It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spider! leave my house! *shivers*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
WARNING!!!!!
Scary picture below
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/936b8bcf6402.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Now why is it that this picture doesn't give off the same icky feeling that a real tarantula would. I actually think I would like to have one of these chipmunktula's if they existed.

But if I have a nightmare about it, I am blaming you...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

it still gives me the creeps! It's the legs! if it had short legs... and only 4 or so, it would be much cuter... (but I guess then it would be a squirrl...)

hehe, your welcome for the dreams

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Or it is because your house is warm.

As for the home defense, it goes on the outside of the house, and is suppossed to be safe in a short period of time.

I am the same as you, I worry about chemicals, but it is plant based, so not as toxic as other repellants.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

OMG I found a picture of the spider that attacked you!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b806e7f66f30.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry, I don't mean to make fun, but that was the most hilarious description of a spider attack I have ever read.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

hahaha
You did good, nice work on that one

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can't remember where but I saw something about a guy who was so scared of spiders if he even saw a fake rubber one he might die!!! No joke, he's already had one heart attack from seeing a fake spider, so his heart is weakened, and he can't walk past joke shop windows just in case - he lives in fear around Halloween cos all the shops have images of spiders and stuff - he shuts him self indoors (presumably with a few real spiders somewhere and a pump action shotgun and a huge box of pep pills!!).

Now that's a illness more than a phobia right?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

OMG that IS exactly the spider!!! But i thought i killed it! Are there MORE out there?

Or... is it back with a vengeance?

Edit:The chipmunk spider is actually very cute! So i guess its the many eyes and the jaw and fangs that horrify me, not the eight hairy legs.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Wallachian]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My wife is absolutley terrified of 'em. When on vacation, I have
to check under the beds if we stop anywhere.

One day, we'd stopped a small town near Houston Texas and
my wife and young son were settling down to sleep at a motel.
Me? I was sat reading (not a big fan of TV!)

If the spider that had crawled out from somwhere was normal size
to me, my wife would have panicked and started speaking in a loud
high voice rapidly to me to get the thing out, but...

It was a bird-eating spider, a large spider about the size of a 12
year-old child's fist and I had never seen one before.

She spoke slowly and in her simple request, assured me that I would
be found sometime in the future butchered and penniless, though these
words were never said, her methodical speech pattern warned of a
nightmare-ish marriage together.

With deft movements, I threw a towel over the spider, scooped it
up quickly and took it to the door. I flapped the towel outside on the
landing and the spider fell to the floor.

I felt it mentally side-glance me, shrug and then steadily set off for
a late supper. I don't fear spiders, but I was wary of that critter, it
walked the gunslinger walk!

I've seen Tarantulas, and I would probably handle one... but to know
that that spider had the drop on me... to know it sat there without me
knowing... that I struggle to bear!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One time I'd known there was a rather large spder around the house, one of the types that actually looks strong enough to drag a work book off or something - but me being me I though well live and let live, he's well fed - he's eating all the other little critters, so I let him be.

Well one day just after using the toilet (standing up of course - it rocks to be a man
) I left the loo and went downstairs, I have long hair so it's not unusual for me to feel it tickle behind my ear (see where I'm going with this
) I put my right hand up to tuck the hair behind my right ear and found this thing, odd, I looked at it!! - the spider!! - I threw it down on the carpet and it actually made a little thump!

Then the critter sprinted off into the kitchen - 2 days later he got stamped on
- only way I can imagine it happening is that the air movement from me opening the toilet door blew him off the wall into my hair.... actually made me cringe in memory typing that!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I don't know how anyone could have smooshed one that size, so it is best the way you did it. I would have packed up and left, my lazy eye on the spider the whole time. Trying to step on one that big would never enter my mind. Even if I could squish it, how to dispose of the corpse? I would fear it was playing dead and would grab me. Snakes do that- I have disposed of snakes playing dead.
Yes, I am fine with snakes, dead or alive, but spiders are my undoing!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

That picture is wonderful - so cute. I had to laugh.

Yesterday night I was walking out of my darkened bedroom and thought I saw a mark on the wall that shouldn't be there, so I blew on it. Sure enough it moved.

I got a jar and caught the spider and threw it out of the spare room window at the other end of the hall. (That window is always open).

I was in the spare room this evening and who should I see on the wall? It looked like exactly the same spider. I swear they have a homing instinct.

It's not the first time I've been suspicious that a spider I chucked out of that window has found its way back in.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I knew I had a tread about spiders around here somewhere!

Almost two years ago since I started this, in the mean while I moved out of that small spider infested appartement and into a house in the woods. No suprise that there are even more spiders here, even species I have never seen before in my life... and there is no way of keeping them out. When I open a window, a spider crawls inside.
The people around here say I will get used to them in no time..... hopefully.... or move back to the city, lol.

well anyway,
I discovered something great! It's so damn simple, but great and it's called the "spider catcher".
You can only buy it over the internet.
On first sight it looked like a plastic space gun to me but I desided to buy it.

I've been using this marvelous piece of plastic for 5 months now and it's so easy to pick up the spider and place it back outside without killing or harming it. AND without coming to close to it.

spider catcher website
There are also several youtube vids demonstrating this product

I'm not intending to advertise for this product but only want to point out this handy tool for all spider-fearing people out there.
It sure made my life much easier now that I don't stress over the creepies anymore.

hope someone finds this of use

edit on 24/7/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Home defense, you can get it at home depot. You spray the outside parimeter of the house and it keeps everything away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join