.

I WATCHED the video, and I know who this woman is, but obviously, and like ALWAYS the Obama fans try to ignore and dismiss everything that shows the truth about the Obama administration.

It is obvious that the TRUTH is too much for people like yourself...

Seriously people stop jumping all over things that support your pre-concieved notion of reality BEFORE ACTUALLY VIEWING THE EVIDENCE FOR YOURSELF. The bulk of this thread is talking about how stupid this thread is and the rest is full of people who jump all over it based on the title without actually knowing what is actually stated in the video.

It is obvious that the one, among SOME others who has a "preconcieved notion that the Obama administration can do no wrong, and this is nothing" is people like yourself.

It is also OBVIOUS you haven't even payed attention to the responses in this thread because the BULK of the posts, and resposes are for the most part admitting what Anita Dunn is confesing in that video.

i even excerpted part of the video where she obviously states they have been controlling the media, and those they cannot control like Fox news they attack, not to mention the Obama administration is trying the hardest to shut down conservative radio hosts, but of course for people like yourself this is good. You obviously don't understand what FREEDOM OF SPEECH means...

Please consult one of the other 20-30 posts about why this thread is about nothing if you do not believe me.

Please consult with the 40-50 posts, if not more about why this thread is about the fact that Anita Dunn, who apparently you don't know she is the interim White House Communications Director, and was a top adviser to Back Obama presidential campaign, stated CLEARLY that they have been controlling the media, instead of the media being in control...

Only about 5-6 members seem to agree with you, the rest, which is a lot more disagree with your claims.

BTW, since OBVIOUSLY you are ignorant about who this woman is, just read it from one source which people like yourself believe.

en.wikipedia.org...

So stop trying to claim "this is nothing" which is nothing more than an attempt by the Obama fans, to derail threads like this one, except maybe one member who might not understand what is being said in the video and who this woman is.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

isnt it funny how people can watch the same thing and get completely different things out of it.

See, to me...when she was talking about how they controlled their media wing on their campaign trail, what that meant to me was they controlled their media wing on their campaign trail..whereas you somehow heard "we currently tell the media what to report now that we are in the white house.

This was the thread I wanted to respond to and missed completely because last time i read it i had no time to respond to it.

Anyway, if it was true that "they are only controlling their media wing" then why in the world is Anita Dunn stating in that video that "IT DIDN'T ALWAYS MAKE THEM POPULAR WITH THE MEDIA"?.......

She is talking about the media in general, not about their media wing...

Originally posted by SaturnFX
there is either denial going on here, or some serious mind control...

simply amazing. Done with this nonsense also.

Yep, either you are in serious mind control and you are in total denial of what she actually said, or you don't understand what she said....

Why in the world would THEIR wing media complain?.....she was talking about the media in general...

BTW, if you don't like this sort of thread "DON'T READ IT".....

I wonder what is the problem with people who are almost always yapping about freedom of speech yet they don't want those that disagree with them to have that same freedom of speech....

I am not talking about you in specific but every member who is complaining about this sort of article which for the most part is being critical of the Obama administration...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hmm... the last time someone was controlling the picture and the sound and the clarity... controlling everything that we see and hear... I was watching "The Outer Limits".

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The irony... meanwhile the Obama fans keep claiming this is not happening we learn even more of the tactics being used by the Obama administration to shut down conservative news sources.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW, to those Obama fans who will claim that this is propaganda from Fox News Graddy is giving in that link several leftwing sources that corroborate the story.

And yes I am excerpting from Fox News...

I am done with trying to keep happy the leftwingers who only accept news from leftwing sources. Such people have no idea what unbiased, and reliable news means, and they have no idea in what country they are living either.

Administration Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

The Obama administration on Thursday failed in its attempt to exclude Fox News from participating in an interview of an administration official, as Republicans on Capitol Hill stepped up their criticism of the hardball tactics employed by the White House.

The Treasury Department on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the network pool except Fox News. The pool is the five-network rotation that for decades has shared the costs and duties of daily coverage of the presidency and other Washington institutions.

But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included. The pool informed Treasury that Fox News, as a member of the network pool, could not be excluded from such interviews under the rules of the pool.

www.foxnews.com...

At least on this occasion the pool of 5 networks which the Obama administration was allowing to make the interview interceded for Fox News, perhaps it is time for the leftwingers to realize what the Obama administration is doing, but i doubt it...the Obama fans will find some new way to dismiss this information....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Hmm... the last time someone was controlling the picture and the sound and the clarity... controlling everything that we see and hear... I was watching "The Outer Limits".

Oh boy...keep watching "The Outer Limits" and keep avoiding "reality" buddy...

Meanwhile more, and more information comes forward as to the sort of tactics the present administration is doing trying to shut down conservative/Republican news sources, and then there are those who claim "Republicans just want Obama to fail and they don't care for anything else"....

If us Republicans, and yes i am a proud Republican, keep presenting the facts to what the Obama administration is doing is because WE CARE FOR THE COUNTRY, AND FOR WHAT IT STANDS FOR....

Too many Americans are forgetting what the Republic where they live in stands, or once stood for...

Freedom of speech, and freedom of the press does not mean "only freedom for the leftwing", it means freedom of ALL AMERICANS, including rightwing...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I am done with trying to keep happy the leftwingers who only accept news from leftwing sources. Such people have no idea what unbiased, and reliable news means, and they have no idea in what country they are living either.

You really believe Fox News is unbiased and reliable?

At least on this occasion the pool of 5 networks which the Obama administration was allowing to make the interview interceded for Fox News, perhaps it is time for the leftwingers to realize what the Obama administration is doing, but i doubt it...the Obama fans will find some new way to dismiss this information....

Think about that...

Why would the other networks do this?

Why wouldn't they let Fox be excluded?

You are doing EXACTLY what "they" want....

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

You really believe Fox News is unbiased and reliable?

Yes, much more so than MSNBC, or Castro's News Network (CNN), or the like... but then again even when i know such news networks are very far left, it is up to every American to decide what they want to watch or listen to...

Originally posted by Jezus
Think about that...

Why would the other networks do this?

Why wouldn't they let Fox be excluded?

You are doing EXACTLY what "they" want....

Could be because there are some people, including some liberals who think, and understand that the First Amendment Right, which includes FREEDOM OF THE PRESS is not just for liberal news sources, but all of them including Fox News....

That's what they agreed on according to the articles about this.

Then again, why do you think they did this?.... and how in the world am i doing "EXACTLY" what they want?....

[edit on 24-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes, much more so than MSNBC, or Castro's News Network (CNN), or the like... but then again even when i know such news networks are very far left, it is up to every American to decide what they want to watch or listen to...

Well if you really believe Fox News is fair and balanced the rest of my post will probably be a waste of time...

Could be because there are some people, including some liberals who think, and understand that the First Amendment Right, which includes FREEDOM OF THE PRESS is not just for liberal news sources, but all of them including Fox News....

This is nothing to do with Freedom of the Press...The President is not obligated to include specific news outlets...

You should be asking yourself...

"Why would competing news channels stand together against the President of the United States to make sure Fox News is included? When they are a sensationalist, divisive, and manipulative "news" organization..."

Then again, why do you think they did this?.... and how in the world am i doing "EXACTLY" what they want?....

Because Fox News and MSNBC are on the SAME TEAM.

They have effectively divided and conquered you.

Removing your attention from the real issues...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Jezus]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join