It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spider! leave my house! *shivers*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by AccessDenied

big shoe? Me no can do...
When my spiders see the big shoe they go in attack mode, lifting they front legs (with claws and everything!) and they grow huge fangs... me run!...

I'm such a chicken:bnghd:

LMAO! Sounds like me when I see one. I have dropped laundry in my garage stairway and ran and left it there til my bf got home. They always loved to be right there near the stairs and I know they were waiting to jump on me. I was trapped in the bathroom many times by the really big brown ones here in FL....typing that gave me the chills....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

haha!
I hate it when they trap us! It brings on the most silly inner conversations:
"ok, just run passed it... move.. ok,now... now... move now!... run for the door as fast as you can! Do it! ... for god sake just do it! ...ruuunnnn you coward!!!!!! "
LOL

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

"ok, just run passed it... move.. ok,now... now... move now!... run for the door as fast as you can! Do it! ... for god sake just do it! ...ruuunnnn you coward!!!!!! "

And now the spiders perspective:

"oh crap a human! did it see me? Oh crap it sees me, what do I do? What do I do? It looks like it's going to charge! DON'T STEP ON ME! *Piddle*"

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by GypsK

"oh crap a human! did it see me? Oh crap it sees me, what do I do? What do I do? It looks like it's going to charge! DON'T STEP ON ME! *Piddle*"

let me think.... hm
nope, not buyin it!

they go like "hehehe, that's it, just one step... come over here I have caaaaandyyyy!" and then then jump you

I hate them so
much

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

they go like "hehehe, that's it, just one step... come over here I have caaaaandyyyy!" and then then jump you

Your thinking of the rare and deadly Beatlejuce spider. Yea those will get you alright.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

haha I'm not gonna try that, if I mis they go running off
besides, I can't look at them long enough to get a good aim

And the worst thing that could happen is they come running to you, and it actually happens! And it happened to me!

I just can't step on them in my case... I have a feeling if I do, they bite through the sole and I get poisoned. If I just miss them a bit, they'll come around and bite my leg. finally, I can't stand the sight of a squished spider!!

Nowadays, I simply drive them off with a stick but otherwise, try not to harm them.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by GypsK

let me think.... hm
nope, not buyin it!

I hate them so
much

This is actually true

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

This is actually true

Now I have seen many a spider, and to date, I have never had one offer candy as a trap.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

it is true they offer minature mars bars and haribo starmix

[edit on 23-10-2009 by valiant]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I swear that spiders have some sort of diabolical intelligence.

A few weeks ago, while in the bathroom, i saw some movement with the corner of my eye. I turn my head to look at it, and this spider just freezes there. I stare at it for a long time, terrified that it might head towards me, but it just stays there, not making the slightest movement. This gives me the courage to turn around for one second to finish what i was doing, so i can get the hell out of the bathroom. When i turn around, the little devil was gone, completely out of site. How in the world would a tiny spider know when i can see it and when not??

Most of the times i don't kill spiders, I'm too terrified and killing them implies a certain level of intimacy with the spider
so i avoid it. But sometimes it's just necessary. Like the time when one actually attacked me.

I disturbed it while cleaning the house and it just started to run for me. So I start screaming like a little girl and run for my life, then i stop and check to see if it's still following me. Surely enough it was. I start running in the opposite direction, the spider changes direction also and continues to follow me. So i go to the bedroom and shut the door, but since i'm not sure it's not already on me (is it on me? is it on me?) i start taking off my clothes one by one, while performing all sorts of jerky desperate movements.

Relieved that it wasn't on me after all, i put my clothes back on and, armed with a big black house shoe that belonged to my room mate, i go back to hunt the beast. When i see it, i start running towards it, and it starts running towards me too, and i'm pretty sure it was yelling in its little spider mind "This is Spartaaaaaa!!!!". I won though. But i didn't have the courage to look under the shoe, my room mate had to dispose of the dead spider later

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Wallachian]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
it starts running towards me too, and i'm pretty sure it was yelling in its little spider mind "This is Spartaaaaaa!!!!".

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Wallachian]

that just made me actually laugh out loud
brilliant!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

i'm pretty sure it was yelling in its little spider mind "This is Spartaaaaaa!!!!".

Now that's funny!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yet there was nothing funny when the eight-legged monster was chasing me...

I kind of have a fascination for spiders. After watching many documentaries and reading about them i was able to (partially) overcome the dread i felt towards them in my childhood and teenage. Now i'm actually capable, most of the times at least, to trap them under a glass and throw them out of the house! When they're not hunting me, that it.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Please, don't misconstrue.

What I thought was funny was the way you set it up. The visual perception of the events and how you perceived to witness it was hilarious.

You have us all imagining a tiny little spider all emblazon in Greek armor facing down his enemy the human. Mustering all of his courage against an unstoppable foe. Even shrieking in his little spider language his battle cry.

I am sure the actual event was quite traumatic.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ah, don't get me wrong, i find it funny now too. I freaked out then, but now, when i remember screaming and running away with a spider the size of a bean chasing me, i have to laugh

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I had a vision of that spider chasing you with a spear held thight in his front to legs, LOL.... that was funny

I remember when my husband and I where together for about a year, we had just bought a house. There was a spider on the wall in the hallway and I decided to trap it with a tupperware box. So with all the courage I could gather, I quickly placed the box over the spider, then realized that I had nothing to close the box with. I was to afraid to let it go again that I stood there for a bit over an hour. My arm was hurting and I was freaking out at the thought that there was only a thin plastic layer between the spider and my hand.
By the time my husband came home I was in tears and he had the laugh of his life... for about a sec.
Now my husband doesn't like spiders any more then I do and he didn't want to take over the box from me... or do whatever. I yelled and screamed at him, but he simply said ' I'm not getting near the thing'.
So as a last desperate attemt I promissed him hot *** and that spider was out the door in seconds. LOL (don't blame him, we where both still very young back then)
So now whenever I yell "spider!!!" he jumps up and says with a smile "I'll get it hun". I think he got over his discust for the little creepers.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Since you explained that the spider doesn't fear us,
I've changed my view on them.
This morning, a huge spider with dripping venom-filled
teeth scittered across my kitchen floor and luckily, I had
the correct attire for the situation.
I grabbed a chair and stood on it, lifted the hem of my
dress, showing my stocking tops and with all my strength
I screamed out "THOMASSS?!"

The spider just waited, it's beady eyes watching.

Then I remembered that I didn't have a cat called Tom
and that I didn't inhabit a cartoon world.
Needless to say, the spider got me and now I type with
my free foot as I dangle web-bound from the ceiling.

Thanks for putting me right.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
haha omg
I can just see that happening to you

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

It is (ooh cramp!) happening to me and it's quite harrowing.

The only lucky thing is that I can lean over and drink
some undiluted orange juice to keep my strength up.
It's on the shelf... there, that one (pointing)

I type quietly as the spider is watching out the window,
it taps one of it's legs patiently.... waiting for somebody.

I can only hope that someone can rescue lil' ole me.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oh god I hate spiders. There's literally no point to them, I would happily have a few extra cans of fly spray hanging around if it meant all spiders would dissappear!
Weird thing is though, Im only scared of house spiders.. Ive held a tarantula before and actually thought it was cute, all fluffy and stuff

Only thing I think of to get rid of them is to check your doors/windows for any gaps, and then fill them with something... That way they'll find it a bit more difficult to get in!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join