It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts OCT. Snow fall and (pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi everyone

Very unseasonably cold air and snow made a trip to Massachusetts yesterday. If you watched the PATS game on tv you know what i mean. Anyway i made a trip out to wachusett mountain w GF using brand new sleds. as i was driving the snow was not really sticking...i was very skeptical that i would get to enjoy the sledding.

To anyone who knows weather this was an extremely elevation related event...just 5 minutes from the mountain at 850 feet elevation there was a dusting....at 1000 feet 1 inch......at 1200 feet 3 inches and 1400 feet 4.5. I couldn't make it to the summit (2000 ft) because the access road was closed but after talkng with some friendly hikers in the parking lot across from the summit access road (1200 feet elevation ...where attached pics were taken) we decided to hike up the road with sleds and then after a 30 min walk .....take turns hitting different trails and even sled down the moutain road....it was truly mid winter contions above 1200 feet.

looking up moutain a true blizzard up there

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

me making a snowball in parking lot

tress sagging under weight of snow

[edit on 19-10-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Also at the Penn State home game on Saturday there was snow as well. But the Patriots game blizzard was awesome!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

As brings back memories!

I was born and raised in Massachusetts, lived everywhere from Springfield (MA's Springfield is the first in the nation
to the Boston Area (Cambridge mostly), have a lot of family in Rhode Island too.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah the snow was amazing yesterday. It came down in clumps. It was very cool, but were im from we didn't get much to stick on the ground

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Global Warming at work. I've been 100% convinced by posts on ATS that GW can cause Global Cooling. I'm not remotely convinced that our CO2 emissions have just coincidently pushed the planet to its slipping point at precisely the same time that climate cycles would naturally occur.

With snow like that in MA in OCT, I look forward to learning the final 2009 global temp change numbers.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes it was a awesome winter day.....400 feet below us......there was just a dusting on the ground.......and 200 feet above where we were was a raging blizzard.....i was telling my GF (who is from Key west) that this is not normal weather....but up on that little mountain....which we had to ourselves! it was literally mid-winter conditions with about 6 inches of snow above 1400 feet by 5pm last nite....the trails were covered and we had a freakn' blast....

sledding down the summit access road was awesome......can't wait for our next bout of unseasonably cool weather ...hopefully within 2 weeks!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'm a fellow Masshole myself, only in my mid-20s, and I can remember snow happening this early in the year in my lifetime. Sorry to bust all the "Climate Change"-ers bubbles but there's been worse storms 125+ years ago in this time frame.

www.easternuswx.com...

*Edited for broken link*
[edit on 22-10-2009 by Sacreligion]

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Sacreligion]

top topics

join