It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Left's apology to Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Now that Bush and Company have been proven right on WMD in Iraq why are we not hearing more apologies? The whole drum beat of the left has been "The war was a lie! There were no WMD!" Now that you lefties are wiping the egg off your faces can you see the truth yet? Do you still believe that there is no WMD? Is thy head still stuck in the sand?

A massive chunk of your argument is now gone **poof**

Come now Colonel, where is the "mea culpa, mea culpa?"

Variable

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well see, I don't consider finding one shell filled with sarin gas to be justification for the entire war. Who knows where that shell could have come from? It could have come from any other country surrounding Iraq, maybe even something al Qaeda had.

I have no doubt that Saddam had WMDs, but this shell isn't enough to justify the war, to me... I don't really think any apology needs to be given.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Some guys find an old bomb from the 80's and set it off. Get a life. Where are the large caches of weapons? Where is the delivery system capable of making the US a target to be reached within 45 minutes. They didn't have a delivery system that could get past Israel. I knew this. Did you?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Despite my well known opinions on this people....even I must caution others in blowing this recent discovery out of proportion. This discovery raises alot of questions but is certainly not one to be held or taunted as the "smoking gun".

seekerof

dz

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Dear President Bush,

I'm sorry I opposed you. I'm sorry that my friends died in your war. You're right, Iraq is a terrible country. I'm sorry that I was blind to see how right you are about Iraq. You are a wise man. Any other person would think that when a country continuously fights and terrorizes our troops, that that would mean that they don't want us there. But you Mr. President are wiser than the wisest, and know that that means that they love us and it's just hazing. I'm sorry that I ever spoke out about you. I only hope that one day, I can make the rest of the world hate the United States as much as you do. I also hope that I can one day match your record of breaking more treaties than anyone else.

So in closing Mr. President, I just want to say that I'm sorry for all the wrong's I've done you.

---

How's that for an apology. Now, where's my apology letter for all the rights he is stripping me of with the Patriot Act? Or how about an apology letter for making it so I can't go to any other country without being scared of telling them I'm American because they would treat me different? Where are his apology letters to all the parents, siblings and friends who lost people in the 'War on Terror'? Where is his apology letter to our founding fathers that worked so hard for this nation, only to find its image ruined in so little time?

I believe I'm not the one who should be apologizing.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Now that Bush and Company have been proven right on WMD in Iraq why are we not hearing more apologies? The whole drum beat of the left has been "The war was a lie! There were no WMD!" Now that you lefties are wiping the egg off your faces can you see the truth yet? Do you still believe that there is no WMD? Is thy head still stuck in the sand?

LMFAO!!! OMG I cant stop laughing. You have got to be joking. They found one shell with some sarin gas on it and that means that saddam had weapons that could wipe us all from the planet? LMFAO!!

This was obviously just another distraction from the Iraqi Prisoner Abuse Scandal.

Like I said on another thread, unless they find a crate burried in the Iraqi dessert filled with Nukes or some really bad Bio Weapons dont come feeding me this bull# about proof!

OMG I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Thanx Variable.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What a cheek!!! Are these the ravings of a demented Irish man?

I'd hardly call this "proof" of a smoking gun.

Thanks for the belly laugh.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
SPIN IT BABY.....SPIN IT!

The Dems will NEVER apologize....haven't you realized that yet!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When Bush says that Iraq has or had WMDs, so will I.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What are you, crazy, Variable? Kerry was saying a year ago there were WMDs, but now convienantly forgot about that...Now maybe he'll start bringing it back up, because as we all know, he's always right

I found it interesting, last night. I watched mainstream news last night, and this was barely talked about. The most notable was Fox News Chicago, who, 13 minutes into the news, did an 11 second piece on this as a lead in into the car bombing that took out the president of the governing councel. But no one really did more then 30 seconds on it (in the major 3 networks, non-cable).

Of course, we know the main stream TV media isn't biased, so this must not be too important

And remember, I'm sure Ted >hic< Kennedy will explain to us that this was actually a CIA plot to make it look like there were WMDs there. Or else people will be saying it's just another attempt at distracting from the abuse, like the Nick Berg murder was. Anything to be right...

[Edited on 5-18-2004 by junglejake]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So what if Kerry or other political leaders claimed wmd, they are just as clueless as the rest of us are, did they go over there and scout the place out for traces of gases?

What about those pictures of dead babies lying on the street, adults and children demented looking , the dog on cnn they gased to death back last year?
Does anyone remember this?

What about the bodyguard who came forward and led them to an underground area where they had them stored, or the mobile trucks that went around so they could avoid weapons inspectors, or the fact that Sadam would pick and choose where the weapons inspectors could go ???

He would # w/ them everytime they went over there, and you guys are claiming that it was just a smidge of Sarin gas??

Weapons of Mass destruction could be a gas, it could be a weapon causing destruction of the masses, like when he gased the kurds a few years back, and you guys dismiss these discusting and brutal murders so that you can have a self righteous ignorant comment to back up your dillusional hypocritical political standing.. Just to be right!

Ignorance denying ignorance... I'm sure your party and Sadam's would make a lovely couple... As it stand now you clearly show your standing in bed with his.

You guys make me sick, sure just ignore all the brutal murders and gasing that went on in the past so you can stand up and deny this fact all in the name of your honorable, moral, pure, right, scrupulous, virtuous politics.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And of course, let's not forget about the mustard gas shell that was found as well, according to FoxNews.

But, of course, it's only two. It couldn't be indicitave of what could be found. All of our marines have dug in every inch of the desert about 60 feet down, and they've found nothing.

