It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would ET's Disclose through Government and not just Appear to all of us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Maybe they will be really pissed about the moon bombing and want to talk to the country that did that

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this. If this happens, I think it will be a collusion between the ET's and our gov.

It's starting to get that antichrist thing going. You have the "God" Obama, who just so happens to bring about the biggest "miracle" we've ever known? Doesn't the bible (if you believe it) warn of just such a false prophet who comes bearing miracles?

We all know BO fits a false prophet for sure but this? I dunno, but I don't think I like the coincidence of it all.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If the aliens really wanted to announce their presence they could just hijack TV broadcasts during Dancing with the Stars or something.

They'd have the ear of more people than just floating over a city or landing here and there saying hello. That'd be a logistic nightmare. You'd have to do it through some mass media.

We wouldn't want to have a recreation of that old sci-fi movie either. *alien walks down ramp to men with guns*

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
quite simple...have you seen INDEPENDENCE DAY??
did you see how the people re-acted to a "sudden disclosure?"
yea...that times 10 lol

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I feel that the ET's would choose to 'disclose' their existance to any Government, not just the US but the US is the most 'obvious' as they control most of the airwaves . If I were an Alien that were I would go, and I think they have done it right, contact a few people , let them become accustomed to the idea, then meet tmore people and let the information bleed into society, the more people that believe or at least are open to the possibility of life outisde their atmosphere the better ,then the Governments would be contacted to 'finalise' the information to the public.

The ET's would choose the best outlet for their arrival and that would be the Government as it is ( even though corrupt by our opinions and observations whilst living here) but it is at least a centralised group of inidividuals, not some ragtag,unco-ordinated group of singular people.
It would make more sense to go to a formed group and more beneficial to the ET's to do it this way as meeting and greeting a few people with for lack of a better term with no sense of direction ( not intended to belittle ANY contactee or abductees here ) but the single individuals they meet in a field have no impact on the world stage.

All they can hope to achieve using our present technology is a posting of a blurry video on youtube, and they have to ride the jibes and accusations of falsehood from the rest of the comunity at large.

At least with an ET going to the established Goverments they have the broadcast strength AND ( very limited IMO) honest integrity and most people would actually believe it if it came from an 'offical' source.

If 'indoctrinated' slowly ET's would be welcomed into our society , same as us discovering a new species on our world underwater or far in the jungles, we'd go " ooow , arrrr" for a while then get used to it, some would freak as they are told 'Aliens don't exist' by either their religeon or their peers, but their peers are only forcing their own beliefs on the people , Some would see them as a threat after all Hollywood never does a 'friendly' alien ( apart from ET the film ( which was poop IMO)).

More people are ready to believe everything they see on TV other than go outside and learn about it themselves which goes to show the lazy 'quick fix' society we live in. People use all kinds of excuses to argue against aliens visiting our world, its technologically impossible ( by OUR standards) there's too much distance between stars ( by OUR standards) there aren't enough habitable worlds in the universe ( how do we know? have we got out there to find any? all we do is look through telescopes).

My biggest fear about meeting Aliens is not that they want to suck my brains out through my jacksy but the thought that I may embarress myself being Human, being aware and fully prepared now but totally fluffing it when face to face with a genuine alien, of being a dumb animal and running off screaming while filling my trousers with whiffjuice.
At least if I become complacent about life being out there then should one pop onto TV and say " We are here , hello" then at least I'd say " WOW" instead of " OMG , they're here to kill us or enslave us all".

To any Aliens watching , Hello from a simple average Human, can I see your ship?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
quite simple...have you seen INDEPENDENCE DAY??
did you see how the people re-acted to a "sudden disclosure?"
yea...that times 10 lol

Trouble I see there are too types of meaning behind that kind of 'disclosure'

1: Aliens who couldn't give a rats backside about humanity and are hell bent of takeover or destruction, they'd just appear in force or unannounced, more people commiting suicide means less logisitical mess for them to deal with.

2: a compassionate race would like to meet and greet a simpler sentient lifeform and would therefore like to minimise losses to life would appear slowly then more pronounced as time goes by. like lately, more UFO and Alien reports followed by more open contact ( yeah like the 23rd of Novmber apparently).

At least with option 2 theres less panic .

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Universal law - when given a choice, the path of least resistance will win out. Water follows this law, electricity, people, etc. Its a law that makes this site so popular with us too. We spew our beliefs and only need to deal with an electonic rebuttal - very easy too deal with.

I would assume that if aliens had been here recently (last 50) years, that a government contingency would likely be their first encounter. If they try to go around that then the gov't response would still be there rather quickly after.

I think they would be smarter than that though and disclosure would simply be the gov't confirming ET existence and providing more credible evidence than we've ever seen. I don't for a second think it will be Obama introducing Bob, the Orion ET. It will be a simple power grab move when needed which might be sooner rather than later.

When Bob the ET's world wants to make themselves known to the planet, it will likely be on their terms.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
ET's have been reportedly visiting people for decades. But what can you do, if 5 minutes after the gov. shows up and says if you even hint about what happened, you and everyone you know will "disappear"? Or they just kill you and say "suicide".

That's what keeps most people quiet, the fear of death. I however, would say f it and talk anyway, which sucks cause I think I could have a nice talk with an ET without freaking out, so long as they warn me first and don't just pop up in my room.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I brought this, my thought, up in the thread about the November dates ........

