It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People smuggler taken into custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

People smuggler taken into custody

news.ninemsn.com.au

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith confirmed on Monday that authorities had taken into custody Abraham Lauhenaspessy, known as Captain Bram, who was discovered travelling with a group of Tamil asylum seekers stranded in Indonesia.

Abraham is said to have been paid by the 254 Tamils on board the vessel to bring them to Christmas Island, Fairfax newspapers reported.

He is described as having emerged as "a pivotal organiser of Indonesia's people-smuggling operations in 1999" and is said to have brought 1,500 asylum seekers to Australia illegally.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Illegal immigrants are a hot issue here in Australia at the moment, the boat people coming here have sold everything for the chance of a better life.

They may be a strain on our resources but it's not them who we should blame.

It's the lowlife scum like Captain Bram that need to be blamed and locked up.

I hope he rots in an Indonesian jail for the rest of his life.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Considering the fact that human trafficking is a huge industry I am highly surprised that it is not fought more in depth and as well fiercely.

Then again, Asia is where it is centered from, because all of the stories I have read have either centered there, or lead there eventually.

Slavery still happens to day whether people realize it or not, and it has been a staple industry for a long, long time, well before Africa was raided for the black man, slavery was happening.

Now, it stems from sexual slavery, and selling women into slavery for many types of "services".

As well the Middle East is a large area where white women disappear because someone was sold into slavery for a few measly thousand dollars.

Youtube Video : Taken

Taken was one of my favorite movies as I would to the same extent if someone kidnapped by daughter or son, there would be no going to the U.S. Government because in my opinion they would just screw it up and get my child killed.

Youtube Video : Man on Fire

Man on Fire was yet another one of my favorite movies about this disturbing trend of human trafficking.

I have heard the stories from South America where the kidnappers would stick a Coke bottle up the butt of the abducted victim, I am not making this up, and when they were eventually released, if the ransom was paid, they would both be reminded of the violation of their body due to seeing the Coca-Cola bottles everywhere, as well never be able to enjoy the soft drink ever again.

The horror of their humiliation being a reminder every time they turn a corner, turn on the television, or were offered a Coke as a cold and refreshing drink.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

They may be a strain on our resources but it's not them who we should blame.

It's the lowlife scum like Captain Bram that need to be blamed and locked up.

I agree. Seems to be a problem all over the world. I know that in Mexico some smugglers are being replaced by the cartels.

However, the cartel usually don't smuggle them over. They hold ransom till a family member pays up.

This guy I know paid 3,000 a few weeks ago because the Zeta had got his brother trying to come over. After they got their money, they gave him a good beating and dropped him off close to his town.

Pretty pathetic they take advantage of people who are only looking for a better life.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Chadwickus, I am not sure what it is, the selfishness, or self-centered behavior, but ATS seems to not care about these topics as much as it should.

Missing Persons- Help Find Us

Asking For Psychic Assistance : Project Caylee Anthony

12 White Slaves Halted on the Border

Real issues that are real life conspiracies, that affect people directly, often seem to fall by the wayside all too easily.

new topics

top topics

join