It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't George w. Bush spoken up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

When do they become Obama's problems though instead of Bush's? Bush isn't in office anymore. Obama may have inherited the wars and economy, but they're his baby now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I think Bush remebers what it was like for him to be critized by past presidents who allowed for some of our problems (bin Laden) He also stated that he would try not to attack obama out of respect for the office and the challenges he knows the President is going through...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

Maybe Obama belives that the truth movement borders on lunacy, its been proven 9-11 was done by bad boys from bin Ladens group, Now I will tell you this..... Bush knew about it but diddnt prevent it kinda of like Roosvelt and WWII...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

while what you said is exactly true, there was no deception when Obama bought the package. He knew what was in the box. Crying about the contents after the fact is weak.

He actually never "cried" about the contents of the box. Taking the inventory of what he's got there -- yeah, he did that, and rightfully so. Just in spirit of good accounting practices.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Who really wants to hear bush stand up? Dude screwed up. Sucked as a POTUS imo. I bash Obama everyday and I hated Bush. But, that being said, Obama needs to grow a pair and start taking responsibility. Yeah, Bush had a bailout, but didnt Obama as well? Bush only spent part of the money and left the rest for Obama...what happened to that? Yeah, Bush started the war. But Obama has to finish it now. Either pull out the troops or go ahead with the surge like his handpicked General is asking for. Dont just ignore the problems and keep blaming them on the predecessor, actually deal with whats in front of your face. Its getting old.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

first of all (and I don't want to derail my own thread)but obama didn't "inherit"anything he asked for it.
second I was asking why Bush has been so silent,I hardly believe it's because he believes obama is right.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

In reply to your last 2 posts for the first I was on my way to work so I just googled obama blames bush and posted the page.I really didn't think it would be necessary to post individual occurrences and no I did not read 2.3 million posts
I have a couple left

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
while what you said is exactly true, there was no deception when Obama bought the package. He knew what was in the box.

True. And he took on the problems. But that doesn't mean that they are his fault or that he is to blame.

I bought a house that was a "fixer upper". That doesn't mean that I gave up all right to blame or complain about what the previous owners did to the place.
I didn't suddenly become the person who used a 20 penny nail to put molding around the door...
I just had to fix it.

And you're right. We shall see.

Originally posted by Jenna
When do they become Obama's problems though instead of Bush's?

They became Obama's problems on Jan 20, 2009. They are his problems to deal with now, but that doesn't mean that he created them.

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I was asking why Bush has been so silent,I hardly believe it's because he believes obama is right.

Why do you think ATS members would know why Bush is being silent?

I personally think he's glad to be out of politics and just wants to go split some wood and play with his rubber ducky.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

they seem to know why obama does everything so.............

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
maybe he finally learned that it's best to keep his mouth shut?

Seriously - Bush had enough gaffs in his 8 years as President to last him a life time.

Or - maybe - JUST MAYBE - he's keeping silent because he knows Obama is right?

*gasp*
Could you imagine if that were the case?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Bush made his boys the big money and I don't think he really cares, he and his team had an agenda and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
If you recall almost every single major industry got goodies.
"Energy Crisis of California" =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

War/z = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Defense + Private Security + Tech + Oil

"$6.00 gas" = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Finance = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Makes sense, he fulfilled his mission's, the cupith over flowith, good job ol boy (pat pat)
Easy to forget how powerful the Bush family and its connection to the above mentioned endeavors. It is also easy to forget that money does not just disappear, rather, it was re-distributed which is the irony considering the tag lines modern usage.
If you believe O'bama has created the climate then you are either A; liar or B; washed
On the other hand it is his mess now which sucks for him.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It could just as well be that Bush knows he's guilty of every accusation and has no defense against them. To some conspiracy theorists he's guilty of much more so he may well feel quite lucky to be out of the spotlight and especially legal proceedings.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Bush like Helen Clark choose to leave office in a very dignified manner . I hope that when the day comes for Obama to leave office that he will remember the manner in which Bush conducted himself when it came time for the handover . Really you have nothing to complain about .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I KNOW why Bush hasn't spoken up.

He's looked at what Obama has done to date, after what Obama SAID he was going to do, and Bush can't say anything, as he's laughing so hard.

Bush was no winner, but he's looking better every day that Obama is in office.

Blame Bush. Blame the economy. Blame the Republicans. Blame the Town hall meetings. Blame the citizens. Blame FOX news.

This stupid SOB can't man up, and take charge.

Maybe the claims of his former roommate are twue! Twue!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They became Obama's problems on Jan 20, 2009. They are his problems to deal with now, but that doesn't mean that he created them.