I can't help but think of some Hopi stories I've read about the proverbial "day of salvation" from ourselves. It is said that there will be two occurrences of a showing to humans. The first will be by evil ones (that can be of either/both bad aliens, as well as only bad humans staging the event), that they will say they are her to help us, when actually they are all about enslaving/ridding/using us.

The second showing, that of "beings of light" will be the true friend of good humans.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You have to relise theses aliens are really smarter than all of us and they will continue to stay 10 steps in frount of the United States goverment at all times.Though experences on other worlds like earth with intelligent species the aliens will know when it will be the right time to introduce themselfs to the rest of mankind.Maybe they never will.At our currenty level of technology and mental develpoment we are not ready to meet our alien friends.We as a race of intellegent beings have a longway to go to earn the trust and respect of the other intellegent species that occupie our world and the rest of the universe.The human species on this planet we call earth have commited some of the most horrid and humain crimes against them selfs ,other living species on the earth itself.We talk about aliens being evil.Thats how the rest of the universe sees us.A evil species that is too militarized and need to change for the best.It will be a slow progress but the new world order will make the human species a much better species than it is now.It may take thousands of years to change the human race but it will happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
You have to relise theses aliens are really smarter than all of us and they will continue to stay 10 steps in frount of the United States goverment at all times.Though experences on other worlds like earth with intelligent species the aliens will know when it will be the right time to introduce themselfs to the rest of mankind.Maybe they never will.At our currenty level of technology and mental develpoment we are not ready to meet our alien friends.We as a race of intellegent beings have a longway to go to earn the trust and respect of the other intellegent species that occupie our world and the rest of the universe.The human species on this planet we call earth have commited some of the most horrid and humain crimes against them selfs ,other living species on the earth itself.We talk about aliens being evil.Thats how the rest of the universe sees us.A evil species that is too militarized and need to change for the best.It will be a slow progress but the new world order will make the human species a much better species than it is now.It may take thousands of years to change the human race but it will happen.

I agree...much how we view our day to day people..."HES BAD, HES WRONG, HES PROBABLY THIS AND THAT"...we say aliens are evil bastards etc...
only one whos actually truelly been PROVEN...is our species.
We like to point fingers and accuse rather than account for our own mistakes
(most not all)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

If this is how the whole # is functioning, they should be driven from the planet along with their "bloodline" cronies, and stop influencing and manipulating us.

I want to make my own mistakes and evolve, not somebody elses. Get of the planet before i get my torch and my pitchfork

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Heres something I posted on another thread.

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Something else to think about might be "seeing it from the UFO's point of view".

Say on one of the I'm sure several galaxy/space scans/explorations we do, we run across a planet with a civilization similar somewhat to ours.

What do we do?

Do we make contact immediately or do we scan the planet and try to get a feel of what types of peoples they are beforehand? Do you think we would make contact if we seen they were a violent people with wars etc similar to us?

What would we do if either by accident or their intervention we lost a craft unmanned/manned?

I wonder if we would disclose that we found something like that.

I think thats an interesting perspective.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Personally I don't think they will ever fully disclose themselves to the masses...

I could be completely wrong maybe they are secretly involved with our government....heck maybe instead of possibly being of kenyan descent maybe Obama is an alien?!?! And they are using him as a tool to finally reveal themselves?

I'm personally not a skeptic and I believe there is a lot that our government hides from us, but I don't think that there is a really good possibility that aliens are going to come out through Obama, but if they do he can finally earn that nobel peace prize.

(This sounds an awful lot like the new ABC show V
)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

All this talk of disclosure from Friedman and the like gives me a headache. Could it simply be that this is another way to control our minds so we don't look for the answers ourselves.

I stopped relying on the experts and started trusting my own eyes. They're here.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
the forthcoming "disclosure announcment" has False flag / Black op written all over it.

if anything gets announced, it will be only a small sample of the "truth" will a healhty dose of misinformation / disinformation.

I don't trust anything that that the government does anymore, and when they publicly "come clean" it's pretty safe to say that they will do it in a manner that deflects any criticism or fault on them.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

who said they made such a request..... any info on the mass contact the next day after official disclosure?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Because unfortunatley they may think thats who they are supposed to communicate with even if their true individual contacts are not in the govs. but they will catch on mabey.

[edit on 10/19/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

IF ET's are visiting us and UFO's are real..

That means that they are sentient and intelligent beings that use some kind of hierarchical system of governance and probably have a system for dealing with lesser life forms.

So why would they just "Appear" to all of us?

We would probably mean as much to them as a form of sentient squirrels would mean to us.

If they are going to deal with anything to do with humanity, they would deal directly with the heads of the most industrialized nations.

Its a blatantly obvious system and makes perfect sense. We would use it if we were in the same position.. I would hope.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Great points.
If they have been coming here for a while, then it is likely that their travellers are from some kind of 'agency' on their home planet/s. If we sent people to their planet, they'd likely come from some 'alphabet soup' agency.
If we did send people to their planet/s, would our men and women just plonk down in the middle of nowhere and be happy with contact with whomever or whatever they found there?

If the aliens have been watching us for a while, they'll know that they eyes and ears of the world are on POTUS. Good or bad, everyone pays attention...
I'd like to think if we went to other planets, we'd at least keep an eye on their transmissions to see who the best person is to contact.

POTUS makes more sense. Not from any political reason - quite the opposite - just because the world is watching him closely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join