It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World made in seven literal days

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
World made in seven literal days.
Not that anybody really cares what the Bible says, I just wanted to state this because I posted another thread which stated something contrary which I now do not agree with at all. I cannot access the original thread which has been moved to bts.

Hopefully moderators will delete both threads.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Well, if you read the Bible, you'll see that it says the world was created in *six* days, not seven. God completed the creation on the sixth day, and on the seventh He rested.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Well, if you read the Bible, you'll see that it says the world was created in *six* days, not seven. God completed the creation on the sixth day, and on the seventh He rested.

And with further reading, you'll also realize that 'A day with the Lord is like a thousand years'

Special emphasis in the word 'like' as it could mean many things. Like the grandness and awe of God's heavenly abode makes a day feel like thousand years. Or the place only twilights once every thousand years.

It could even be a consequence of Time Dilation in the vicinity of a massive object like a black hole as being God's Abode. And time passing much slower in a black hole...

Finally, 'like' is a word not detailing precision, it could be millions or even billion fold - 'A day with the Lord is like a billion years' Whoever said that didn't say it in a manner 'A day with the Lord is approximately/exactly a thousand years' so it's open to any estimates

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And then, id like some proof or at least a reason why you believe it.
Because I am totally convinced the world has been made in 3,14 Days.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I like threads like these because they show the possibility of open mindedness.

Those who believe that the world was literally made in 6 days are pretty few, relatively speaking. Many have taken on the notion of using science to explain what happened during creation, which is nice to see. Blind faith belongs only to a dead mind. It's nice to see that those who cling to religion are at least refining those beliefs. So the bible says days, but since one day is like a thousand years then the planet can still be extremely old and still have been created by god.

But I like to cross breed creationism with science and evolution to see where it leads people. Creationists do not believe in evolution. God made the earth and the seas and the mountains and the vegetation and animals, and then man. Man was made in god's image, god looks like man.

But those who use a more scientific line of thought to explain creation in a biblical sense also have a tendency to fold evolution in as well. Since the earth was not made in 6 literal days then man does not have to have been made in literal minutes either. The development of man in the course of science could have taken thousands of years, while for god it only took ...however long it took.

But if that's the case, what is the image of god? If you fold any level of evolution into place then there has to be a definative start and stop part as to where evolution ends and creation began. If god made us in his image, then what is his image? Is he a hairy primate and we have since evolved beyond the initial image of god? Is he a glob of goop, the primodial soup where everything first came from? Is he a single cell?

It's fun to think about. Well... unless you can't stand the thought of thinking about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here's a goody:
If you measure one day as the rotation of earth, how could you measure the creation if it wasn't yet completed and followed other physics, depending on, e.g., mass?

Chaos!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
one thing I never really understood, was that mankind was made on 6th day, GOD rested on the seventh, THEN Adam was created.

So where is the mankind that was created on the 6th day?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

They would have died in the flood. As Noah was from Adam. From that point on, every human would have been from Adam and Eve.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by incarnating
Here's a goody:
If you measure one day as the rotation of earth, how could you measure the creation if it wasn't yet completed and followed other physics, depending on, e.g., mass?

Chaos!

That's an excellent point and one I haven't ever heard before.

A day for us is sunrise to sunset..but if the sun hadn't been created yet, was it based on time, or as you say, some other factor.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

You are assuming that God only created the earth, it is creation entirely the universe is the thing that was created. How big is a universal day?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
1. The Earth was already made prior to the statement "Let there be light"

2. The Earth was described as a lifeless barren water world covered in total darkness before the statement "Let there be light"

3. In fact, the first statement in Genesis is... "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.." So the Earth and the universe were already created prior to God saying "Let there be light"

4. The Earth is billions of years old. It was populated countless times with life forms prior to man.

5. The Genesis (of mankind and his world) begins when God says "let there be light" and the clouds of this dark lifeless water world faded to allow sunlight to shine upon the Earth. After this God made the planet suitable for human life and created all the life forms we see today as well. It is the age of man that is 6,000 years old, that is, this man we know today. The Earth however is billions of years old. Re read the Genesis account and you will see that the Earth was already here before God says "Let there be light". The words without form means (life form) and void meant (barren). These words can be found in Strongs Exhaustive Concordance in the origional textual meaning.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

But the creation story doesn't simply say "a day"

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day"

Genesis 1:5

Since scientists tell us the speed of the Earth's rotation is getting slower every year, then 6,000 years ago perhaps the first day was actually less than 24 hours. But it states "evening and morning".

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
one thing I never really understood, was that mankind was made on 6th day, GOD rested on the seventh, THEN Adam was created.

Genesis chapter 1 describes the creation week. Adam was created on day 6;

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31

And Chapter 2 of Genesis, starting at verse 7, gives much more details of what happened during that 6th day of creation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Bible baloney. this was a book written by a race that could barely read themselves. I time when it was thought that fish falling from the sky were a message from "god"rather than a simple water spout in that area. earthquakes were also a sign from "god" even though there was a fault zone in that area. WE have Dino fossils. where is that in the Bible?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
WE have Dino fossils. where is that in the Bible?

Book of Job

Also a great video showing there have been contemporary dinosaurs. As well as dinosaur bones found not petrified yet.

See "Seminar part 3"

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

yeah and weren't those written as our basic crocs and hippos?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by NOTurTypical

yeah and weren't those written as our basic crocs and hippos?
Some have claimed such, but a hippo doesn't have the tail like an cedar tree, a hippos' tail is very tiny.

Watch the video man, you'll be floored. I used to think dinosaurs were millions of years old like I was taught in school, now I'm certain man has walked with them, hunted them, drew them in artwork for centuries etc.

And the first dinosaur fossil wasn't even fount until the 1800s if I remember correctly. What is especially odd to me, is human artwork has accurately depicted circular "spots" on the dinosaur skin, of a triceratops I believe, in ancient artwork, and the first piece of fossilized dinosaur skin has just been recently found.

Watch the video, even if it's simply just to critique it. Fascinating stuff that will blow your mind.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by incarnating
Here's a goody:

Chaos!

Interesting enough I suppose, but the one fact that really makes the creation story in Genesis difficult for me to accept is that all this was done with NO COFFEE on the first day. Strains the credulity.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

It's got to be the French. It's always the bloody French who keep showing up at the wrong time.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Genesis 1:5 "...And there were nights and days, and this was the first aeon (Yowm)"

The word Yowm may mean day, year, lifetime, age, aeon, you name it. It refers to an enclosed period of time. Like in Bronse Age or Stone Age. In hebrew one would use the word Yowm instead of Age here.

Yowm is probably connected to the English word Home etymologically, and it may mean universe or planet aswell. Even experiment or project would fit.

Using this semantics, you may read Genesis 1:5 like:
"...and these were the nights and days in the first universe God made."

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join