Oh, wait, no they haven't...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have chemicals in my garage that are more deadly to more people in a greater area on a longer term then that shell they found. That together with the amateur rocket builder next door, and me having designs on my computer for him for rockets that can fly up to 200 km, wich means we can strike Holland, Germany, France and Luxemburg if we want.

You say the US should invade my country now too?
People say I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist with a insane passion for the hidden truth and an unstopable hunger for information.

I better prepare for an invasion I guess.

Evidence of WMD's would be that they find Weapons CAPABLE of MASS Destruction, not some weapon that can kill a few 100 people at max if you rig the shell with external explosives because it isn't even working!

Weapons of Mass Destruction would be douzens if not 100's and 1000's of firable shells or warheads with biological and chemical agents that can be deployed in a military operation or nuclear warheads and the likes.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by thematrix]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok twist and spin so this situation can fit your ignorant selfish agenda oh righteous one.

Remember when Israel went over and blew the "nuclear" missle up that was designed for the us of a??

Am I dillusional here or did this really happen?

Someone tell me what Israel blew up? Where would we be today if Israel wouldn't of done anything?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

What about those pictures of dead babies lying on the street, adults and children demented looking , the dog on cnn they gased to death back last year?
Does anyone remember this?

*SNIP*

You guys make me sick, sure just ignore all the brutal murders and gasing that went on in the past so you can stand up and deny this fact all in the name of your honorable, moral, pure, right, scrupulous, virtuous politics.

Everyone remembers this. Rumsfeld sold that gas to Saddam, then did nothing when Saddam gassed his own people. It's gotten a lot of press lately.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Everyone remembers this. Rumsfeld sold that gas to Saddam, then did nothing when Saddam gassed his own people. It's gotten a lot of press lately.

Please post your source of this statement.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok it is well known for those of you who want to be so right that Sadam wanted nuclear weapons because Israel had them.

Please read , that is if you can read something that will blow your argument right out of the water...

Saddam Hussein got serious about acquiring technology and equipment for nuclear weapons in 1987. Two different organizations were involved in the procurement and development tasks for his clandestine nuclear program: The first, Al Qaqaa State Establishment, located in Iskandariya near Baghdad, was thought to be in charge of developing the non-nuclear components for a nuclear weapon, German intelligence documents say. The second, Nassr State Enterprise in Taji, also near Baghdad, was said to be responsible for Iraq's uranium enrichment effort. Independently of these organizations, IPC agents in Europe actively sought weapon and uranium enrichment technology and equipment as well.

The biggest immediate concern was that Iraq would construct one nuclear explosive out of a small amount of highly enriched uranium which remained in its civilian nuclear program. This material was committed to peaceful uses and inspected every six months by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which last checked in November and found the material intact. But the possibility existed that Iraq would snatch the material between inspections and use it in a bomb. Even now it is impossible to say where this material might be.
A nuclear weapon, even a crude one, has thousands of parts.

The highly enriched uranium fuel left over from the Osiraq reactor, or not yet irradiated in the IRT-5000, could easily have been moved before war broke out�as could any key pieces of laboratory equipment. Nuclear scientists and engineers have presumably stayed out of harm's way. The war may put a damper on any future program by damaging Iraq's industrial capacity, but the nuclear effort was at such an early stage that there was little to destroy. If Iraq is determined to pursue nuclear weapons after the war, outside help will still be the key to its success.
Link

Did you read it or are you too lazy?
or did you not read it because your stubborn and want to be right so bad.

It's a centrist article... So don't worry there are some liberal thougths in there so you don't have a panic attack.

Now remember Germany and France didn't want to get involved w/ this war because they were in bed with Hussein and helping him out...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A couple of gas shells , reason to invade a country? Why am I hearing this ? weapons of mass destruction e.g , something that could be a threat the Uk and UsA, thus the need for attacking a middle east country they said.....

Bush needs to apolagise to many many people. .

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Let's take another look that there were nuclear materials in Iraq

Iraq Goes Underground

Following the bombing of the Osiraq reactor, Iraq decided to: (1) replace the Osiraq reactor or to develop a heavy water or enriched uranium reactor and associated plutonium separation capability; and (2) develop a uranium enrichment production capacity.

Iraq tried to replace the Osiraq reactor, but by 1985, it realized that it could not buy a replacement. Before the bombing, Iraq had developed plans and purchased some minor items for a 20- to 40-megawatt heavy water natural uranium reactor. After delays in buying a replacement reactor, Iraq decided to pursue this reactor project again. In the late 1980s, however, it put its plans on hold, facing resource limitations. But Iraq continued its efforts to learn how to separate plutonium from irradiated fuel and to make heavy water.

www.isis-online.org...

This may have been old news, but i'm posting it because there are so many people out there wanting to prove that Iraq had to weapons material that he was an innocent man, loving, and kind natured.
That he would never attempt to do any harm to any country OR HIS PEOPLE, because he isn't a sociopathic paranoid schitzophrenic...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Despite my well known opinions on this people....even I must caution others in blowing this recent discovery out of proportion. This discovery raises alot of questions but is certainly not one to be held or taunted as the "smoking gun".

seekerof

Well said Seeker... This, in and of itself, proves nothing.

However, it's imporant to note that even were a large bunker, say the size of Vermont, to be found in the deserts of Iraq chock full of WMDs, there would still be many (you know who you are) folks at this board saying the CIA put them there to save Bush.

The truth matters little to these people. Nick Burg was killed by Bush. 9/11 was cuased by Bush. The fact girls don't like them is Bush's fault.

Oh and DZ, don't worry so much about how people will see you in other countries, people can't stand the smugness of ultra libs anywhere, so being an American wouldn't even come in to play.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join