It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employees face 'shockingly higher' health costs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Yes the baucus bill the one that was approved by congress last week and the one that will be merged with whatever other bills in congress before the final bill, (very complicated, no wonder is behind closed doors even when we are the ones to be stuck with the final result) have subsidies for those that can not afford insurances, also it have tax increases to pay for the bill, (so far only on the over 300,000 thousand income bracket) it have cuts to the Medicare, the military elimination of the government benefits (that one will affect my husband and me and trust me the fight with the vets and retirees is on going) it have reform to have more people (I guess does that do not work) to qualify for the Medicare, so this one I wonder because how can cutting the Medicare budget and adding more people is going make the program run more efficient, I wonder.

NO matter what, whatever is coming out of congress is going to benefit some dirty pockets and is not going to be neither you or me.

That is for sure, after all look so far who is our tax payer dollars benefiting in this nation. . . and we have not voice at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I respectfully disagree with your analysis of what is taking place. This is the same process as was used by the credit card companies. Obama announced a cap on interest rates and fees -- prior to that legislation even being written, the credit card companies raised their rates unilaterally. I know -- my rate went from 7.9% to 24.99% in one fell swoop. Before you even try to assume it was my fault -- their reason was: The value of your house has decreased and therefore your overall net worth has decreased making you a greater risk for default. I had not paid late, missed a payment, charged a large amount, or anything of the sort.

It's called a preemptive strike.

The insurance companies are raising their rates in anticipation of healthcare reform being passed. It's a win-win for them if it doesn't pass -- they will have risen their rates for naught -- yet we continue to pay.

What does Obama get out of this?

He gets to further shake the naughty stick at the insurance company and pitch his "the government is your only hope" mantra,

It's been used time and time again -- Obama threatens us with total devastation unless we do exactly what he wants.

This is exactly that same tactic.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I am sorry but I agree with what you just said, perhaps I didn't express myself the right way but what you are saying is exactly my point also.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm gald that we're on the same page. When I read your post, it seemed that you were placing the emphasis on whether or not there was going to be a public option in the final bill. My point is that it doesn't matter.

The insurance companies get to charge higher rates IN CASE there is a public option --

and Obama gets to use this as a reason FOR A PUBLIC OPTION.

Again, a perfectly orchestrated win-win for Obama AND the insurance companies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join