It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai 'stripped of outright win'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Big breaking news on BBC!

Karzai 'stripped of outright win'

A panel probing fraud claims in the Afghan election has found Hamid Karzai did not gain enough valid votes for an outright win, the BBC understands.

Preliminary results from August's first round had placed Mr Karzai comfortably over the 50% plus one vote threshold needed to avoid a run-off.

But officials have told the BBC the Electoral Complaints Commission (EEC) says Mr Karzai did not win above 50%.

Mr Karzai could now face a second round against main rival Abdullah Abdullah.

I'm a little shocked, but with the UN saying that there were widespread irregularities and election fraud, I guess it was inevitable.

I feel sorry for the Afghani nation, what next will befall them?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah I was just waiting for this!

We have to remember that Hamid Karzai who formerly served as a UNOCAL consultant and was a CIA contact with the Mujahideen during the 80's, was an appointed neocon puppet by the Bush administration and the Carlyle Group for the sole purpose of securing the 'Trans-Afghan Pipeline Project' from the Caspian basin.

He's one corrupted SOB! and his days are probably soon over!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yep I agree, he's no longer of use to them!

If he really was they'd have fixed the Election for sure, I mean if they can rig a US election they can do it in Afghanistan!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well this certainly doesn't bode well. The citizens of Afghanistan were attacked going to the polls for this election and I'd be willing to wager good money that they'll be attacked again if there is a run-off.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Well this certainly doesn't bode well. The citizens of Afghanistan were attacked going to the polls for this election and I'd be willing to wager good money that they'll be attacked again if there is a run-off.

I agree, it doesn't really matter what happens, the Afghanis are the ones who will end up suffering.

Lets just hope this development doesn't start another wave of violence.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I don't think the last wave ever really stopped. Something's being blown up in Afghanistan almost daily by suicide bombers it seems, so it's hard to tell where one wave of violence ends and the next begins.

If they have a run off, I just hope they do it soon instead of dragging it out till next year.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Afghanistan should just go back to being an absolute monarchy as it was prior to the communist coup in 1973. Nations in that part of the world need a strong powerful central government if they want to thrive.

new topics

top topics

join