It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian Portraits (Postcards from Mars)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There is an Alien Civilization on Mars?
Perhaps does NASA hide us the truth altering the evidences?
May be that NASA has tampered, smudged, and erased the evidence of Statues, Building and Artefacts that lied on the Martian Surface?

Perhaps these images are only intriguing, perhaps they are only rocks or perhaps… NOT
However there are more strange anomalies that come from Planet MARS, suggestions and anomalous images that would deserve more deepened analysis from experts.
My intention is to show these anomalies that I have found and that I will continue to insert and to show in this thread.

Analysts are welcome.

The follow images coming from: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu... and all in a narrow area.

1A

1B

1C

2A

2B

3A

3B

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Um I see nothing and now my eyes hurt. If you are going to say something is there why not circle it. These are just blurred images of rocks to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Um I see nothing and now my eyes hurt. If you are going to say something is there why not circle it. These are just blurred images of rocks to me.

Imagir I assume you are showing us some kind of pareidolia but since that's along the lines of the The Rorschach inkblot test, you can't expect everyone else to see what you see:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Rorschach inkblot test uses pareidolia in an attempt to gain insight into a person's mental state. The Rorschach is a projective test, as it intentionally elicits the thoughts or feelings of respondent which are `projected' onto the ambiguous inkblot images. Projection in this instance is a form of "directed pareidolia" because the cards have been deliberately designed not to resemble anything in particular.

So this is a kind of "inkblot" test like that where different people will see different things when they look at it.

So I agree it might be helpful if you circled or outlined what you see so that others will know what to look for.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What I see:

In 1A, towards the center there's something sticking up out of the ground that reminds me of the monolith from 2001 - A Space Odyssey.

To the right of that it looks like a figure standing on a hill looking at the monolith-looking object.

In 3A it looks to me like another monolith-type object sticking out of the ground.

That's just my opinion on them. Want to make it clear that's just what I see in the image and that I'm not actually saying that's what they are.

EDIT: Sorry about the images. I can't for the life of me remember how to add the scroll bar.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Paredolia is old and a boring history.
All it can be paredolia.

Don't you see this perfectly squared stone to right angle and shadow?

If you do not see this then probably you are to suffer from something...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

What do you add to the code to get the scroll bar for the images? Can't remember how to do that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A little advice: Enlarging an image till all you can see are big freaking pixels the size of a fat woman's duff is NOT going to help your argument one bit. Leave the images as is. MAYBE sharpen them a little, adjust the contrast, and don't be heavy handed about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Detail image 3

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't see noth'n. What are you trying to prove???? It seems the photo is from a web site that is trying to make the case for Water on Mars. Which is a much better and interesting article than what you have done with this picture.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

See- this is what I mean. It looks like a drunk's view of either a Rorschach test, or the bathroom of the local bar.

Enlarge- See Pixels. Don't enlarge, see the whole pic.

Or are ya a disinfo agent trying to baffle us?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

What's getting really old is people who bring up dis-info agents or people calling others drunks because they see something you don't.

I guess I'm drunk then. Even though I haven't had alcohol since 2001. Or am I a dis-info agent because I see the same things even though I made it clear that I'm not saying that's what they are?

Originally posted by tomfrusso
Sorry, I don't see noth'n. What are you trying to prove???? It seems the photo is from a web site that is trying to make the case for Water on Mars. Which is a much better and interesting article than what you have done with this picture.

You just proved that you didn't actually go to the site. You assumed what the site was based on just what the OP said. Want to know what the site is?

The University of Arizona
Department of Planetary Sciences - Lunar and Planetary Laboratory

Doesn't make the thread any more credible, but proves you didn't actually bother to visit the site.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What is this really? come on now. If i squint i can see rocks.

Mod-Note: Image Removed.
Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

I was joking about the disinfo agent thing. The pic had been enlarged til all that can be seen are pixellated blotches. It looks like a drunk's view of a bathroom floor. I am sure all sorts of neat things can be seen... but it's a trick of the eye seeing patterns (especially in random blocks of varying shades of grey). He was doing a LOT better with the beginning pics and what looks like an engine block on the edge of the cliff.

I cant even believe I am explaining myself, but I never said ANYONE was drunk. R E A D the post, don't skim over it. 'Cause you're seeing stuff that ain't really there, too.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

With all the crap going on between believers and skeptics/debunkers on this site right now, your post doesn't help at all.

You say it's just rocks, offer nothing to prove that and go on to add a picture that insults the thread creator.

By the definition of an internet troll, whose the real troll in this thread?

The person who presented their case, with images as a form of evidence or the guy who comes in and says "If I squint I can see rocks" then adds a picture that calls the person a troll?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

I cant even believe I am explaining myself, but I never said ANYONE was drunk. R E A D the post, don't skim over it. 'Cause you're seeing stuff that ain't really there, too.

Except I never said what I saw was actually there.

I said that's what I see in the image. That doesn't mean I believe that's actually what I'm seeing. I never said it's actually a monolith. I said it REMINDS me of the monolith from 2001 - A Space Odyssey. I never said there's actually some guy or statue standing there looking at it. I said it LOOKS like that to me. You're telling me to READ?

I don't state anything I say as a fact, like many others on here do, unless I can actually back it up.

Don't ever tell me what it is I'm seeing

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I really do not care what is going on between skeptics and believers, im not with those people. Just look at what is going on here. From what i have read so far i am not seeing skeptics or believers fighting over anthing in this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Can you post the coordinates in the JAS Viewer where you found this?

Geo-Jump x and y?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

One of these things is not like the other.......

You couldn't see what the OP was pointing out? I mean seriously even if they are just rocks it is completely obvious what the OP posted about. If nothing else you should have at least caught the face with the huge pointy nose...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Alright, here is my opinion of what we are seeing. First off the image is taken at these coordinates:

7°37'54.27"N , 32°40'17.90"W

I have overlaid several observations over the original image, which I believe is nothing more than a large rock or outcropping on an elevated surface, which in turn can give the appearance of something much more complex than it really is due to light and shadow effects on an elevated surface.

Additions made by myself, original image courtesy: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

So while I really wish that this was something more, I highly doubt it. It is an interesting image though, thanks to Imagir for bringing this to my attention and for sharing.

EDIT to add: "Portrait" was used in the image in reference to the square object with the humanoid looking shape on it, which is what the OP was referencing.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I could take shots of pretty much any place on Earth and post it here. Within moments there would people such as yourself finding things that "don't look right" and inventing a conspiracy based on a simple misunderstanding of one's own brain.

My 6 year old neighbor can look up in the sky and know that cloud isn't really Scooby Doo. But take a photo from a place that is too far away to actually see with your own eyes and you have an instant conspiracy, where your personal beliefs and delusions will fill in the blanks to your heart's content and, unfortunately, many others will then see what you see and prop up further delusions and misunderstandings.

This site's motto is "deny ignorance" not "embrace ignorance". If your see conspiracies in common rocks, no matter where they are photographed, for the sake of denying ignorance one should look into things that might explain such a simple thing as pattern recognition and several other more far more plausible explanations before taking a flying leap into the deep end.

Pareidolia

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join