It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brothers and Sisters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
There is so much suffering in the world. So much, all over the place. And here we sit in our chairs typing away about how the suffering is wrong, how the what the governments do to their people is wrong. And we sit and type, and we sit and type.

I am so sick right now. My anger has reached a boiling point. I sit here and try and justify living in the world where most people don't even realize the full extent of what's going on. I can't logically come to a conclusion as to why, if there is so much suffering, that we do NOTHING. How is it that our government goes to war?

HOW IS IT THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN STOPPED!?
HOW THE HELL IS IT THAT MILLIONS OF US ARE NOT OUT IN THE STREET THIS VERY SECOND YELLING AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS TO STOP THE CARNAGE AND MURDER!?

How is it that we kill the innocent in name of safety? How is it that we ignore real suffering like in Korea? How is it that we just don't care.

If you were to look into the eyes of someone in pain, would you not want to help them? Why are we not trying, with every fiber of our being to stop the oppression in North Korea? How can we turn a blind eye to the millions of under-paid over worked SLAVES in China building our precious barbie dolls. How can you walk into Wal-Mart and not puke realizing that they employ slaves?

How can you justify your apathy?

Why are you not this passionate?

When will we have the bravery of this man in our souls?

When will we have the love and inspiration of this man?

When will it end?

The suffering in this world is great. And I feel all of the pain of my Brothers and Sisters. Evil or Good, I love you and I wish you the best.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

Because apathy is the sad state that has overtaken the world.

If we were not so comfortable, we would get up and do something about that.

And no-one has ever been able to stop demented governments going to war.

But, by the same token, a lot of people do help others, whether hands-on, with aid or even with love.

And it can only get worse. Because young people are into their latest technologies, not each other, least of all other ages.

So in the future there will be even less caring about others, and more apathy.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Because apathy is the sad state that has overtaken the world.

If we were not so comfortable, we would get up and do something about that.

And no-one has ever been able to stop demented governments going to war.

But, by the same token, a lot of people do help others, whether hands-on, with aid or even with love.

And it can only get worse. Because young people are into their latest technologies, not each other, least of all other ages.

So in the future there will be even less caring about others, and more apathy.

We as a people should be out there demanding the right thing to be done.

I think it's quite amazing that Americans as a supposedly free people are so blind to what's going on. If we were truly free, and I mean free in every sense of the word, then we would be a nation of great love and humanity. And yet we are at war.

I guess I can't explain myself well enough, but it makes me want to breakdown and how chained we are in reality. We've been waiting so long to see whether or not our governments are trying to enslave us.

Don't you understand? We already are. We are already slaves.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I do understand.

Governments dictate how people live.

But we vote in the governments which gives us the illusion of choice.

In reality, there is no choice, because governments decide the major factors quite apart from the people they supposedly represent.

The evils are power and money.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Perspective #1: "Life is suffering" -First Noble Truth of Buddhsim

Perspective #2: "Life is full of suffering. Yet it is also full of the overcoming of suffering." -Helen Keller

One of my greatest problems as a human being has been a constant flip-flopping back and forth between an inner-directed perspective and an outer-directed one. That is, I often think, "To hell with the world, whatever we do, its always going to be full of pain...better to look within and immerse myself in the divine." At other times, I'll think the opposite: "Action is called for, get up and do something NOW to make the world a better place!!"

My deepest hope is that the two perspectives are not mutually exclusive, and that a balance can be found...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I totally agree.

I think that the best we can do is look inside ourselves and find our deepest strengths.

And apply them. Other than that, we are helpless.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock87

Don't you understand? We already are. We are already slaves.

The resistance movement is small and isolated.

However, all hope is not dead.

The war is just beginning.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I don't understand how.

Because the power is out of the people's hands.

People do not band together, unfortunately.
\\

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I don't understand how.

Simply make yourself available.

The resistance will find you.

Harsh as it may be, the choice once presented is simple.

"Join" or "Die".

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I have always been available, and I have always known my powers, but usually the people who find me are not the resistance.

They are usually the powers that be.

I have mental powers, which may not help.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I have always been available, and I have always known my powers, but usually the people who find me are not the resistance.

They are usually the powers that be.

You must be wary as some who make contact with you are actually the enemy. In a time of war it can be difficult to determine friend from foe.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

WHEN I stand before thee at the day's end thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
-Rabindranath Tagore

If you focus on the suffering of the world, you will be overwhelmed by all the misery. If you try to ignore it, your heart will become hardened. The only way to handle it, in my opinion, is to remain open to the needs of those around you, the people you meet in your life, and do what you can to ease their suffering. There are plenty of people suffering right in your home town, right in your own neighborhood. You don't have to go to Korea of Afghanistan or anywhere else. Suffering is universal.

Don't focus on what you can't do. Focus on what you can do, and then do it. It's not going to end all suffering, but it's a start.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just remember: Its very easy to know when something is wrong. Its much harder to define what exactly should replace it.

Immediately before or in the midst of any kind of upheaveal, all the "good guys" feel like "brothers and sisters." But once the old order is gone, often infighting begins...not to mention horrors like the Red Terror of the Russian revolution or the Great Terror of the French Revolution, when the madame guillotine swung sickeningly from dawn till dusk.

Not trying to discourage anyone...but its a sobering thought, isn't it?

top topics

join