And when do we get to the point where Obama pointing at Bush is no longer acceptable and expect Obama to take responsibility?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And when do we get to the point where Obama pointing at Bush is no longer acceptable and expect Obama to take responsibility?

Responsibility does not equal blame. The OP asked about blame. Obama will never be to blame for what Bush did, but he took responsibility on Jan 20.

Just as I took responsibility for the fixer upper when I signed the papers, I expected Obama to take responsibility on Jan 20, 2009. And he did. As I said before, that doesn't mean that he became the person who "got us into this mess".

There is one administration who started these wars. ONE. That's Bush. There's one administration who messed up the economy and set up Guantanamo and tortured people. That's Bush. That's not going to change. "Pointing at Bush" (blame) will always be acceptable as we look back on his presidency. He doesn't just shed all the things he did just because he's not in the office anymore. He still did them and was one of the worst presidents ever. That's not going to change.

Obama will make his own mistakes and his own "improvements". They will be his and not the next president's. Obama is responsible for what he does and doesn't do from here on out, until the end of his term. But it's impossible for him to be the person to blame for the things that Bush did.

We can blame Obama for what he's done so far (Upholding the Patriot Act, hiring lobbyists, supporting Goldman Sachs, etc), but we can neither blame him for what Bush did NOR can we blame him for not doing everything he's said he'd do in the first 9 months of his term, when he still has over 3 years in office to do it!

In Jan, 2011, halfway into his term, I'll be better able to judge how Obama's doing, After he leaves office, we will be able to see the full extent of what he did and didn't do to either put the country in better shape than it was when he arrived or to drive it further into disrepair. But unless you can read the future, (and I know some on ATS think they can, but I have no indication that that's true) we cannot know what Obama will do in the next 3 years and what he will be "to blame" for. But he will never be to blame for what Bush did. NEVER.

That's my opinion. If you want to blame Obama for everything Bush did, go ahead. If you want to blame Obama for things he hasn't done, go ahead. But in my world view, I don't blame someone for something unless they did it. And if they did it, they carry the blame.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That's my opinion. If you want to blame Obama for everything Bush did, go ahead. If you want to blame Obama for things he hasn't done, go ahead. But in my world view, I don't blame someone for something unless they did it. And if they did it, they carry the blame.

It's not about blaming Obama for Bush's mistakes, and that's not where I was going with that question.
Bush is responsible for everything he did while in office, no argument from me there. My point is that it seems like every time Obama is talking about the economy or the wars the first thing he does is start pointing fingers at Bush. All the finger-pointing and blame-game stuff got old a few months ago. I'm just curious how long you think it's acceptable for him to point fingers every time he speaks about either issue.

He's taking his sweet time deciding whether or not to authorize the troops that General McChrystal requested. It's been almost three months since they were requested and still nothing from Obama one way or the other. The troops in Afghanistan are under-staffed, under-equipped, and the defense bill is being pillaged by Congress. Yet in the mean time, instead of making decisions or telling Congress to get their grubby paws out of defense funds, he's busy pointing fingers at Bush.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ummmm.... so, what's the problem. You don't think Bush had a hand in all of that?
Second line.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My point is that it seems like every time Obama is talking about the economy or the wars the first thing he does is start pointing fingers at Bush.

I think that's an exaggeration. I've heard him speak plenty of times when he hasn't mentioned the past administration. You may just notice it because it rubs you the wrong way.

He's taking his sweet time deciding whether or not to authorize the troops that General McChrystal requested.

I noticed that some people are frustrated at Obama taking his time to make decisions, as if that's a fault of some kind... They think he should make bold, decisive, quick decisions. My comment is that you might want to take a look at how that worked out for "the Decider" in Chief... Obama is a thoughtful, deductive, reasoning, patient person. TOTALLY different than Bush. It's not in his nature to act like Bush. You can disagree with that, but I, for one, am thankful for it. Rash decisions have gotten this country in a lot of trouble.

Yet in the mean time, instead of making decisions or telling Congress to get their grubby paws out of defense funds, he's busy pointing fingers at Bush.

Oh, come on, Jenna. That's disingenuous. "Pointing fingers at Bush" isn't taking any time away from him making decisions or talking to Congress. Once he feels he has all the information and can make the wisest decision, he will. He can multitask better than any president we've had for a while.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by really

No.I don't really like Bush.I find it odd that the guy who knows the most about the job won't voice his opinion.That's all.The fact that obama in my humble opinion is bashing bush just makes me think even if it's protocol not to say anything about a new president, obama has opened the door to criticism from Bush.Know what I mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join